Light Issues and an odd way of becoming Lucid

I keep having an issue with not being able to see well in my LD’s. The whole dream is dark and I can barely see. It’s like if it’s dark out and you suddenly turn off all of the lights. I can see some outlines and if I squint enough I can actually see the whole object. I keep trying to bring light into the dream. I’ve tried flipping a light switch, but it hasn’t been working lately. Somehow my eyes always end up closing and I either wake up or have a FA. Anyone have a tip on how to remove the darkness from my dreams? :help:

Also, I’m curious, has anyone become lucid in the following way? You feel yourself lying in bed, you don’t feel SP, but you also don’t move. You think you are awake, but you can feel that if you try hard enough you can jump right out of your body into your dream. Then you begin to feel a second body come out of your body, but it keeps getting pulled back into your body. The second body is like that of Obi-wan kenobi or Yoda after they have died, but is fully colored like your own body. Eventually you realize that physical strength won’t do, so you think of your second body moving instead of actually moving it yourself, and you come right out of your body into your bedroom in a LD. I ask because I have had this happen a couple times to me, and I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this. :uh:

The light issue will go away with practice, mine were the same when i started. they where dark and pale.

now they are bright and colorful.

Try raising your lucidity/focusing on your surroundings a bit more :smile:

As Hedmalm said, you need more dream control. That comes with experience, or just good focus and concentration. Don’t doubt your abilities in a dream, or it will not work.

The LD induction technique you mention is also possible. It happens because of SP, and you can “roll your dream body” out of bed into a dream.

That technique sounded awesome! About the light issue, try to use a shortcut like making it day and being outside. Have a nightlight it could actually help to have some external light.

Some time when I have low lucidity my dreams are transparent or dark as you put it. Try more fully engaging your sense or even try prying your eyes open with your dream hands.

And as for yur other question it sounds like sleep paralysis. When your in sleep paralysis you are dreaming. Kinda like being in a blank dream. You can use your mind to form a dream body and enter into dream scene :smile:

Thanks for the advice.

I had a dream last night where once I realized I was dreaming, my eyes closed shut on me and would not open. I tried prying them open with my hands, but it was like they were glued closed. I rubbed my eyes instead, and my eyes opened. I think it also helped that I stayed calm and didn’t freak out that the dream might end. Rubbing my eyes has worked before to increase my vision, but one time it caused me to have a FA where I became non-lucid. Incidentally, the LD I had last night lasted for about 10 -15 min. I have a feeling it was more like 5-10 min, but it felt like 10-15 minutes. I think it may have been the longest LD I have ever had. :colgate:

Yeah, I actually read about the technique in Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming the day after I asked about it. It is a really funky way of becoming lucid, but definitely is a fun, awesome way to become lucid.