Memory Inside Dreams?

Author  Message 
Hoodswigler
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 18

Memory Inside Dreams?
PostPosted: Fri 20 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Does anyone ever have memories of other dreams while you're dreaming? Last night I had a ND that I found the same mountain that I found in another dream. Is it weird to remember other dreams within your dreams? Of course in my dream I didn't realize it was a dream I was remembering. Thoughts anyone?

Current LD goal(s): Asking a DC to take me to whoever is in charge.
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 十&

PostPosted: Fri 20 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

They are more false memories than anything. But I think there are two types of false memories. 1. The false memories you have of something happening that really didn't and 2. The false memory being the one that only exists in a dream, such as what you're describe now. What I mean by two, is having a memory of a place you have been to before in another dream (and that memory being true, as in you really did go to that place in another dream).

Personally, I remember them as places I have been to before, it is very rare for me to remember these places as places I have been to in a -dream-. For me these places exist in my dream realm, and I may revisit them. I totally understand what you are saying, though. I know a lot of people have this happen to them, too. In fact, some people actually visit these places when they are lucid, making their dream memories true, too tounge1 I usually call them dream memories, instead of false ones, because they did happen, just not IRL.

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 21 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Like Eilatan said, I have a lot of false memories in my dreams, but occasionally a real memory of a previous dream may sneak in (these dreams don't have to be related).

In fact, I became lucid once because I randomly remembered a dream during a dream. That got me thinking about dreaming and all of a sudden I knew I was dreaming! It's hard to identify the absolute false memories because they might be memories from dreams we've already forgotten.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
myechta_rukovodstva
staying classy.
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Isn't that great, to discover a cool place in an ND, wishing you could go back, and doing it once lucid? smile this kind of thing has happened to me, but then again ill have recurring dreams where I didn't remember the entire place and setup until after I've woken up.

print