Does being tired help with lucid dreaming?

Never tried it but in theory i think that it’s true, that being tired will benefit your lucid dreaming. One thing is that, when you’re tired you will probably not wake up as easy as when you have slept much. Another thing would be that you will probably not have any trouble falling asleep after waking up and writing in a dj.

…Discuss!

I don’t know really. REM sleep is a pretty light type of sleep. I don’t think that being tired makes you a heavier sleeper. Your sleep might be prolonged by another sleep cycle or two if you are tired, but I don’t see why you should be sleeping more heavily.

I believe that it does.

Being tired means you won’t wake up as easily, so in an intense moment of your lucid dream there is less of a chance to wake up.

I also have way more recall when I’m tired. But sometimes when I go to sleep tired, I simply remember nothing. It’s either 4-5 dreams or 0

Are you sure about that? Maybe you just simply have more NREM-3 type sleep phases, which creates the illusion that your sleep is heavier. However, I couldn’t say that being tired results in a heavier REM sleep phase.

I seem to wake up less nights that I fall asleep very tired. Maybe it could help. Then again like paulius said it could just seem that way and I’m really just getting some extra rem cycles or something

Every time i wake up during the night, if i am tired. I will always fall asleep instantly. So if you try to chain dreams it would also be a upside to be tired.

I also sleep more when I generally feel tired. And getting more rest when tired can be beneficial to the quality of lucid dreams.

The more tired you get, the more the brain seems to realize that for some reason sleep is becoming a luxury, so it goes straight to REM to get whatever it needs to get done done fast before something else happens and you can’t sleep anymore.

At least that’s how I think I read it works. I think it can help but don’t quote me on that.

I am gonna do some testing on this subject, ill let you know how it goes…

On the other hand, deeper sleep can mean that it’s harder to raise your awareness and get lucid in the first place… And you probably still wake up as usual, but you just aren’t aware of it.

Ah yes this could be the case. How would one know If he has woken up if he slept to hard to remember anything. So deep sleep effects your awareness?