Do you talk with people about LD-ing?

I’ll speak to anyone on the subject if I see a reason to. I have, however, had quite amazing conversations with other people on the subject of LDs.

When I first started LDing (or trying to anyway :tongue:) I immediately tried roping my brothers into it. One just didn’t care so I stopped pestering him with it. The other at first started a DJ, but has since let it drop. We still speak about our dreams every so often and he sometimes comes up to me telling me about an awesome LD he just had.

ALSO I was in this class called Theory of Knowledge in my 11th year in high school. Our book talked about perception as a way of knowing and even MENTIONED LDing in it. It included as well a small like 8 step process to try it out. (Relax, go to sleep, mantra, MILD method.) That in turn, I believe is what led me to near daily conversations with the teacher of that class about dreams and LDs.

At first, while we were on the topic in class, the entire class participated in discussion about LDs. Then, only occasionally, a friend of mine would bring it back up and talk to me about it. I even got one of them to actually have an LD (due to daytime residue)!

But back to my teach. He used to keep a dream journal and he’s had his share of LDs and even an SD. This is just another of the things I’m going to miss about HIgh School. I’ll probably bring it up again in college to who knows who, but I can’t be sure I’ll find someone who I can easily talk about dreams with without annoying someone.

Still, you never know how many LDers there are out there!

Very true. In fact, we might be sitting around the corner of each other and would probably never even know :tongue:

I want to be really able to talk with friends about it. And since there are also a fair amount of positive reactions out there. I’m quite sure i’ll try it again, but I’ll wait until I’ve have regular LD and am actually able to WILD.

Many in people in my school know that I am a lucid dreamer. Last year I participated in a TEDx event and held a speech regarding lucid dreams. Might do one this year as well. I guess some people got interested. Also I have a friend that has some interest and experience regarding LD’s, and, of course, my family knows about it, but isn’t really interested.

Occasionally. Some people don’t see the point of it, others don’t really believe me. Only certain friends that are natural lucid dreamers understand why I do it.

I only talk to people who I know are open to LD’s and the unusual…

I don’t talk to anyone. I’m antisocial.
lol I do talk to people but not about LDs. Noone I know is into that sorta thing.
The only people I openly talk about it to are my dad and my partner. Then again, I’m a little weird due to my interests in the paranormal anyway, and that’s a topic not many people want to discuss either. Can’t win >.>

I told my parents a few weeks ago at dinner and they gave me this stern look… Said: “Son… are you taking the LSD?” Fortunately I got that cleared up though, they aren’t convinced that it’s a real thing. Probably think I’m crazy. :happy:

Until recently I would have never talked to anyone bout this sort of topic. After all this time, it turns out one of my closest friends actually participate in Lucid dreaming and not only that, he also has the same ‘gift’ as me.
Ever since I was young, I’ve always been able to read and actually ‘feel’ people’s emotions and thoughts.

I don’t know about you, but it feels so amazing to actually know someone who is similarly interested in the metaphysical :slight_smile:

Ah you got to talk about LDing in TOK?! Lucky. We never touched on anything really fascinating like that.

No. I’m afraid people would think that I’m deviant then talk bad about LD. Like “you would be posses by evil” and such. It would hurt my desire to LD :sad:

Whenever I mention lucid dreaming to someone I always get a reaction more or less like “okay :sleep: changes subject”.

Their loss, I know they would absolutely love lucid dreaming if they gave it a chance for once.

Lately for me it’s been the other way around. I have problems with discipline. I can’t keep at my hobbies for very long because I get distracted or lose interest easily. Lucid dreaming is no different, despite some great successes in the past.

These days it’s OTHER people who talk to me about it. They’ll be all: “Sven, how’s that lucid dreaming going? Had any awesome dreams lately?” Even my mother, who barely even understands the concept of lucid dreams asked me that the other day. So sometimes I have to thank them for making me able to dream more, haha.

I talked about it once to my friends. They made fun at me like I was crazy or something… Only one of my colleague who’s in fond of all the “awarness” and “quest of happiness” stuff, listen to my stories ~

Hey i have that to :wink: i am high sensitve and i can pick the smallest things up. This got me interested in the paranormal :happy:

I’ve mentioned it to family members over the years, but even though everyone I’ve talked to says they’ve experienced it in the past, none of them have any real interest in it.

They tend to take a “what’s the point” stance on it, which is a shame.

I do. I live in a huge hotel in the weekdays. I met a woman there, the thing is the hotel is like nearly abandond and she and I are usualy the only persons staying there. Anyway I was about to have dinner when she sat down at my table. We then started talking about this and that, you know just geneal. Then she started talking about dreams. I just had an LD the night before and couldn’t stop myself. I nearly was certain i was going to sound like an crazy person. But she didn’t make any weird faces and seemed very interested. Lol :content: turns out that she can predict her and other peoples future by deciphering her/their dreams. She can also do tarot card readings etc…

So the moral of the story is don’t Judge people at your first glance and more importantly if in a conversation with someone about dreams, then mention LD’s!

Today at work I told a middle-aged lady that it’s easier to feel rested if you wake up during your dreams, and then she said that she hardly remembered her dreams.
At this point I saw a pretty obvious opportunity to bring up lucid dreaming, and I told her that everyone dreams and that you can actually learn to control your dreams.
She reacted the typical way, in other words she showed a poorly faked enthusiasm and then slowly dropped the topic - so I did that as well, since she was clearly not interested nor took me seriously.
Aaand now she will probably look at me like some kind of high weirdo and refuse to ever bring up the subject again.
It would have been SO much fun if she could just go “those dreams you mentioned yesterday, what are they?” or something tomorrow, but I’m pretty sure she will never ever mention anything that’s even dream-related again.
That’s so damn boring, and highly unfortunate. :down:

I found out that a friend of mine actually started lucid dreaming naturally a couple of months ago, he had never heard of lucid dreaming but does it almost every night. I was really jealous at that point :content:. He said that at first he was able to fly, and later he could use magic and basically control the entire dream. I’ve known him for 5 years now but never discusses ld’ing with him because to me he never felt like he person who would take that kind of thing serious… So about a week ago we were having a nonsense conversation but we got to a point were I felt like he would take me serious if I told him about ld’ing, and he turns out to have them more often in a week than I on 2 months… …I guess you never really know everything about your friends!

Talk about it? Of course! The teacher was the one who brought it up because HE had lucid dreams! It was awesome.

And that sucks that you didn’t get to speak about it. You should’ve brought it up yourself. It would have fit the agenda for sure.

EDIT: GACK! Why do I always win the top-of-the-page game in every topic except the one I need to!! :angry:

Actually, I must say that there is something special about having this lucid dream knowledge “for yourself”, and share it with a select few people, kind of like an underground hobby.
I don’t know, I kind of have the feeling that it wouldn’t really be the same if most people started to know about it, there’s something pleasant about keeping this phenomenon more to yourself.