EASIEST way to Lucid Dream?

Hey everyone I’m Amanda and I’m new here. When I was younger I had one of my first Lucid Dreams but I didn’t understand what it was. But I realized I was dreaming and I decided to grow a flower but that’s all I remember -__- Now that I know more about it I really want to get back to having these dreams and do different things. I really just want to know what is the easiest way to have a Lucid Dream? How can I avoid sleep paralysis? And is there anything dangerous about going into a Lucid Dream or is there anything I should be cautious of when doing this?

No offense, since you’re new, but… you could use the ‘search’ button before starting a topic with pretty much the most asked questions on the forum :meh:

I did use it but it wasnt going through i was doing something wrong. My bad :blush:

Hello, and welcome. Hope you get lots of LD’s :happy:.

Regarding your question: No, there is nothing dangerous when talking about Lucid dreams. Neither is SP dangerous. In fact, you shouldn’t be afraid of it, since it can help you to easily enter a dream (hopefully lucid) and increase your LD count. I was afraid of it as well (fear of the unknown), but after some experience, you should start to like it, just like me :wink:. It’s a natural function of our body and it happens everytime we dream.

Thank you :slight_smile: I was asking about SP because I’ve read in many articles that people see dark shadows etc…

I was once very afraid of SP. But when i say afraid i mean terrified !!
But one day i tried, just to see, telling myself it isn’t real. I didn’t even have HH… Maybe noise, but if you don’t pay attention and don’t care like me they fade.

Sp, for me, was actually… AWESOME ! That feeling of levitation and pressure, vibrations and so on… It’s absolutely nothing like described ! Trust me ^^

If you try, once your in it, imagine what you see through your eyes. The dream built’s itself around you :woo:
It isn’t really recommended for beginners but i started with it, so you do whatever you want.
If i have to recommend something, i’ll say CAN-WILD (DEILD with alarm,)
It happens in matter of seconds !

Good luck on your journey :wink:

Here’s the easiest way, when you lie down in any comfortable position you want, start to feel yourself aware of drifting off. Let all the thoughts pass away and focus on your senses. What do you hear? What do you feel? Make sure that you’re at your most comfortable temperature too. Now since you’re drifting off, make sure you feel yourself becoming into the dream. Imagination will help at this point now as anything you think here will influence a picture for you. Take it all in, and notice your surroundings with your senses. Here is where lies the tricky part, you may slip out of consciousness during this time. So You need to focus and put your heart into your mind by grabbing hold of what you can so you don’t fall out! Be aware, be as aware as possible! Do a REality Check! Pinch your nose and see if you can breathe, put your finger through your hand, either way, they will help. Once past this slight turbulence, you should be lucid dreaming!

SPOLERS

Don’t read this till after you try it.
I’m serious.
Don’t even skim!

Okay, I was testing to see if
believing that process was the easiest,
it would hopefully be easier to LD.
Could work, if so, then great! I haven’t had an ld in awhile!
I JUST made this all up when I saw the word EASIEST.

If you have a good prospective memory, use MILD. :smile:

[spoiler]

You really make this sound so very easy - too easy in fact. Actually, what you mentioned is contradictory to the given situation: if you try to be aware of your senses and your surroundings while you try to attempt WILD (which is what I think it is that you’re describing) you’ll end up feeling pain and losing comfort due to excessive concentration on your state of being. This will lead to losing focus on your attempt and concentrating only on your discomfort trying to make it go away.

Of course, this could work and is a very good technique if you are very tired when going to sleep or if you’re sleep deprived. [/spoiler]

There is no default trick which will work for everyone. Please don’t throw all this information at a beginner. They will get there by themselves, don’t worry.

What I recommend to start with, Amanda, is a simple beginner guide which will put you on the right track (I started with this one myself): Tutorial: Beginners Guide to Lucid Dreaming (by Rathez)

Please, don’t start off trying WILD or any techniques which require a little knowledge and understand of what a LD actually is. Start by taking small steps, Amanda, you’ll see that if you don’t haste things it will be much, much easier for you. Don’t try to find any shortcuts, as there aren’t any: the only way of making it as easy as possible is getting there slowly but firmly. Adapt and customize all these techniques to yourself and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Don :smile: