What is your FAVORITE lucid dreaming technique?

Hey guys,

I was simply wondering what your favorite Lucid Dreaming Technique is? :eh:

Personally, I am trying many different techniques to see how each works. Also, I want to see which are easier than others so that if someone asks me about lucid dreaming and how to do it, I can tell them a reliable technique from personal experience. I have successfully had lucid dreams with the following techniques:

DILD Technique
Find-your-hands Technique
SSILD Technique
WBTB Technique

So far, my favorite technique is the Find-your-hands technique, but I want to get familiar with the MILD technique. So what about you guys? What techniques have you used and which is your favorite? Thanks :happy:

SSILD is my favorite simply because it works so darn well! The downside? I often either fall asleep too soon, get too excited and fail to fall back asleep, or forget to wake up at all before my alarm clock goes off. :smile: When I get it right, though, it delivers the goods!

All but one of my lucid dreams have been DILDs, usually induced through SSILD. MILD worked for me once as well, and I think that it’s a fine technique.

Thanks for the tip on “find your hands”. I will read up on it!

LL is by far the best for me,and i don’t think i can say that WBTB or SILD are my best techs,because it’s like they are supporting techs that support other techs,i’am still on my way to lucidity,and didn’t tried all techs properly,but LL is the one that sounds the most realible.

You’re right, “lucid living” is a great practice. I’d add that to my list as well. It simply makes a DILD more and more likely the better one becomes at it.

I think that lucid living in conjunction with other techniques (MILD, SSILD, etc.) fits together nicely to help create a dream environment that is well-suited for DILDs. (aka that wonderful “Holy crap… I’m dreaming!” feeling.)

A side benefit to lucid living is that it’s a wonderful way to live in the moment. “Stop and smell the roses” works great both as life advice and as lucid dreaming advice.

My personal favorite method is FILD.
Now, before I say any more; FILD gives very low quality LDs (in my personal experience). So if you were to use FILD, you’d need to be comfortable with stabilization and raising the vividness and lucidity (or lucid level or whatever you like to call it).
Anyways, if you can do those well, I find FILD to be quite reliable and not much work. :smile:

WILD (the arms up, rollover technique) combined with SSILD. I managed to have 2 lucid dreams in a single night a couple weeks back by combining the two techniques.

My favorite RC is by far counting fingers, but I’ve also had lucid success with the “plug your nose and breath in” method.

You know, I said I wanted to try MILD more, but SSILD has been working very well for me also lately. Perhaps this technique is pretty good because its so straight forward and lax

So far it has been SSILD mainly, although the vast majority of the time I have great difficulty getting back to sleep. When I can’t get back to sleep though, it’s nearly always the case that I will go into SP or experience some sort of vibrations with which I can enter a WILD. When I do manage to get to sleep (rarely), I often get a DILD.

The technique that provides the most benefits outside of lucid dreaming is All Day Awareness. This is because, in my opinion, it is part of the key to happiness in life. As such, my favourites are currently ADA and SSILD.