New to Lucidity needing questions awnsered

Beginner needing help

Hi everyone I recently got very interested in lucid dreaming yesterday. I did a lot of research last night and starting the dream journal thing which I did record somewhat of what I remembered from a dream. I had many questions I would like to see answered if possible by the gracious community I see before me

1. Is it “good” or beneficial to listen to lucid dream Isochronic to fall asleep too? I used this youtube video: www.video2mp3.net

2. Is there any way to “train” my sleep habits to sleep on my back? I have stereo headphones and I have to sleep on my back to use them. I was listening to the track last night and I couldn’t fall asleep I started at 10:58 and ended up walking to the bathroom for water, I tried reading for a bit and went back to bed. I took the headphones off and slept on my side like I usually do and I was asleep.

3. Why when I listened to the track my body felt numb? My body felt floaty and I didn’t want to move. But still no sleep. Is there a way to train your mind to stop racing while listening? All I remember doing is having really good visions but no dreams. :sad:

Thank you if you can answer these it’ll be greatly appreciated :happy:

For me listening to something while trying to fall asleep is impossible. If I want to go to sleep, I must make sure that I am in total silence, especially when doing WILD. It’s different for everyone. If that track worked for someone, it won’t necessarily work for you. We are different. One of the lessons you need to learn while on this forum, is that you have to adapt everything to yourself.

Regarding the numbness and floaty sensation - it is simply what you should expect to feel in a relaxed body position. Your body is totally relaxed and ready for sleep, therefore you feel numb - all the muscle tension has beed cut. If you don’t fall asleep, it means that something is preventing you from doing it - either the track, or you concentration.

It’s probably a mixture of both the track and the concentration. What I am doing is WILD I get so far then my breathing cuts off. I start to hold my breath its weird it feels like my body is off the bed then I get excited that I’m doing that and I break the concentration.

Binural beats etc. is BS imo. Thats the answer to all your questions.

It may help, but it really depends on the person. For some it helps, others not at all. For you it sounds like it might work.

You know what they say: If there’s a will, there’s a way. I trained myself to sleep on my back by just lying there until I fell asleep. On the other hand, you could use earphones instead so that you can lie on your side. But unless they fit properly they’ll probably fall out.

As Paulius said, the numbness is just part of falling asleep, along with the floating feeling. This could be attributed to SP which is a good sign you’re starting to WILD. The tricky part is not falling asleep but also not being too awake. Try not to focus too much on your thoughts as this will prolong your being awake. It’s usually advised to just flow with the thoughts while trying not to lose consciousness, however people eventually figure out on their own a way that helps them through WILD.

I’m not sure I’d call it BS entirely. I’ve noticed some results with them myself and I’m generally skeptical of such things. I also know quite a few people who would say they’ve made a major difference. Now, it may not have worked for you, but like I always say, not everything will work for everybody.

Certain audio tracks help certain people. Others, such as myself, like complete silence and darkness. I had to learn to sleep on my back because I had no choice. I have bad arthritis in my knees and if my knees are bent at all for more than 5 minutes the pain is almost unbearable. If I sleep on my side my knees curl up unpreventably and the discomfort always wakes me up.

The numbness/floaty feeling is the natural feeling that you get while entering sleep. You just don’t usually remember it or are not conscious during this period. It’s just your body relaxing and getting ready to “shut down”.

Oh yeah rhewin, i’ve tried it to(i wouldnt have said something if i hadnt). I had an LD the first time i tried it.

But i believe it’s more the placeboeffect that makes it successful.

It might be a good start-up, but no good in the long run.

I’ve tried Binaural Beats before, but they’re not for me. Sure I got some good relaxation out of them, but never a LD.

I have, however, had two AILDs (Audio Induced Lucid Dream). One was on accident. I woke up on the bus to school listening to music, changed buses, and suddenly fell to sleep. I had a dream in which I heard music playing and I realized it was my MP3 player still on and presto, LD.

The other was intentional. I had just read up (on this forum somewhere) on AILDs (where I got the acronym) and I wanted to try it out. That night I went to sleep with stereo headphones on with Silent Lucidity by Queensryche set to loop and I had an LD thanks to the tune. Of course it may have just been placebo effect like Hedmalm says, but, hey, it was an LD.

As to your laying on back question, I used to not be able to sleep at all unless I laid on my stomach or side-ish. Now I can lay down, still myself, and fall asleep on my back. I generally wake up on my stomach though.

Another thought on music and sleep: I can fall asleep listening to music, but it generally takes me longer to do so than with stark silence.

That numbness you were feeling was probably the feeling of falling asleep/relaxing, but on another note, probably also since you said you are used to sleeping on your side that sleeping on your back is something you’re not used to. I’ve learned from my own experience and a good portion of people I’ve asked that sleeping flat on your back will yield more dream experiences, but also more sleep paralysis experiences. Not saying they will happen, but generally I think flat on the back makes one of the two happen more than less.