had first lucid dream - Some questions

Hey…
So, I’m trying to learn LD, tried many methods, mostly WILD/WBTE, but unsuccesful. After 1-2 months of reading/trying to get into LD, I had a daytime nap. My friend called my while I was sleeping (after 5-6 hours of sleep), I picked up and talked to him for 1-2 minutes. However, then I went back to sleep. And then it started;

I was dreaming (non-lucid), I was in school, got really bored and started to sleep on table. Right after I started to sleep on table, I felt some really weird effects, could not move, heard my heart really loud and other stuff, tried to wake up, I breathe fast and so on, but unsuccesful… I were really stressed not because I can’t wake up, but because I’m in school and maybe I’m looking like a retard, who’s making dumb noises while sleeping in school. However, suddenly I opened eyes in my second home. Straight after that, I realized that it’s a dream. I were really scared, because I was not ready for LD (idk why), tried to wake up, really did, but unsuccesful. After 3 mins of trying to wake up, I started to walk around the house. First thing I noticed was - Lighting in house is same. Doesn’t matter if lights are on or off, everything was in same color/light. However, walked out of the house and saw my neighbour working. But, there were two neighbours, the twins. Two same neighbours working outside the house, altought he doesn’t have a neighbour. What happened next, I don’t remember - blackout. Next frame I remember - I’m in my first home, walking from my living room to Kitchen. Right in that moment, I remembered that I may meet a monster/ghost/devil in LD, so I told myself to be calm is something like that shows up and Right after that, a monster showed up in kitchen, in one of the corners which was really dark. Right after that, I really got scared and started to panic and Waked up in my real bed. Then I noticed many things.

First - The moment at School was a dream, but I did not realize that in LD.
Second - Both houses were in past, like 10 years ago. Old TV, old Furniture and other stuff, but I also Did not realize that in LD.

[b]so, the questions are.

1. Why did I not realize the unlogic things in dream (the dream was in past)
  2. Why did I have a blackout right after I went talk to neighbour?
  3. How to avoid a panic?
  4. How to stop LD/Wake up If I really want to?
  5. Right after I woke up in my bed, I was really cold, I was shaking and my mouth was also shaking (opening/closing), altought I had about 30c° in my room. Why’s that?
  6. Why did the LD happen when I did not expect it? Why doesn’t I get LD when I want to?[/b]

Hope for answers,
regards, Lauris.
ps. Sorry for grammar mistakes, I’m typing in hurry + I’m a foreigner.

Can you explain more? Because what you described sounds like a LD, but if you say that you didn’t realize it was a dream, you were probably not really lucid at that point.

This can happen. May be because you were not highly lucid, but more low lucid. But even if you have a high lucid dream it can happen that you notice some of the strange things only after waking up.

This has happened to me a lot in the past. How good is your DR in general? Maybe you need to work more on it, otherwise do lots of dream stabilization techniques, use all of your senses and do RCs while in the dream to make sure that you don’t loose lucidity and to achieve a higher level of lucidity. The more lucid you are the more likely you are to remember more of your LD.

Keep calm! Yes, this sounds stupid, but always remember that you are the dreamer, you are lucid and you are in control! So what is there that can harm you then? :content:

I’d refer to 3), why would you want to wake up? Why not enjoy your LD? However, to answer your question, there are lots of ways to wake yourself up, be creative. What I always did in my (lucid) nightmares as a child, I closed my eyes really tight and expected to wake up.

I don’t know for sure, my guess is that you were hallucinating (might happen immeidately after waking up), especially if all what you described disappeared after a few seconds.

Also something which happens quite often. Some people are trying to get a LD madly and don’t succeed. But when they take a break, then they suddenly have an unexpected LD. Most of the time it is because of the stress the person puts on himself, and as soon as there is no more stress and the dreamer relaxes, voilà, a LD! :smile: Keep on with what you did to get this LD, keep trying!

there is something called FLD - False Lucid Dream. bet it’s that.

Lauris I remember when I had my first LD It did not last very long. Dont be afraid of anything in the dream! And indeed it is your dream and you can do whatever you want. The only reason why you saw that monster is because you expected it to be there and also you was afraid and in fear. Trust me you will love LD’s and I started to get used to LD’s at my 3rd LD. You will get better dont get discouraged.

You propably misunderstood…

First, I went to sleep (daytime nap)
Second, dream started, I was in school… Simply a normal dream, non-lucid or anything.
Third - I felt into sleep in a dream, could not get up
Fourth - Woke up at my second house (right after felt into sleep) - At this point, I realized that i was in Lucid Dream, but I did not realize that the dream at School was a dream, I realized that only after wake up, when I woke up in my room, not on school table, so basically I believed in Lucid Dream that in Real-Life i’m in school, not at home.

About DR, I really haven’t trained it… But I do remember almost every day some dream (or part of it).