calling all lucid dreamers

am a lucid dreamer, I love it…the 2nd or 3rd time I did it, i had an out of body experience…I googled and tried to find a place where i can talk to others about this.

do you have full control? can you stay in long? how long did it take you to get full grasp of your dreams? how did you train yourself not to wake up?

I have gone all night lucid dreaming, took me almost 10 years to learn how to stay in them.

I watched this documentary on it, and this guy was saying a good way to stay in, is to focus in really hard on something around you…the first time i tried it i was flying, and i could feel myself waking up, so i focued in on tree bark, the detail on the tree was so insane, it really helped me stay asleep…then he said to look at your hands, i was sitting in a creek and i dipped my hand in the water and looked, they looked like angel hands…tehy were small and sparkly and white and they looked soo beautiful it was crazy…i just flew around all night in my dream all over the usa…it was the greatest!

I love to take off jumping real high in my dreams, and flying, i have been flying since i was in the single digits, as far as i can remember…all my dreams are so vivid and real like i can feel them.

its amazing and from what i see, not many people can do it.

And you’ve found the perfect place. Welcome and enjoy yourself here! :smile:

It depends. Being lucid doesn’t mean that you are able to control the dream. You need to enhance your control seperately. The main technique here is to simply believe in your abilities. If you have any doubts, you won’t have full control. Dreams are formed by our expectations. Therefore, if you expect that you can do it, you will.

Naturally, you stay as long as the REM phase allows. It may range anywhere from a few seconds to an hour or even more. You can use dream prolonging techniques to stay in the dream longer. I have personally not used them yet, but that didin’t stop me from having quite nice LD’s. Around 5 minutes long on average, but that is sufficient. For now :ebil:

Do you mean learning to become lucid? Well, I personally had my first lucid dream after 3 moths of practice. However, I can’t say I put much effort into it. I might have done it in less time if I really dedicated myself to LD’ing.

I didin’t. I just go with the flow and don’t battle aginst waking up if I feel that the REM ends. The main reason is that I have not yet used any dream prolonging techniques, but as I said, I will start using them. Some people wake up from the excitement. I somehow naturally stay calm in my dreams and don’t have this problem.

That’s the best technique. To enhance your senses.

Everyone can do it, just not everyone is interested in it or know about it.

If people only knew how FREAKIN AWESOME lucid dreama are!!! I finally had one the other day that lasted more than a few seconds, all of the others ones before all I could do is just sit down and stare at the carpet/ground scenery in complete AWE of what my mind was generating. I stayed calm in this one and all I wanted to do was explore the neighbors houses. I saw a pool three houses down so I did one of those jump/fly way up and aimed for the center of the pool, then wondered if I could fly straight out of the pool without using a jump from land. Nailed it* lol So simple but in LD its just soooo damn amazing and fun. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since all I want to do is do it at much as possible using WILD. I was at a party last friday and started talking about my lucid dream and literally not one person had or knew what a lucid dream was. It shocked me, they are missing out sooo badly. “So glad I found this website!”

You seem to be quite the natural :smile: I am quit envious! It took me about three weeks after learning of lucid dreams to be able to have about one a week. But I have only been practicing for maybe three months, you have so much experience. Can we trade brains?

Sounds wonderful! I can’t wait until I have all night LDs. How often do you have LDs?

I know, right!!! I tried explaining it to my friend and how I would LOVE to have an LD, and they were just like, IDRGAF and acted like I was weird and crazy :bored:

Incredible! Your progress and abilities are outstanding. I typically average something like 4 minutes so the fact that you can stay with it for the entire night leaves me extremely impressed.

Can you describe what experiencing an entire night of lucid dreaming is like? Do you find yourself repeatedly becoming lucid in new dreams or is it more of an all-night awareness? If you have any tips for how to build up this ability, I’m all ears (to say the least!)

It really is that amazing. I certainly had no clue until I experienced it for myself. You can hear someone say that it’s “so real” but until you see it for yourself, it’s hard to internalize just what that means.

Very, very few people understand what is possible in lucid dreaming. An even tinier minority become able to LD at the level you’re at. You should be very proud!