quick question! (WILD .. twitching)

added to topic title :moogle:
so i just started LDing again after stopping for a few months (schoolwork, etc.) and when i tried to WILD during my nap, it started working but my arm and leg started jerking randomly throughout the entire thing. i ended up stopping because i wasnt sure if it was effecting my attempt. so my question is, does this affect my WILD and why does this happen?

I believe this is quite common. It would happen to me all the time too. The twitching is just your muscles reflexing as you were on the verge of sleep. You must’ve been pretty close to being asleep. I don’t do WILD much anymore, but what i would suggest is if you do encounter it again don’t try to fight it, just acknowledge it and know that you are just about to be dreaming.

Maybe it’s something similar to a hypnic jerk? They happen when you’re too stressed. As you self said, you have just had school and homework etc., so it is probable that you need to give yourself some time to relax.

I’ve never completely WILD’d before but most times when I get pretty close I twitch a lot too. You can try and persist through it, but if it distracts you too much and you can’t take your mind off it the only advice I have is to move a little/change positions.