What Book Are You Reading? - Part IX

And Then There Were None by Agitha Christie. Not a big mystery fan but I like this one so far. I’m about halfway through the newly printed version.

dead witch walking by Kim Harrison

Agreed! I got the trilogy for my birthday (which was yesterday) from my boyfriend, and oh my. I read through 1½ of them in a day. :happy: I was just too enthusiastic to put them down!

Other than that, I have a summer studies school book to read and make a summary of, by the end of this month. It’s about media (since I study media, that makes sense) and I just got the book from the library yesterday. I guess I have to read through it tomorrow. sigh

I am reading the 7th Harry Potter for the third time. (Just finished the sixth one again). I am also reading Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming and A Game of Thrones.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams

The first one in the series was utter brilliance.
I actually have a lengthy reading list. Stopped a few months ago because my kindle broke. Now I finally got a new one.

25 books to read.

Then I’m going to, after this presumed two years of books, continue my Agatha Christie reading list.

Just finished reading The Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Castaneda. Interesting views on the nature of reality :razz:

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge. Of course! :happy:

Reading R.A. Salvatore’s The Legend of Drizzt: Homeland (book one)

I’ve been reading the Spa Girls. it’s a good book but I get a little lost. But if I keep reading it, I think I’ll be able to understand it.

After a long period in which I didnt read anything, I just laid my hands on “tommyknockers” by Stephen King. Afterwards I want to read “Emperor of the maladies”, last year’s pulitzer price winning book.
Does anyone around here know “The Towers of February” by Tonke Dragt? Awesome and inspring book, read it! Deals in a certain way with LDs, too.

The Snowball

I’m reading The Trial by Kafka right now. It’s so fascinating. I feel it can be interpreted 100s of ways. But I’m certainly convinced that either the story is inspired by dream events or is a dreamworld. I know Kafka has been analyzed a ton. I haven’t read any scholarly analysis on The Trial, but plan to once I complete it.

You seem to experience the same as I did…that many books and whatsoever can be interpreted as a dream or something similar. I dont mean something like “Lord of the rings is just a dream of a 10-year-old boy”; but some texts have contents quite similar to the experience of lucid dreaming.

Well, clearly people aren’t fans of reading during the summer months.

Anyways, I have finally finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Overall, it was fantastic, but it feels a little bit more… everywhere than the first. Plus, it may just have one of the most abrupt endings ever.

So, now I’m reading Life, the Universe, and Everything. Hurray!

(more urgent) to-read list:
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
Mostly Harmless
Catcher in the Rye
Perks of Being a Wallflower (not for the movie… It’s always been here on my list)
The Great Gatsby
Nineteen Eighty-Four
Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Rebecca
Murder on the Links

Good point, wanted to read that at some point too. Nice reminder.

Actually read that one. You seem to have a good taste for what is “important” to read, as a lot of people would agree on it I think.

Also read and totally enjoyed the Hitchhiker’s Guide.

Download. Are those the books on which “the hitchhickers guide to the galaxy” movie is based. I think it’s quite awesome that one of the books is actually named “So long and thanks for all the fish”. Although I do feel I slight resentment towards it now since The song keeps playing in my head all the time. You might have just showed me new books to read :happy:

Currently: Legend of a Suicide (David Vann)
Somehow quite a depressing book… :cry:

And before I go to sleep: couple of pages of Lucid Dreaming by Robert Waggoner

The First 3 books were awesome :smile:, but the last two I didn’t enjoyed that much, well maybe you will :content:

Kinda sorta not really. The movie is based on Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy a little, but it’s a very loose adaptation. A lot of the story and humour has been adjusted for a more American audience in the movie. Read the books, though! They’re a fairly light read and rather short, so they aren’t massive commitments. The humour may go over your head a little, depending on what your sense of humour is. It’s very (VERY) British at times. Also, keep in mind the age of these books. They’ve aged very well, but the first was written in 1979.

Yeah, I’m under the impression that the last two are a bit darker than the first three. Even if I dislike them, which I probably won’t :tongue: , I’ll still read them.

Oh, I’m also going to be adding Dark Omens to my reading list. Just sayin’.

I am reading Slob,mInforggot the authors first name, but the last name is Potter.

Carlos Castaneda : The Power of Silence
:smile: