Quality RC

It has come to my attention that not many people understand how ‘quality LDs’ works :content:

I decided to start writing this after I had three LDs in a row.

You might want to look up the ADA guide in Dreamviews for better understanding, but it doesn’t really matter.

First, if you do RCs via alarm timing, then stop that. Find out something that will periodically happen to you, maybe walking through doors, or like me, do them randomly and keep it in your mind forever.

Now that is cleared of, some of your RCs may not work.

I introduce you: Nose plug RC! (Plugging your nose and trying to breath)

This technique works 99% of the time, and it only doesn’t work if you don’t pay too much attention to it.

Now my quality LD works like this

1. When at your RC time, examine the details of your surrounding as if they are shifting dream objects.
  2. Look for something unusual, do a memory RC, and think in your head ‘Am I dreaming?’, even if you know you’re not dreaming.

By that step if you’re in a dream you’re probably already lucid by now, but only partially.That’s when you deal the final blow.

1. Do your RC (most preferably nose plug), stabilize the dream, and remember to spin around because nose plugs tend to get people to wake up fast.

Offtopic: Some of you may want to combine this with WBTB and WILD, as that will multiply your chance considerably, x2 by those techniques, and x2 again by this technique.

Also if you wake up in excitement then do it again the next day, you’ll cope with it soon enough.

interesting… I always tried to just traspass any solid object with my finger. that’s the RC I use. but this nose plug RC sounds better. I’ll start trying it… thanks.

Good advice. However, if I could add one minor adjustment, I would take a piece of advice from yet another RC related topic:
Instead of ASKING “Am I dreaming?” I would suggest you already implant the idea that you ARE in fact dreaming by STATING “This is a dream.” This will I believe be more effective and it will reduce the shock because you already have it in your head that you’re dreaming. If you are awake and you say “I am dreaming.” then you know this statement to be false and so, if your car for example has breaks that aren’t working you might want to consider going off to the side. Otherwise, make your car fly!

By using a question you will be able to trigger your critical thinking, even if you know you are dreaming you will still be a stupid god without your clarity.

As for the shock just by having it alot you would start to resist it automatically and go on about normally.

I think you’re mistaken. By declaring that you are dreaming instead of asking that you are, your subconscious is making no distinctions between waking and dreaming states by that statement. However, if you ask “Am I dreaming?” you are making a clear distinction (i.e. “yes” or “no”) between waking and dreaming. At least when it comes to Dream Yoga, those who have practiced Lucid Dreaming thousands of years ago told their students to treat all reality as though it were a dream, and this will allow them to exert more mastery over their sleeping life.

I can understand you have reserved your judgement on this matter because you already have a very solid opinion and you are unlikely to sway in that regard. However, I don’t believe your statement about being a ‘stupid god without your clarity’ is correct.