Are there any other Rubik's fanatics here?

I have yet to buy one of those. My budget is a little limited… most of the cubes I have were bought for me.

/me likes sudoku, but this looks beyond his knowledge :cry:

Have you made that sudocube self? I havent seen any cube like that, had been fun to test :wink:

No I didn’t make it, you can buy them off the net (search ‘sudokube’).

Do you know if they sell the stickers by themselves?

Haha no idea, BUT you could probably buy blank white stickers (from a newsagents or stationary store) and write the numbers on them.

I found something you might want to see.

Tomothy, Im quite sure a cube can be put back in a wrong way…

Where did you get that Pridak ?!?!

I trained speedcubing for some time and achieved 22.56 s :smile: But now I’m not into it as much as then, so I guess my times would be now well over 30 s.

And do you know this? superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm
I managed to complete one ‘side’ of this :happy:

I’ve been speedcubing for about 8 months, and average 40 seconds. I don’t tend to just focus on the 3x3 cube, I have about 30 different puzzles (including a few custom-built puzzles) that I solve.
Average times:
2x2x2 : ~10 seconds
4x4x4 : ~3 minutes
5x5x5: ~7 minutes
Megaminx (the 12-sided one someone posted a picture of earlier) : ~5 minutes

Edit: Imagine trying to solve this

What’s your method?

I use the Fridrich Method.

Awesome!!

I have a question for you. I went all over the net looking up stuff about the Fridrich method, and they all said that it was a method without algorithms. I kept looking: what do I find?

SPOILER - Click to view

algorithms. Lot’s of 'em.

What I’d really like to know is how to do the OLL(edit: PLL), or the fish method. Know anyway I can learn this without learning the algorithms? (I met this one dude who was using fridrich, he apparently learned how in, like, a week. I don’t think he used algorithms) Would you care to point me to a good video?

Never heard about Fridrich Method as a method without algorithms. I learned 30 of them - 9 OLLs and 21 PLLs. As there are 21 possible cases for PLL, I know all of them. For OLL there are 57, but 9 are more then sufficient for solving the cube. If you want to be really fast though you should learn all of them.
What I do without any algorithms is the cross and F2L (really, algorithms for CROSS?! No way…), and that is also not the whole truth - while I was solving the cube over and over again, certain cases repeated themselves and I just developed my own algorithms to solve them. It is possible to find algorithms for F2L in the internet too, but in my opinion it is simple enough to do it yourself when you get the main idea. It is not as easy with OLL and PLL though, and that’s why people usually learn algorithms for those.
Sure, it is possible to solve the whole cube without algorithms, but it would end up the same - you would have to develop your own algorithms for some of the situations. That’s how I solved the 4x4x4 cube by the way.

I’ve figured out the OLL by myself, but I just want to get PLL down. Know of a good explanation anywhere?

Instead of learning all 21 PLL’s, I learned only the 7 which moved corners or edges.
They are the first 7 on this page.

That cube isn’t mine…it’s just a pic off the net.

WHOA THAT’S SOME CUBE!

Well, technically it’s not a cube because it’s in the (so-called) 4th dimension (which happens to be time). Since a normal cube is in the 3rd dimension (3 length, 3 width, 3 depth), and this (supposedly) isn’t actually a cube, they’re gonna have to think of something else to call it. Maybe.

I’m into cubes, and that “cube” up there is a megaminx- not too much harder than a standard cube. There are hundreds like it which are called “twisty puzzles”. Careful, though, most are highly addictive. :smile:

That’s so cool that there is a topic about this :content:.
I am a complete fanatic! My average is around 18 seconds and I can solve the 4x4x4 also. I’m getting a 5x5x5 soon. Maybe if I spent as much time on LDing as I did on speedsolving I could actually get a a LD :grin: