Should you listen to what DCs say?

This is just a question that came to my mind this morning, since in this night’s LD I walked up to a random DC and asked for a Dream-Prolonging Pill. He had one and gave it to me, but stated that it would be better not to take it. I decided to ignore his warning, and a few seconds after taking the pill I woke up. So my question is: Should you listen to what DCs say, or perhaps would it be better not to ask them for anything?
Oh yeah, perhaps I should note that most of the time I ask DCs for things I need, mostly for Dream Prolonging, and it seems to work most of the time ^^

Most of the time, I don’t talk much with DCs, but I think you shouldn’t listen to them too much (it’s pretty much like talking to yourself, lol). For instance, most of the time, if you ask a DC if you’re dreaming, they’ll say “No” and that’s obviously not true :tongue:

You might want to wait for an answer from someone more experienced though. :\

Sure! They can tell you stuff about your mind. But I agree, don’t tell them that they are in a dream. :smile:

Listen to what they say if you believe it’s helpful. However, every time I’m lucid I make it a point to tell most DC’s that they are just characters of my imagination. I enjoy watching their reactions.

Most of the time I would talk to a DC just to see what they say. I’ve never really gotten the chance too but I’ve had a long talk in a normal dream it was a very intelligent convo. He was trying to teach my something. Something to do with life. He told me if you focus on the plant it will make it grow lol. I just makes me feel weird when I think about that.

It might depend on what they say. If they tell you to do something bad… you probably shouldn’t do that. I think that if someone old tells you something in your dreams, you really should take your time to understand and listen to their words.

My answer is “Yes!” you should definitely converse with dream characters.

I have had a dream character teach me a powerful meditation before. And, while usually dream characters do not believe that it’s a dream if I say so, I have had several lucid dreams where dream characters have believed me. On a couple of occasions, these dream characters were friends of mine in waking physical reality; the other times I didn’t recognize the faces of the people at all.

In one dream I’m thinking of, I told a dream character that it was a dream and he told me “I know.” He was quite excited to talk to somebody who knew it was a dream too. We showed each other flying tricks and generally played around.

Another time, I told a friend of mine across the country that we were dreaming and she believed me. I urged her to wake up and call me. I even told her my telephone number because I knew she didn’t have it. She repeated it several times with me and then we agreed to wake up on the count of three. Well, I woke up right away and waited for a call and it never came. The next day, wanting some confirmation, I emailed her and didn’t say anything about the dream. I simply asked how she’d been. She responded right away and said it was weird that I was emailing her (we hadn’t talked in a year or so) because she’d had a dream about me the night before! I asked her what the dream was about but couldn’t remember any details; she just woke up knowing that she’d had a dream about me.

Obviously, that’s no real validation at all. It could be coincidence. I won’t defend it one way or the other, but it was novel and curious and I’ve had other experiences like it.

The bottom line is, as far as I’m concerned, is that there’s a gamut of dream character complexity. Some of them are simple thoughtforms. Some of them–even if they’re “just you”–are very complex and intelligent (like the character who taught me a meditation).