Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

It will make 1 year and I think I am able to do a WILD

Author  Message 
dagto
Somniologist
LD count: NO AVATAR

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

WOW it's amazing ! I didn't know it was like that !
Thank you dB_FTS, you are right about the SP, I feel my limbs being like cold and having a strange sensation but actually you are right, I can move them but I thought that was SP so sorry for the mistake.
Ok I will try what you are saying and even if nothing happened I will stay focus and decide to sleep. thank you.

Current LD goal(s): HAVE AN AVATAR ! HAVE A PICTURE !
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

dagto wrote:
WOW it's amazing ! I didn't know it was like that !
Thank you dB_FTS, you are right about the SP, I feel my limbs being like cold and having a strange sensation but actually you are right, I can move them but I thought that was SP so sorry for the mistake.
Ok I will try what you are saying and even if nothing happened I will stay focus and decide to sleep. thank you.

But don't keep your awareness to high because then you won't be able to fall asleep. As you are approaching to body sensations or to the point where you feel like you need to fall asleep consciously you need to lose awareness linearly.

I may sound heavy but it takes a little patience and practice and it's not hard at all...

Paulius wrote:
I somewhat agree with dB_FTS about the 1-second-unconsciousness.
I don't think I have ever succeeded a WILD where I was conscious 100% of the time. You kind of drift between being lucid and being non-lucid. That is what causes you to relax your mind and actually fall asleep effecticely. I wouldn't call it losing conscious completely, but rather, putting your conscious in some kind of "hibernating" mode, to reveal itself when the dream starts. It's a delicate method, and it's hard to explain. You just kind of need to feel it yourself. Though, I don't know if anyone else experienced that.

Yeah, that's the thing, it hard to explain the experience and therefore say what actually happens, but at the end it doesn't matter...

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
lauris3722
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 7

For me, falling in LD is quite calm.. I don't really experience any HH, HI, HS and so on.. Maximum effect I feel - sometimes losing connection to body (cant feel it anymore).

However, it asked me 5 months to get first LD dream using WILD.. And it's because i mostly did it wrong. Yesterday I found a new tutorial which stated things differently from tutorials found here. I tried WILD according to that new tutorial and suceeded WILD in first attempt, but lost connection when did a RC.

Things I did otherwise;
1) When you have a scratch, scratch it and forget it. If you ignore it, it ruins your concentration. Scratches are not made by your mind.
2) Almost every tutorial says that you have to sleep on back, with hands at sides. But, that tutorial said that you have to use that pose only for relaxation. Sleep in that pose for 20-30 minutes. When you don't feel your body anymore, move in your regural sleep (mostly: www.articlia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/NF34 _sleeping-woman-070724.jpg ) position and start imagining the dream. Soon (happened for me after 5 mins) it will become real.
3) Count your breath, not "1.. im dreaming, 2.. im dreaming".
4) it's good if you have an noise (for example - computer fans) in your room, it may sound weird, but it strengthens the concentration, because you don't hear a small distractions which makes you lose the concentration.
5) Don't drink coffe or alcohol, it will remove REM from your sleep

Current LD goal(s): Do a LD using WILD method without failing anything
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

lauris3722 wrote:
For me, falling in LD is quite calm.. I don't really experience any HH, HI, HS and so on.. Maximum effect I feel - sometimes losing connection to body (cant feel it anymore).

However, it asked me 5 months to get first LD dream using WILD.. And it's because i mostly did it wrong. Yesterday I found a new tutorial which stated things differently from tutorials found here. I tried WILD according to that new tutorial and suceeded WILD in first attempt, but lost connection when did a RC.

Things I did otherwise;
1) When you have a scratch, scratch it and forget it. If you ignore it, it ruins your concentration. Scratches are not made by your mind.
2) Almost every tutorial says that you have to sleep on back, with hands at sides. But, that tutorial said that you have to use that pose only for relaxation. Sleep in that pose for 20-30 minutes. When you don't feel your body anymore, move in your regural sleep (mostly: www.articlia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/NF34 _sleeping-woman-070724.jpg ) position and start imagining the dream. Soon (happened for me after 5 mins) it will become real.
3) Count your breath, not "1.. im dreaming, 2.. im dreaming".
4) it's good if you have an noise (for example - computer fans) in your room, it may sound weird, but it strengthens the concentration, because you don't hear a small distractions which makes you lose the concentration.
5) Don't drink coffe or alcohol, it will remove REM from your sleep

Agree with everything. That's what I'm telling for some time, tutorials are to strict and to personal. You have to adjust one to your needs. Also sleeping position, what use of one in which you can't fall asleep? Right? So try falling asleep in position you like because that's the only way to achieve sleep. Saliva, scratches and other distractions you can neutralize and then continue with process because your body is so relaxed that you will continue where you stop before distraction in a matter of seconds or minutes...

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
dagto
Somniologist
LD count: NO AVATAR

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

lauris3722 gave me an article about WILD and how to succeed it, I didn't read it all, I will tonight: http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/WILD-Tutorial
For the others who is interested in WILD.

Current LD goal(s): HAVE AN AVATAR ! HAVE A PICTURE !
lauris3722
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 7

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

If you don't suceed ar clean wild, try C-WILD (topic below)

Current LD goal(s): Do a LD using WILD method without failing anything

print