Why am suddenly lucid dreaming now? Lots of questions!!-WILD

Okay, I’m going to apologise now for the essay I’m about to write, but it would really help if someone could answer my questions. so i guess i should start from the begging, here goes

Maybe 2, or 3 years ago i found out about lucid dreaming. I started to research, and soon enough found myself falling into things like RC, and dream recall. i did this solid for maybe around 2 months, until I fizzled out of doing this with no results. i would do reality checks at least once every hour, and had filled up like 20 A4 pages of dreams i had. But i got nowhere.
Then i kinda fell into lucid dreaming again around 6-10 months ago. But this time it only lasted a few weeks, i got bored fast and remember my failure of last time. again I did frequent reality checks as well as recorded dreams every night. (on both occasion’s i tried lucid dreaming, i got to like 2-4 dreams recalled every night)

So, three days ago i was answering a random question about lucid dreaming for someone very late at night. Straight after i fell asleep. i woke up that morning and faintly remembering having a lucid dream. Within this dream, i told myself i was dreaming, but still followed the ‘story line’ of the actual dream - if that makes any sense? but i had no control what so ever, and i started to look into lucid dreaming once again.
I had come across the method WILD before, but never took any notice cause it sounded super hard. i tried it for the first time two days ago (the night directly after the first possible lucid dream) but couldn’t keep it going after the stage where my eyes went insane, so i drifted into normal sleep.
I tried this again last night, but just fell into normal sleep. But after a few hours (maybe around 4) upon waking up this morning, knowing it i was more likely to become lucid, i tried WILD again. It took a long time, and i didn’t happen the same as it did the first time i tried it. I’m guessing this was because i wasn’t tired and so it took longer for me to fall asleep.
But yet again i had a lucid dream. This time (in the actual dream) i was in bed, and like iv seen before when i first researched WILD, i found it very hard to move and open my eyes. Every time i did open my eyes i was able to slowly move, but every time i closed my eyes i ended straight back into bed, and had to start the whole trying-to-move-out-of-bed process again.
This dream i did have control, but not much of it. im short sighted (things aren’t fuzzy, just slightly blurry), and this whole dream is what it’s like for me to see things from a distance. But it wasn’t even blurry, i just don’t remember it (which I’m guessing is because of the whole no practise with dream recall in a long time, right?). i did have some control, like i knew what was happening, and in a way i chose to do it but i wasn’t quite in my mind if that makes sense. i tried flying, which only slightly worked but again i don’t really remember this. I also tried something which i thought was really hard to master while lucid dreaming. i wasn’t thinking that at the time, it was for personal gain :content: but i tried having sex, with several different men, and i didn’t wake up, or even feel the dream slip away. Again i had very little control, so i can’t tell if this was actually my conscious mind doing this, again if that makes sense. but towards the end of the dream i think i lost lucidity, because i was talking to 2 different women like they were my best friends, as if i knew them my whole life, and i wouldn’t have done that if i knew what i was doing.

My questions:

1. why now? do you think its the technique that’s working for me? Because i tried so hard the last times i tried to become a lucid dreamer, but got nowhere, even though i was doing things like reality checks.

2. im guessing when my eyes went insane, that was me being conscious during REM sleep? Well, why didn’t it happen this morning, when i tried it again?

3)so when my eyes went weird, and i know its command but i kept seeing like coloured movement. it was like when you stare at the sun or light and you close your eyes, you see that weird moving coloured light? that’s what was happening that first night, but it didn’t happen this morning. why?

1. When i tried WILD this morning, it was really slow to start with, but then like all of a sudden, i could feel my body on the bed but also myself hovering above it. it sounds really weird, but you know how sometimes you can see two of things? that’s how my body felt. like i was laying on the bed, and i could feel that, but i could also feel my body moving out of my body and up and away from my laying body. im guess this was AP? if so, how does it relate to lucid dreaming?

2. was everything blurry, and un -remeberable because i hadn’t been doing any form of dream recall? would that make my dreams more clear? if not how can i?

6)Like i said, i had sex with at least two men that i can remember, but I’m pretty sure there was more.( well doesn’t that sound bad :eek: ) i thought from previous research that this is a really hard thing to master? or is it different with gender?

1. within the dream, i couldn’t feel anything. like , when i was flying i couldn’t feel any wind. or when i was landing, i couldn’t feel anything beneath me. when i was having sex, again i couldn’t feel anything. why is this? was it because of lack of control? or lack of memory, and dream recall?

:cool: is it strange that i had 2 dreams like this in just 4 days? i know the first one wasn’t really a lucid dream, but i was as close as i had ever got on beyond that point.

1. i know i can’t really chose, and i know of people that have taken years just to get their first lucid dream, but is it possible i could have regular lucid dreams with the WILD method? i know its early days, but I’d love to have a lucid dream with actual control that was vivid, y’know?

Again, i know this is like a huge essay, but i would love to get some answers, as im rather confused.

Moved from Lucid Adventures. :mattias: (and welcome to LD4all :wave: )

I think I’m crazy, because I’ve read it all, I suggest you to try making your posts smaller. It’s important because people will misread and give you unexpected replies. (my own experience)

1. you aren’t succeeding at WILDing, but still, you are getting DILDs. That’s something that people call WILD+MILD, when you use the WILD motivation to remind yourself about LDing when going to sleep. You may want to use more mnemonics (words that suggest you will lucid dream and RC).

2. it’s probably REM related. Don’t worry.

3. that is called HI.

4. I call that Kinesthetic Hallucinations, this is known by people that meditate and practice hipnosis. It’s an illusion, when you reach that point, you can wait for a dream to stabilize. You can also try to fall, roll out of it or get up. It’s a trick to succeed with WILD much faster without waiting too long for the dream to form (after you feel the floating sensation).

5. There are several ways to improve dream recall. For me, closing eyes right after waking up (you can do this seated to avoid getting back to sleep) is enough to recall most dreams. Notice that LDs usually don’t need effort to improve recall.

6)Considering your text, I’m not really sure if they were all LDs, some could be FLDs. FLDs can be much more stable than LDs. Roughly, FLDs are very similar to LDs but you don’t have the exact mindset of walking like, but, still, they can be very fun. Then, in these dreams, you may do something very hard for someone in a LD without problems. And, if you get a real LD, it’s very very hard to forget or have a blurry memory of it.

8 ) lucid dreams can be normal for some people, it’s not something wrong.

1. I took 2 years to succeed with WILD after I heard about it. And I was already used to LDing.

here we go

ok,first of all,it seems to me that you were you only practicing DILD,while there are a lot of methods to acheive lucidity,you could practice WILD,DEILD,MILD…etc along with DILD.
also,you were missing an important factor in DILD,and that is dream sings,although your recall was very good,you never mentioned dream signs which Led me to conclude that you weren’t paying attention to this important side of the DILD tech.
another side of the DILD tech i most add,you said you were preforming an RC every hour or so,but were you doing it as an act of habbit,or were you questioning your reality when preforming each of those RCs.

you followed the “story line” eh,well that means that you were low-lucid,meaning you were aware,but not so much.
also,you said that i hadn’t control,well,you have to know that lucid dreaming and controling your dreams are seperat things,you may be fully lucid without being able to control, and you also may not bei lucid and contorl some aspects of your dream,remember that.

well,WILD tech for a starter is not recomended for newbies but meh,you can try it,also,from the sound of it,you were doing it right before going to sleep…big mistake,it’s very hard to preform it right before going to sleep and even if you can do it it will induce hazy dreams.

now to the questions
1-why now?i can’t tell,i myself had a similair exp,i think that trying too hard is not good for lucid dreaming,you should enjoy your quest to lucidity not force it,and by having this break you had a lucid dream,again i am not sure.
2-"me being conscious during REM sleep"well,maybe,i think it’s a sign that you are about to enter REM stage,
why it didn’t happen that morning…
that’s because no WILD exp is like another,it’an ever changing exp.
3-pretty much the same as the second question,but i can add that those coulours are sings of Hypnagogia state,that indicates that you were very close to induce a WILD.
4-Pass!i don’t know anything about OBE,i don’t even believe that it’s real.
5) un -remeberable because you haven’t been doing any form of dream recall,blurry,well dream journaling helps having vived dreams,butif you had the chance you could prolong the dream those making it more vived.
6)-what was hard for others,was easy for you,and i think you were a bit low lucid and it has something to do with it,i don’t know why,but dream control seems to be easier when low lucid.
7)-you weren’t feeling anything,that’s because you weren’t paying attention to your senses,paying attention to somthing in a dream makes it more vived.
:cool:as long as you beleive in yourself,nothing is impossible.
hope this helps :tongue: ,and i am also sorry of all of what i’ve written,i didn’t felt that i wrote this much :bored:

agree with the post above :tongue: