Reality check always causes False Awakening

I have an problem;
Every time I do a reality check while dreaming, Suddenly everythings blurs out and I wake up in my bed… After I do reality check again (after waking up), it succeeds and dream blurs out again and I wake up again (in a dream). It’s been for last 3 LD dreams and im not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Today, I did a bit smarter;

I was driving with my friend in a car and it seemed weird, so I did a reality check and it suceeded, but I woke up. Did RC again, again woke up, This time I didn’t want to do RC because it would wake me up, but everything seemed so real, so I had no choice. I did and woke up again. This time, I didnt do reality check, but started to concentrate on myself, feeling hands and so on. After some moment, I thought - Maybe I should sleep a bit to get into dream deeper (yes, stupid idea) and I layed still and started to sleep. Suddenly I started to fell thru bed and I saw a timer counting. When timer counted to 8 hours, I woke up in middle of my city. I did not to reality check and started to LD.

Why RC always causes False awakening? If it would be a problem with excitement, would not I wake up fully?

Which types of RC do you do? Perhaps trying some different ones would help. Strange though.

Only breathing thru nose while holding it closed with hands. Other ones takes too much time.

I feel it very advantageous to have at least a backup RC, if not a handful. Of the times you’ve become lucid has it been from breathing through a plugged nose?

Yes… What is Backup RC?
Sorry, my english isn’t perfect

I mainly use 3 RC’s and have a two more that I might use if the other ones are not possible:

1. Nose RC
  2. Finger through palm RC
  3. “Inception” totem RC
  4. Reading text RC
  5. Think how you got here RC

However, I have never experienced a FA when doing RC’s, therefore, I can’t tell exactly what causes you to “wake up”.

If its because of excitement, it could just be that you fall into false awakenings easily. Some people get them less sporadically And more regularly then others.

Like paulius and Hypnos have said it is wise to have multiple reality checks. Do you Usually suspect that your dreaming and then reality check? Or do you usually randomly happen to do it while dreaming? If its the former, you can try using reality checks that involve a little more congnition. By this I mean try things like remembering how you got where you are. Look at text. Inspect your surroundings. Try and do things that are less startling. You may even want to stay away from things like the nose reality check or puting your finger through your palm as it may cause a false awakening.