LDing buddy

Author  Message 
Okapis Rule
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: ~12

LDing buddy
PostPosted: Sat 21 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

I have found that the hardest part of lucid dreaming for me is staying committed to it for a long enough period of time to see good results. I've always tried to get friends of mine to try LDing at the same time as me, but they were never into it much either. So I'd like to find someone on here who can be my "LDing buddy", who can encourage me to keep up with LDing and who I can do the same with in return. This would greatly help me get into it, and I'd appreciate anyone who's willing to try it.

Current LD goal(s): To improve dream recall and improve awareness to help with WILD.
almighty catfish
Best. Title. Ever
Somniologist

I'd be happy to help. I need the motivation too lol
Or it might be even more motivating to make a group of LD buddies to converse with. An LD buddy ARMY! .. too far out of context? ok...
But hey, everyone on here is your LD buddy siiw

Okapis Rule
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

No, it isn't really out of context. The more people the better. I'm just not sure how to make the group. Maybe we could just post updates in this thread.

Current LD goal(s): To improve dream recall and improve awareness to help with WILD.
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 377—19/10/07
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

SIMPLE ANSWER: We're all your buddy, man! Everyone on LD4All. Ask us anything you want! Tell us anything you want! We're here for you, buddy!

In other news, I'd love to help. You could start a thread for putting up posts about your adventures (or links to DJs would be better) and it would last. We could also use the IRC client built into the site (take a peak in the upper left!) or you could use your own and you can chat with the LDers currently in the channel. (OMG! A real person! woo ) You can ask questions about your dreams, about dreams in general, about how to have lucid dreams, about what you did today, about what you did yesterday, about what you did three years ago, about what you'll do tomorrow, about what you'll do next in your dreams, about what you wish would happen, about what's going to happen, about your goals as a lucid dreamer, about tomorrow's goals...

You get the picture. wink Whatever you decide, let us know, alright?

Current LD goal(s): Summon Lynn for a Tea Party.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Okapis Rule
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Right now I'm just trying to stay committed to writing in a dream journal every night. I already know a lot of stuff about LDing; I just need to stay committed enough to writing in my dream journal to start to really develop my skills. I've only ever really written in my dream journal about four consecutive days; I usually just stop trying after that.
I just wrote in my DJ this morning, and I hope to continue that. I think in here I'll just post about my progress with LDing and my commitment to it. I have a nice organized DJ on my computer, and I don't really care to put it on LD4all, but I'll definitely talk about my progress here.
So, my progress: I had a 260 word dream journal entry today, which ended up being two paragraphs. I felt, though, that there was a lot more to my dream than what I remembered, and I hope to improve my recall soon.

EmceeLew
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

I'd love to be your LD buddy! biggrin

Current LD goal(s): To have frequent Lucid Dreams
almighty catfish
Best. Title. Ever
Somniologist

Yay another LD buddy! Welcome to the club EmceeLew
Okapis Rule, I have the same problem. It's hard to get motivated to write in the DJ if I have to get up and go somewhere. I do remember my dreams but I usually don't bother to write them unless it was a particularly interesting dream, or a LD. For the past 2 weeks I'd say i've only written about 6 entries.
In other news, RCing is starting to become a habit now.

Sliph
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 5

I think I'm in the same boat as you and maybe some others here, I know a decent amount about dreaming and lucidity and I've been on this site on and off for years, but keep finding it hard to stay real comitted to my dream journal and the entries, I always tend to trail off and forget about it. Dreaming groups that people form here could be helpful to members, especially for newcomers to help ease them in, and I'm in favor.

Current LD goal(s): Lucid Music Composing
jaggs
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

i'd like to join my ld rate is really low (around 3/month) right now im working on my own techniques and i'd like to keep the updates somewhere :D bounce bounce bounce bounce

Threlm
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 1

I just regained my motivation for LD like between 1-2 weeks ago. Working on my Dream Recall, which is pretty decent. For a week now I've got 1 dream per night with good details, except one where I couldn't sleep at all.
This night I remembered a short dream where I only remembered two details and then I took some Choline Bitartrate and went to sleep again and when I woke up I could remember lots of detail from a long sweet dream where I was in L.A (Don't even know what L.A looks like, but I told myself in the dream I was in L.A, so yeah lol).

When I write in my DJ I mostly use keywords, it's easy for me to remember a lot of details when I look at just one sentence of a dream, I just need that little reminder. Keywords also makes it a lot easier to write down a dream when I wake up in the middle of the night and I really just want to sleep.

Current LD goal(s): To be calm when I realize I'm dreaming

Last edited by Threlm on Sun 22 Jul, 2012; edited 1 time in total
Don Anonymus
Novice dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: Not specified

Clickie -> Lucid Buddy

<mod>That was a pairing up topic where one buddy could let the other down. A small group is a much better and practical option thumbs </mod>

Okapis Rule
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

The last post there is March of 2011; I'm not going to be a necromancer.
Anyway, last night I remembered some tidbits from three different dreams, but I didn't remember enough of any of them to be able to record them. It's probably because I went to sleep too late last night; I'll try to go to sleep at more decent times in the future.
How did you guys do last night?

SomeDude250
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 5

Sounds really great, i could be a LD buddy, since all my friends are like that too and also claim that they don't dream. shy2

Current LD goal(s): Have a long one.
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Okapis Rule wrote:
The last post there is March of 2011; I'm not going to be a necromancer.

XD

On dream recall, I do strongly recommend working on it! One thing that you can try (and for me it was a lot more fun and motivating than it sounds) is challenging yourself to write more and more. Try to beat your own record! I got up to 6 or 7 pages in my DJ once (typing, writing on paper bores me too quickly ). It's important to write every tiny little thing down. You saw a house in your dream? Don't just write "I see a house", instead try "I see a big white house with a weird looking roof. There are 4 windows, one is broken. There's orange smoke coming out of the chimney and I hear people laughing inside". Try to write as much as possible without lying. I used to write many "I think" or "I'm not sure", nothing wrong with that. Just writing down vague impressions of memories help too. I got to a point that I would get bored in the afternoon and look through the DJ post I'd made in the morning, adding new things I'd remember (or sometimes just more detailed descriptions). If anyone is interested, take a look at the few pages of my last DJ and you'll see. I swear I never had so much fun with my DJ as in those pages!

As for LD buddy, I think it's a great idea. I wish I had friends interested too!

jaggs
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

WILD thing?
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

bye can anyone try this?

after WBTB try laying down and try to sleep, just sleep as you normally do, keep yourself a bit awake counting silently in your mind, then at somepoint your mind will drift away into a daydream, when you realize you are daydreaming without control, pretend that is a real dream and act and try to feel it as if it was lucid, its important to let your mind do the work and build the dream and objects, if you pop out of the daydream once you realize you are day dreaming, just relax your mind, and let the picture of your daydream come alone, do reality checks and try to explore that tough in 3 dimentions, interact with the scene, touch things etc, try to not wake up your mind while doing it, it's normal to lose consciousness just try to get back on what you were doing, and keep doing it as you fall asleep, the day dreams will get everytime more vivid, it's easy fall asleep without consciousness at this point.
i have had a lot of vivid dreams doing it, and 3 lucid dreams, i just really don't know if it really works for everyone, can anyone try it? i might write a tutorial later writing , meanwhile i really need to know if it works for anyone else, im still working and improving the technique.

the idea of this is making a faster way to wild, based on a normal dream process via daydreaming, putting sleep paralysis away, hope it works for somebody grin

print