Dream Design

Yes you read that correctly, Dream design it’s the ability to be an architect of your own dreams in detail before you have them.

How to step 1: right now you can start designing your dream, say you want to dream of an landscape with mountains and lakes you’re going to want to design every detail like is it warm outside or is it a tree infront of you and if so what kind of tree is it? Think out every detail and write it down on a paper or your computer/phone.

Example: I’m in at a street in Rome Italy it is warm outside, and it’s crawling with people. I see no one i know around exept a lady who looks kind of familiar. She stands by a coffe shop and she is holding a cup of coffe. The coffe shop is brown and has a open door, there is big windows to it and i can see that it’s kinda small on the inside. (feel free to use that one)

How to step 2 Now you should be lying in bed, thinking about that you are in your dream. While you are doing this you have to be kinda tired. Now you start moving your fingers in a piano motion( this method is called FILD) while your thinking of your dream do this for a while [ count to 100-200 ] then do a reality check. You should be dreaming. Open your eyes and you’ll be in your dream.
If this dosen’t work the first time, just try again and count to 200 or 100.

Good Luck! MrSantana22

How often does this works for you?
[/quote]

I have tried it many times and more than 3 times I have gotten a LD this way

Interesting… Is this VILD or do you call it a different name?
Also, when you say to think of the dream and count to 100-200, do you mean we should literally count to 100-200 or just estimate? To me it sounds a bit difficult to imagine the dream and count at the same time :confused:

Actually, the book “Creative Dreaming” by Patricia Garfield explains how to do dream design without even having to become lucid (although it helps a lot because, since you designed the dream world you will know that it is a dream, thus, you will realize that you are dreaming, thus you will be aware that you are dreaming. The level of awareness however is entirely up to the dreamer).

Almighty catfish: It is not really VILD cause in VILD you just create a dream scenario where you for sure gets lucid. Also you don’t have to really count cause it can be a little difficult, but if you don’t count the chance is that you fall asleep and starts dreaming. But you wont know it and you probably won’t do a rc cause you haven’t really decided a time to do it.

Cosmocrator: Yea it also came up in the movie “inception” so i can’t really say i made it up myself.

Well, it doesn’t matter if you didn’t come up with it yourself. But the fact that you could draw from that movie an idea like that is impressive enough.
Deep thinkers on this forum, I tell ya!

This is somewhat similar to MILD. Did u get lucid the first time u tried it?

More similar to VILD and FILD but i see what you mean, no i didin’t get lucid first time alltough i got into the dream i had built earlier just not aware it was a dream.

This sounds cool,
Defently going to try this tonight just two questions are we not meant to move when we try this? and can we try this straight when we go to sleep of course you have got to be tired but can you relax for about 30 minutes and then try it?
By the way amazing idea and I would really like to put this on my lucid dreaming YouTube channel of course it would have your name to it and all that stuff, I will try it first but if you don’t mind can I do it, I will send you a link to the video when it’s done.

Yes it will be much easier if you’re relaxed just don’t get so relaxed that your mind drifts of and starts thinking about other things. Also i would be nothing but happy if you talk about it on your YouTube channel :smile: and yea, it oesn’t matter if you move a little bit, it will still work. EDIT: i see you have had hundreds of Lucid dreams and I’m wondering if you could help me a bit with things while lucid?

How about creating the dreamscape while daydreaming through out the day, and when you actually become lucid you go to it using teleportation or otherwise.

i guess you could paint/think about a painting and enter it aswell, the thought is the same, right?

Sorry it did not work for me but that probably got something to do with the crazy wind last night. I will try again tonight but I did get a WILD right after your method so thanks if that had anything to do with it. Also I would like to help you out just tell me what to do ant I will do it, :smile:

Kache : yes that would probably work, its a good idea to think out the dream when you’re day dreaming. Just aslong as you think of it long enough it probably will work. Hedmalm: i am actually thinking that painting it would make it a lot easier to visualize the dream. Why not try it and let me know how it goes? Rustydreamer: to bad it didn’t work, but don’t stop trying after the first attempt. (I sent a pm about what I could need some help with)

How funny, I was just reading that passage while in the train to work! :smile: