Lucid dreaming on little sleep?

So I just started school again and I really can’t afford to sleep more than 6 hours with the amount of work I have,but when I’m this tired I tend to just sleep so deeply I can’t even remember my ND’s when I wake up. I have impressions of dreams but no actual recall, nothing of substance that I can actually record in my DJ. Can you still have LD’s on little sleep? I know that they’d be short LD’s due to shortened REM periods, but it should still be possible, right…?

Well I don’t have any direct advice but I would suggest to sleep at least 8 hours. Not because of dreams but because your body just needs it, it’s the medical fact. I think there shouldn’t be anything that you put before your own health!

About recalling dreams. I know what you mean. Sometimes when you are tired you just don’t have a will or intention to remember dreams. It’s hard to pay attention on them while not being over exhausted let alone when you’re tired.

But my guess is as long as you keep and intention to recall dreams and becoming lucid you will with time. Even if you do sleep only 6 hours I would suggest WBTB. It could be only 5 minutes but raising your consciousness and intention upon awaking and then going to sleep must raise your chances of becoming lucid!

8 hours of sleep would be an absolute dream :grin:

I find I remember a general theme sometimes, or just a single freeze frame from the ending of my dream. It’s just this strange hunch, really.

Thank you! I’ll definitely try that, I haven’t attempted WBTB before. I’ve been going to sleep using the MILD technique, but the last few days I’ve been too tired to actually really mean my mantra and I end up just reciting it in my head with no real intent.

Sometimes I sleep really late and those are the days where I have very bad recall. It’s just me though, may vary for others.

In the past I have had lucid dreams on very little sleep (as little as 3 hours). But if I sleep little over an extended period of time, my dreaming tends to suffer horribly).

Usually the day AFTER I sleep very little, my dreams are very vivid and intense.

Actually lack of sleep doesn’t cause shortened REM periods, but longer ones. It’s called REM Rebound. Probably also in part an explanation for Svenshinhan’s experiences with the night after. As has been said though, sleep deprivation is probably not a good idea. It will affect your bodies natural cycles and it’s unlikely to help you focus or produce your best work in the long run either.