Bed Shaking

Last night something weird happened. After laying in my bed for a while, the bed started shaking. Not too much, just a little. I noticed this as I was drifting out of sleep. Immediately, I shot wide awake and grabbed onto my matress. Sure enough, I could feel it shaking, and it felt very very real, too real to be a hallucination. I made sure that I wasn’t the one that was shaking the bed, and then turned over, thinking I would “snap out of it”. I didn’t. I was starting to get kind of freaked out, and decided to find out if I could actually see the bed shaking. I grabbed my cell phone and turned it on, so that it lit up the room. The bed shaking abruptly stopped, and I fell back to sleep. A few minutes later, the bed shaking started again, and it woke me up. This time it was shaking much more violently, and I could actually see everything in the room bobbing up and down (because the bed was moving in an up-down direction). Believing it was a hallucination, I held my breath to see if it would stop, but it got even more violent. Once again, I grabbed my cell phone and everything stopped, only it abated gradually this time. This freaked me out quite a bit, since I know it had nothing to do with SP, I could easily move, and it seemed way too real to be a hallucination. Anybody had any experiences similar to this?

Are you sure it wasn’t just an earthquake or something real? I have lived in San Francisco and experienced quiet a few earthquakes that were so small they seemed surreal. The only time I could tell some actually happened was when someone else asked if I could feel shaking. It’s the same sort of shake when a large car drives passed.

That’s what I started thinking, eilatan. This happens to me, literally, every time the washing machine is on. Lol, it’s even on the other side of the house, but it still shakes everything in my place.

Cali just had an earth quack the other day :smile:

The washer machine could also have done it, especially if it’s shaking resonates some with your house, it shouldn’t matter where the machine is in your house

earthquakes and large trucks or trams passing is a good guess but you all forgot the fact that it suddenly stopped at the exact time he turned his phone on. twice.

although it maybe nothing.

It couldn’t have been the earthquake that happened yesterday, since I live about 400 miles away from Los Angeles, in Northern California. It also couldn’t have been a truck, since I didn’t hear anything pass by. At any rate, I’m now pretty sure it is just a strong hallucination, since I felt it again last night as I was drifting off to sleep.

Well of course it could have been a hallucination, you can’t definitively say its not. But shock waves and tremors from an earth quack can be felt hundreds to even thousands of miles away from the epicenter.

I was just under the impression that you were assuming it was not a hallucination.