AILD- Association Induced Lucid Dream

[center]Introduction[/center]
This is a technique that I thought up while I was lying in bed sleepless for two hours. It started off when I was thinking of how the dream state is like amnesia. You hardly remember anything from WL when you are in the dream state. And how do people overcome amnesia? They have a reminder to remember things, such as a string around their finger. In a dream, however, you do not have such a reminder… or do you?
[center]The Reminder[/center]
The fact is, you can have a reminder like that, you just have to create it. Most people use dreamsigns for that, which is called DILD. That technique, however, is problematic. Dream signs do not often happen in WL, and as such you will not get the practice that you need to associate them with the dream state. Instead of dream signs then, you should use a common, everyday thing, and associate that with dreaming. An example would be the color green, because it is everywhere. You would then use a mantra to firmly make it clear to your mind that green=dreaming. From then on, whenever you see green you would think of dreaming. And when you think of dreaming, you will do RCs. Eventually this will become a very automatic thing, so that whenever you see the color green in your dream, you would become lucid.
[center]But What If There is an Overwhelming Amount of Green?[/center]
If you happened to walk through an area where your selected item was very common, would you do RCs every few seconds? Certainly not. What really is important is for the object to get you thinking about dreams. My example, green, would be extremely prevalent in a forest. So, if I was walking in the woods, I would think about dreaming, and acknowledge the fact that I could be dreaming. I might also do RCs every once in a while if I felt inclined to.
[center]Have You Tested this Yet?[/center]
Well, I am in the process of testing it righting now. I started as soon as I came up with it, which was last night. Of course, there were no successes yet, as it would probably take at least a week or more for the assocation to be firmly planted in my brain.
[center]The Steps[/center]
Here are the steps in list form, for your convenience.
[1] Come up with an item to associate dreaming with. This can be anything, as long as it is fairly prevalent. For example, I am using green.

[2] Use a mantra, such as “When I see green I am dreaming” many, many times to firmly create the association in your mind that the Item=Dreaming.

[3] When you see the item think about dreaming, and acknowledge the fact that you might be dreaming. Be sure to do some RCs.

[4] When you have done this enough, in perhaps a week or two this association will start happening in your dreams.

[5] When this happens, you will become lucid.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Also post your experiences with it. I will update this page as soon as I have successes, which should happen in about 2 weeks time.

Or is the waking world the amnesia of dream?

I have found something to associate it with: people. Mental RC everytime I see someone. I’ll try that for a while.

I wanna say something about techniques in general, not yours The Nameless One in particular. It sounds good and promising but what I want to say that techniques are nothing more then a tool but like every other tool to be useful you need to know how to use it and when to use it.

Well I just wanted to say that you don’t need techniques to become lucid, you need awareness. If you practice awareness and lucidness in physical world you will become lucid in your dreams too, without techniques… Practice meditation and that’s it. Many of us just want to use techniques to overcome the problem of becoming lucid in a believe that technique will make us lucid. The problem is that we rely to much on techniques to little on ourselves.

If you raise your waking awareness you will raise your dream awareness. It’s that easy. And no induction technique will thought you that in particular.

Going to try this… sounds like a really good idea. Not sure what I’ll use as a reminder though.

When I read that I instantly thought of the game Amnesia… Not something I particularly want to become lucid to lol

Anyway, I’d like to give this a try, but I can’t think of anything I see on a regular basis (aside from people). The difficulty I have is that I rarely leave the house, yet my dreams are filled with action and things of fantasy, so what would be something I can use for association? Or does this mean I have to rely on my dream signs?

But wouldnt this technique help to raise awerness? It’s true that techniques are just tools and the real magic is in using your awerness (brain) to build the house (of lucidity). But have you ever tried building a house without tools?

Besides just using awerness to become lucid, are you still using a technique. Other people like yourself have set up procedural frameworks for awerness and how to apply it to gaining lucidity. Sounds like a tech. Techs just help organize our minds to help complete a predetermined task.

IMO the only lucidity inductions that involve no tech are some spontaneous burst of lucidity that usually happen during a random dild.

True, everything what is complex and what is a whole in a sense is a technique. But like I said induction techniques as MILD, WILD, RCILD, SSILD, etc…

It is, but only to your reminder which purpose is to tell you whether you dream or not, what I meant is “general” awareness so it means everything not only a part of it… That may seem as hard task to do but it pays off at the end. Of course you need to start small and this is good technique to do that but with time you should start notice more and more things and question them simultaneously…

db, awerness and lucid living are the holy grail for some in their attempts at lucidity. But they are very hard to practice. And both are just techniques employed to gain lucidity. At least that is as it seems.

Besides as ive implied, most if not all techs raise your awareness in the end.

Correct and maybe I did use the wrong word but still all techniques might raise your awareness temporarily but not for longer time. When you raise your general awareness by practicing LL, ADA or meditation then that is something what becomes a way of living, not a technique which you might try and maybe become lucid, with those you become lucid not might become lucid…

Yes but you have to employ lucid living just as any other tech. It’s not a one time cure type of thing. You stop practicing it and you loose it.

The best way to gain lucidity may be through pure determination and will power. Magnificus’ version of what seems to be a dild could work for him and a few others if they believe they can get it to work

The only way to always become lucid is by practicing lucid living perfectly. All the time. Which I think is impossible. Which might hit at always becoming lucid as an impossibility. So maybe all we can ever do is maybe become lucid

In response to your last post I guess I’m just trying to say that yes, after a while you may loose awerness gained through techs. But you can also loose awerness gained by lucid living. Just do what ya want to :smile:

Exactly… I was just giving the advice… :content:

Indeed and I was not try to shoot you down dB :smile: I just don’t want people who have lesser experience thinking that techs have no value.