Absorbing Other Dream Characters

I had a lucid dream this morning where unconscious, but lucid-like control of a situation led to me becoming lucid. A group of men had been attacking me, but I stopped them. In the aftermath, I realized that one of the men looked exactly like me, but with bigger, blond hair.

It was disturbing to encounter a copy of myself that wasn’t in a mirror. I considered fighting him, but spontaneously decided to absorb him instead. I walked into his body from behind and absorbed him so that he longer existed in the dream scene.

It felt great!

After I absorbed this copy of myself I felt a rush of energy and leapt up on a table and did a little dance. I was reminded of a younger me, a less jaded, less worn-down me. I even became more lucid than before.

I went on to absorb other DCs, but the other absorptions didn’t give me any rush. Toward the end of the dream, a mob of DCs were following me. (I was reminded of INCEPTION.) In an effort to get them to leave me alone, I absorbed a few of them. I even jumped into the body of a DC that seemed to be a leader among the others. Instead of absorbing her, I simply “possessed” her, I guess, borrowing her appearance as a different avatar in my skin. Wearing her skin, I ordered the DCs to stop following me. They listened! They went away…but eventually came back.

Tired of this mob, I finally faced them and asked, “What do you want?” A young woman near the front said, “We want to hear the story.” I was about to ask her, “What story?” as I woke up. However, I got a strong sense of knowing that she meant they wanted to hear the story of how I became lucid in that particular dream.

Did you ever take on their thoughts and feelings? I think that’s part of absorbing people, but it doesn’t have to be…

Now what if a DC possessed you? :tongue: Then you get into tricky stuff, I think. I dunno what would happen, but it might be a new thing to try.

I had thought of trying that experiment–letting a DC take me over. I didn’t take on thoughts and feelings of my copy per se, but I did feel emotionally great. I felt much happier after absorbing him.

wow, awesome LD! :eek:

I love the things DC’s say… “We want to hear the story.” Always so mysterious and you feel there’s something to it, not just random talking, like something deep and symbolic.

That happened to me the other night in a non-lucid dream. I ran and jumped into the air and then I was sucked into the DC. I guess I was physically a clone of her. As she absorbed me, we both looked like flickering holograms. As she became solid, the dream ended. It felt good though. Like I was returning to where I belonged. I think it would be a lot more interesting if I were Lucid. :cool:

I’ve found when I encounter dream characters that aske me to interact with them, I have the sense that my Dream Guide has sent me to that point or them to my point. Revisit the DG area in the forums. Some of these encounters (or you) may have been sent there.

One of the most awesome and eery posts I have read on this forum. :eek: The part with the mob following you seemed so… eery!

Haha the story!!

But it sounds like so much fun to just absorb people or enter their body

Yeah, I know the feeling (I guess we all do). I might as well try the absorbing/possessing thing.

Awesome LD, indeed. :smile: