First lucid dream ~

Hi everybody,

First of all, I apologize for my poor english. I recently subscribed to the french LD4all forum but it seems dead for 2 years… So here I am.

Yesterday, I might have had my first lucid dream and I wanted to confirm with you that it was a real one. I still have a doubt on the fact that it could have been just a dream where I acted like I was lucid… Let me explain.

I started my DJ 2 weeks ago. I now remember at least 3 dreams/night.
It allowed me to find 2 dream signs. I’ve read that most people have for dream sign an object (a fan, a phone… whatever). As far as I’m concerned, my first dream sign is the place I work and the second one is my two best friends since I dream about it almost every night. Is it normal ?

Anyway, I remember the 4 dreams I’ve had yesterday. I do RC’s all the day (~20+) and did 1 just before going to sleep. I fixed my objectives if I was becoming lucid during the night (fly and teleport, to start easily).
During the first part of the night (23:00 to 5:30), I did a ND which took place where I usually work (DS) but I didn’t notice the DS. I woke up after finishing this dream and felt disappointed because I didn’t recognize the DS.

Thus, I’ve tried a short version of the MILD technique (not waking up for an hour etc. Just trying to concentrate myself like the MILD says). It didn’t work on my second dream and I woke up again at 6:00. I was also disappointed, but I really wanted to go lucid, so I’ve tried the MILD technique another time, with a better focus this time. And it worked ! (or at least that’s what I think).

[color=brown]Don’t ask why but I was in a garden with a horse, still focusing on being lucid. I don’t know why but I wanted to check if I was dreaming, and the horse started to jump, and landed in weightless conditions.
And then I became lucid. I double checked my hands but they were dark.

Then I remembered my objectives and started to fly in the air like Superman for something like 1 minute. I was so excited (I’ve never felt my heart like that) that I teleport myself in Egypt to test this power. I finally saw lots of DC but didn’t think to chat with them. Instead of talking to these DC, I’ve tried to do some Hip Hop movements (lol…) but I coudn’t and I don’t know why since I was lucid (was I ?). I went to third person view to check what the heck was going on, and it wasn’t me, but a dirty-hair-long-beard guy I never met before.

After this, I lost lucidity and dreamt again until 7:00 (alarm then rang)[/color]

That’s why I’m wondering about this LD… What do you think about all of this ?

Thanks for reading, and see you soon among all these LD4all threads !

Tenoz
Newbie about to lose his LD’s virginity

Congratulations! Sounds like a clear LD to me. If you are aware that you are dreaming and your conscious mind comes online, that’s a lucid dream.

High-quality dance moves are not, as far as I know, a prerequisite for lucidity, so you are okay there. :smile:

Just because there are certain skills that you have not yet mastered doesn’t call your lucidity into question. Your flying, for example, sounds like it’s excellent! Stable flight at higher altitudes is something I’m still working on, for example. It took me several tries before I was able to command dream characters. I think everybody that’s starting out has a list of stuff they want to improve upon. It’s fun stuff to work on!

I am sure your moves will get better and better the more you practice. Soon you’ll look like this guy. :smile:

Anyhow, great job!!

First of all, good job not giving up! :smile:

Yes you were, don’t worry - it sounds like a perfectly normal first LD. Those are always a bit crazy. In my first LD I was in a subway station. I didn’t know what to do and as people came out of the metro I spawned a Neptune-Trident and started sticking people with it in their buts. :content:

Consciousness in LD’s gets better and better the more LDs you have. However, besides remembering your goals (which is the most important), you could consider a sort of reminding-RC during the LD to keep your lucidity up. Next time if you feel like losing lucidity (just the slightest feeling of it) fall on your back and expect to land in a totally new scenario. Constantly changing your dream-scape also proved to me to keep up consciousness.

Yeah, that happened to me too once. After a WILD I found myself in my room, but it was day in the dream. I looked into the window and saw myself: I had a few teeth in my mouth and looked pretty beat-up. I got scared at first but then told myself that I’m in control. I looked away and back into the window: I had changed to an even more handsome version of myself than IRL. :content:

I never tried it but dream-modeling of yourself in front of a mirror (like me) or in 3rd person (like you) sounds like fun.

Keep up the good work,
Cheers :smile:

PS: I speak some french - not too good -, so if you wanna talk in french PM me - I could use the practice :smile:

Thank you for all your support and answers !

I will try harder this weekend and improve my dancing skill then… :wink:

The only thing that bothers me now is when I go to sleep after 00:00 (I wake up at 7:00), I never remember a single dream ! To my mind, after midnight, I must be too tired so I sleep in 1 full time. But it’s kinda frustrating according the fact that I can remember 3 or 4 dreams if I go to bed an hour before (23:00)…

Any tips to solve the problem and avoid holes in my DJ ?

With kind regards,

Tenoz

PS : No problem Don Anonymus, I’ll pm you !

I’m in the same boat as you. Most nights that I go without enough sleep are rather unproductive dream-wise. I’m the parent of small children so that’s just the way it is some nights.

I tried for weeks and weeks to get my dream journal going on less than seven hours of sleep but the journal was mostly a wasteland during those times. Once I forced myself to get sufficient sleep (whenever possible), I experienced a huge leap forward in dream recall and clarity.

If there’s a shortcut, I’m unfortunately not aware of it! Just do the best you can as often as you can, I’d say.