Have You Ever Asked DCs Directly What they Represent?

I read Waggoner’s book twice within the last month and one of the things he talks about doing is asking dream characters what they represent. Or asking the dream what certain items represent.

Last week I remembered to do it once i was lucid and i spent a whole LD walking around asking people what they represented to me. Most people were annoyed and wanted me to leave them alone and most everyone else just said they didn’t know.

The only real answer I got was from a sloppy looking obese man who sat near me and volunteered that he was my ugly side.

Has anyone ever done anything similar? If so, what answers did you get? Please share.

I’ve never done anything like this since I simply don’t believe there’s anything that the dream represents. They are just hallucinations and that is all.

:happy: Okay, that’s a pretty amusing answer!

I’ll have to try this experiment out. Might save it for some significant or strange-looking character. I tend to have many dream scenes with a dozen+ dream characters milling around… I think that I cast a lot of “extras”!

Dream characters and their reactions are endlessly entertaining.

Every now and them I see skeletons in my dreams, so one LD the other week I decided to ask the dream about them. I met a little girl and I asked her “what do the skeletons represent?”.

The answer was “Your three deepest most secret fears. Fear of not being hold. Fear of not being heard anymore. Fear of not caring any more.” I don’t know if she meant “held” or even if she sayed “whole”, or maybe it both! Anyway, it was a much deeper answer than I expected, specially as once I asked a DC what her name was and I got the most random non-sense answer ever, so I expected something like that… (her name was Three Strawberry Rivers :lol: ).

I’ve had some weird black tornados in my dreams a couple times, so that’s what I’ll ask next :smile:

That is muy interesting and pretty deep!

This is something I have been waiting to try next. I want to ask dream characters who they are or what they represent and basically interrogate them