Do you talk with people about LD-ing?

Hey fellow dreamers,
I wonder, Do you tell your friends/family about lucid dreaming?

I tried to explain it to some friends once, but I got the feeling they thought I was just being strange and that it isn’t real or anything…

Yeah, one of my friends is a Lucid dreamer and i have tried to get other friends in the world of lucid dreaming but they aren’t interested/don’t believe it’s true.

Nah… :no:

I told only one friend, of whom I was sure he would believe and be interested in the topic. Apart from that, I dont like to talk about it with others, because its very easy to be called crazy and create misunderstandings…

No. I don’t talk to people about anything out of the ordinary.

I tell my close friends about my good dreams and I just got my girlfriend to start tryin to induce :smile:

I don’t know whether I’m just lucky but actually a lot of my friends (and friends of friends) know quite a lot about it. Just seems like I’m the only one actively trying, most of them fear that they’re getting addicted to LDing. Well from my experiences on this forum and from what I know out of several books this is not very likely to happen, but they still don’t seem to care.

I’ve told a few people about it, but I always get some “Is he high…? :eh:” reaction back.

Yes, I talk about lucid dreaming with my friends and family all the time. :smile: I almost always get a positive reaction when I tell someone about lucid dreaming, and no one has ever looked at me like I’m crazy. It’s surprising that so many people get such negative reactions to it… The worst responses I’ve had is that the other person just changes the subject and doesn’t seem interested. I then just drop it.

I’ve mentioned it in passing to my mother, but there are very few interests we have in common so the subject was quickly dropped (and I avoid bringing up subjects again when that happens). I’ve talked about it with a friend as well and he was pretty amazed by it but didn’t really want to follow it up himself.

In general I wouldn’t talk about it unless I was already discussing dreaming with someone (or there was some other good reason) and if I did I wouldn’t call it “lucid dreaming”; I’d say something like “have you ever realized you were dreaming?”.

I’ve discussed LD with several RL friends. Surprised about how many of them had heard about LD before, but none of them have had a LD. One of them had learned a bit about it in class and one that I introduced LD to has started a DJ.

Never had any negative reactions to it, they all seemed interested in the subject. Though, I only mention it to people that I think will understand what I’m talking about.
I’m not going to bother mention it to my parents, I know they will just think I’ve read some bullshit on the interwebz.

Haha well, its tough. I have one friend who knows about lucid dreaming and he’s the one who got introduced me to the topic. Other than that, I try to keep to myself about it because people normally joke about it. But then again, we do have this site :content:

I’ll speak to anyone on the subject if I see a reason to. I have, however, had quite amazing conversations with other people on the subject of LDs.

When I first started LDing (or trying to anyway :tongue:) I immediately tried roping my brothers into it. One just didn’t care so I stopped pestering him with it. The other at first started a DJ, but has since let it drop. We still speak about our dreams every so often and he sometimes comes up to me telling me about an awesome LD he just had.

ALSO I was in this class called Theory of Knowledge in my 11th year in high school. Our book talked about perception as a way of knowing and even MENTIONED LDing in it. It included as well a small like 8 step process to try it out. (Relax, go to sleep, mantra, MILD method.) That in turn, I believe is what led me to near daily conversations with the teacher of that class about dreams and LDs.

At first, while we were on the topic in class, the entire class participated in discussion about LDs. Then, only occasionally, a friend of mine would bring it back up and talk to me about it. I even got one of them to actually have an LD (due to daytime residue)!

But back to my teach. He used to keep a dream journal and he’s had his share of LDs and even an SD. This is just another of the things I’m going to miss about HIgh School. I’ll probably bring it up again in college to who knows who, but I can’t be sure I’ll find someone who I can easily talk about dreams with without annoying someone.

Still, you never know how many LDers there are out there!

Very true. In fact, we might be sitting around the corner of each other and would probably never even know :tongue:

I want to be really able to talk with friends about it. And since there are also a fair amount of positive reactions out there. I’m quite sure i’ll try it again, but I’ll wait until I’ve have regular LD and am actually able to WILD.

Many in people in my school know that I am a lucid dreamer. Last year I participated in a TEDx event and held a speech regarding lucid dreams. Might do one this year as well. I guess some people got interested. Also I have a friend that has some interest and experience regarding LD’s, and, of course, my family knows about it, but isn’t really interested.

Occasionally. Some people don’t see the point of it, others don’t really believe me. Only certain friends that are natural lucid dreamers understand why I do it.

I only talk to people who I know are open to LD’s and the unusual…

I don’t talk to anyone. I’m antisocial.
lol I do talk to people but not about LDs. Noone I know is into that sorta thing.
The only people I openly talk about it to are my dad and my partner. Then again, I’m a little weird due to my interests in the paranormal anyway, and that’s a topic not many people want to discuss either. Can’t win >.>

I told my parents a few weeks ago at dinner and they gave me this stern look… Said: “Son… are you taking the LSD?” Fortunately I got that cleared up though, they aren’t convinced that it’s a real thing. Probably think I’m crazy. :happy:

Until recently I would have never talked to anyone bout this sort of topic. After all this time, it turns out one of my closest friends actually participate in Lucid dreaming and not only that, he also has the same ‘gift’ as me.
Ever since I was young, I’ve always been able to read and actually ‘feel’ people’s emotions and thoughts.

I don’t know about you, but it feels so amazing to actually know someone who is similarly interested in the metaphysical :slight_smile: