Llaca Night Life!
print ShareShare 

Listening to music while sleeping

Page 2 of 2Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author  Message 
Ephraim
LD count: 0

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

I listen, well have to due to habit now, to all types of music, tho its usually down tempo/calm. Hell, its called my Calm mix :D I use it to fall asleep to but never thought about what it could do to any attempts to lucid dream/recall my dreams. I also wake up to loud kinda annoying (Billy Talent) music (tho it takes a few mins for me to actually wake up most of the time meh). I shall now see if I can use the musics as a jumping off point for lucid dreaming/recall of dreams :D

Current LD goal(s): to remember at least 2 dream a week
ReaditTwice
Dream Master
Novice dreamer
LD count: 600 plus

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Cool Ephraim, let us know how you go. Are you planning to use a MILD to trigger a LD with the music? That would be one approach. The fact that it takes you a few mins to wake up is a possible tool in itself...though it might mean that you will have only short LDs due to waking up by the music eventually. Then again, maybe you can override the music from inside the LD itself, would no doubt take some practice. Have fun smile

Current LD goal(s): to lucid dream at will
Kache
Brownie Eater
Somniologist
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

I've had that too, Rkanga. I heard this techno music that I was pretty sure I had never heard in my life. It was clear and loud HH.

Current LD goal(s): Have an adventure, have a conversation with DCs
ReaditTwice
Dream Master
Novice dreamer

Hey Kache and rKangas, is there anything that you can think of that may have triggered or preceded the music HHs? It would be interesting to know if there might be a way to induce it somehow...just wondering smile

rKangas
I just want to know
Novice dreamer
LD count: 9

I've asked mattias as well about HH music but neither of us has a way to induce it at will. It just comes by chance.

Probably it can be heard, like all other things concerning dreams, when your intention is strong enough but that's not very helpful I guess.

Sweet dreams

Current LD goal(s): Build Me a Spaceship

Last edited by rKangas on Thu 26 Apr, 2012; edited 1 time in total
ReaditTwice
Dream Master
Novice dreamer

I'm most interested in audio HH prior to actual dreaming, like when just drifting off to sleep and entering REM. I use HI in this way to catch dreams as I'm falling asleep so as to enter into a LD from the wake state (as in WILD). I have just started (last night) to try and induce a song in my dreams which I would say is not HH but simply a product of dreaming. In one dream last night I was writing out lots of verses but no music, and I can't recall anything I wrote either...more work needed for sure - haha wink5 So I'm not sure if we are talking about the same phenomenon. Are your audio HHs pre-dream or in dream?

Cheers, and thanks for your replies smile

rKangas
I just want to know
Novice dreamer
LD count: 9

My HH music is definitely pre-dream. Just few days ago I heard some blurry verses. In my case I guess it is connected with how much music I listen WL and how much I concentrate on the lyrics and beat.

The music I hear in dreams is the same I listen to when awake.

Sorry that I can't help you with actual advice.

Sweet dreams,
Raul

Current LD goal(s): Build Me a Spaceship
ReaditTwice
Dream Master
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying that - I was on track then smile Maybe as you say it's the quantity of, and focus on, the music that you listen to IWL - that makes sense. It may also be that some folk are 'wired' to experience audio HH whereas others aren't or would have to work at it a lot to experieince them on any sort of regular basis. I'm going to look into this more and find out as much as I can about it. Cheers smile

Kache
Brownie Eater
Somniologist
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Thu 03 May, 2012  Reply with quote

ReaditTwice wrote:
Hey Kache and rKangas, is there anything that you can think of that may have triggered or preceded the music HHs? It would be interesting to know if there might be a way to induce it somehow...just wondering smile

On that day I was listening to a 2 hour techno mix for the whole day. In class, at home, everywhere and all the time.

Current LD goal(s): Have an adventure, have a conversation with DCs
ReaditTwice
Dream Master
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2012  Reply with quote

It does make sense that saturating yourself with music in that way might produce the HH effect. It seems that you both have the ability to trigger HHs by listening to large volumes of music. Thanks for the info that's really helpful smile

Page 2 of 2Goto page Previous  1, 2

print   ShareShare