LD4all Quest 78 [July]: Become a superhero (or villain)!

LD4all Quest 78: June + July: Become a superhero!
Author: Rhewin

Every month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Become a Superhero!
Every summer for the last few years we’ve been treated to a flurry of superhero movies. And why not? They’re fast, they’re fun, they’re entertaining and they can always get your imagination going. But why sit back and just watch a superhero when you could be one?

It’s time to suit up! This month your Quest is to become the superhero you’ve always wanted to be. Figure out your powers, put on the spandex and get the girl (or boy). Of course, that’s not to say you have to be the hero. “Some men just want to see the world burn.”

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Discover your super powers
  • Put on your suit
  • Optional: Save someone
  • Optional: Fight your arch-nemesis
  • Alternative: Instead of becoming the hero, become the villain
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for completing this Quest
These are just suggestions of course, you can do whatever works for you :content:[/color]

• There are lots of powers, play with different types to find one that comes naturally (fire bending, super strength, web swinging, etc.)
  • Use a device to help channel your powers (power ring, staff etc.)
  • Can’t find your suit? Try ripping off your shirt Superman style.
  • Walk through a door with the expectation it will lead to your hideout; your suit will be waiting for you there.
  • Can’t find your nemesis? Ask a DC where they are, open a door and expect them to be behind it or shout for them to appear.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest.
  • Decide on what your powers should be before hand.
  • Imagine how it would feel to use them.
  • Design your suit and logo (unless you’d prefer it to be a surprise)

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Last but not least: have fun everyone! Happy lucids! :tardis:

Sweeet! :grin:

I was going to do this anyways

Cool, I’m in. But if you think about it, we are superheroes in each lucid dream :content:

Heh… it’s on the verge of an automatic thing for me. But who can say no to spandex pants :happy:?

Hahah, true. At the end that’s what makes an superhero a true superhero! :grin:

I’m not sure if this counts since I didn’t choose my abilities but here it is:

I found myself in an abandoned fast food place with a bunch of cowering people. I decided to ask around to see what was going on. They told me that some baddy named Mongo was attacking again. (Yes I know, what kind of name is Mongo but it is something that my family says alot. "MONGO STRONG!) They said that I should be out there fighting instead of talking with the civilians. I tried asking what my abilities were, since I was still unsure, but nobody would tell me. I decided to go out and investigate. There wasn’t much but an empty street and some flipped cars and such. I heard some people screaming for help and I, in a way, leaped into action. I ran through the alley ways to find some people running from some wannabe villians swinging swords(I think machetes) and hammers at these people. I thought to myself "Ok, this is a dream. They can’t hurt me but I can hurt them… Right? :confused: " I ran over and punched one in the chest slamming him through a brick wall. The others hesitated as though they were thinking about fighting but decided to run away. I helped the injured people to the food place since it was the only refuge that I knew of at that time. I walked back out of the restaurant and saw who I guessed was Mongo. He was a massive, fat Hawaiian man. The people had told me that if he touched you, your skeleton would start to dissolve away at the point of contact. He was yelling something at me but I could not hear him very well. I started trying to think of powers to do but nothing was working. Then all of a sudden I teleported behind him. I was startled for a second but then I just sent a kick as hard as I could. This kick did nothing to him. I just punching at him while dodging his slow swings at me. When, all of a sudden, Wolverine claws came out of my hands. For a moment I had that :cool: felling but it subsided. I started chopping at his limbs hopping that I could just cut him to pieces but he was just regenerating them. He turned away from me and was heading towards the food place where all the people were. I teleported in there and started teleporting people out to a place that resembled my school. After everyone was safe I teleported back to fight again but Mongo was nowhere to be found. I woke up after some random teleporting trying to find him.

There is my DJ entry and a failed attempt at becoming a member of the Green Lantern Corp. I’ll try to finish Mongo off some other time. I blame this non green lantern dream to be the fault of a day off from work and watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and watching Jumper in the same day. Although I consider this as a success in becoming a hero, I think I failed at becoming the hero I wanted to be. Maybe next time.

Nice timing. I’ve been craving some lucid action.

Totally going to give this a shot! :smile:

5 minutes before I go to bed. Will give this a shot. Wish me luck!

Dude, that whole dream was epic. I once saved a gas station in a dream, but after taking several bullets to the chest I grew some epic wings and got the heck out of there. Bad things happen to me when I die in dreams. Bad bad things. Hope you get Mongo though.

I guess I am a day late but I did end up getting to be a member of the Green lantern Corp. I was being trained by my CALD character who is also a member of the Corp. We were doing some flight manuevers when we were attacked by a Sinestro Corp member. We fought for a bit but me and my trainer decided to flee only because I was still a rookie. This means that I was still susceptible to the yellow impurity. I was pretty much useless. This was however the most awesome lucid I have had to this day. I don’t remember the Sinestro Corp members name but I will forever call him Lax because his head was similar to that fat sleeping pokemon. I have gotten to be a Green Lantern 3 times since that dream but none as awesome.

This Quest has been extended for another month.( july)

Ill hand out wings when the Quest for august is posted

thanks for your patience and have fun being superheros! Or villains

I think I pass on this one, a little too much for me, but maybe I’ll do the next
one.

I have a task of duelling a DC in my dream by using a lightsaber. I’ll try to make it a superhero vs. villain type battle. If it meets the requirements, I’ll let you know if I succeed.

Hold everything! Does being, The Doctor, count?

Or, The Last Centurian? <He lives forever.

Well I was a villain for most of my dream. I was the second in command of a huge evil group and spent most of my dream travelling to different countries, wiping out their governments and taking over. My abilites were super speed and the ability to shoot fire out of my fingers and burn people. I killed anyone who disagreed with my group or tried to stop us.

Then near the end of my dream we went to the UK. I had just killed Cameron when for some reason, the girl who I love IRL walked in. My boss was just about to kill her but even in a dream I couldn’t let that happen. I turned on him and burnt him to death. Realising what I had done, the rest of the group came and started to fight me. I killed a lot of them but there were too many and I didn’t want to cheat by making myself invincible. The dream ended when I died.

Only a few days left in July, but I still believe that I can do this quest. I’m going to become a supervillain. Haven’t come up with a name yet, but I will, once I have that LD (and I will have it!!!).

The LD4all quest for August is now posted. LD4all Quest 79: Be an Olympian!

Congratulations to Smiley and Elliott for successfully completing the quest. :thumbs:

pasQuale will hand out any wings earned in the superhero/villain quest after she has checked the posts. Please be patient :content:

You can still do this quest, but can’t earn your wings from completing it successfully.

Congratulations Smiley and Elliott on my behalf as well, you have earned your wings :smile: