What Book Are You Reading? - Part IX

Currently: Legend of a Suicide (David Vann)
Somehow quite a depressing book… :cry:

And before I go to sleep: couple of pages of Lucid Dreaming by Robert Waggoner

The First 3 books were awesome :smile:, but the last two I didn’t enjoyed that much, well maybe you will :content:

Kinda sorta not really. The movie is based on Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy a little, but it’s a very loose adaptation. A lot of the story and humour has been adjusted for a more American audience in the movie. Read the books, though! They’re a fairly light read and rather short, so they aren’t massive commitments. The humour may go over your head a little, depending on what your sense of humour is. It’s very (VERY) British at times. Also, keep in mind the age of these books. They’ve aged very well, but the first was written in 1979.

Yeah, I’m under the impression that the last two are a bit darker than the first three. Even if I dislike them, which I probably won’t :tongue: , I’ll still read them.

Oh, I’m also going to be adding Dark Omens to my reading list. Just sayin’.

I am reading Slob,mInforggot the authors first name, but the last name is Potter.

Carlos Castaneda : The Power of Silence
:smile:

I’ve just finished reading Dan Brown’s “The Da Vinci Code.” It was a great book!
Now I’ve started reading “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming” by Stephen Laberge. I heard it’s very good knowledge on lucid dreaming.

:meh: Mandatory Academic Reading: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and How the Other Half Lives by Jacob A. Riis.
…I have yet to read the Fang book of the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson or reread Kung Fu High School by Ryan Gattis

I just finish reading “Closer To The Light” by Melvin Morse,Paul Perry, and Raymond A. Moody.
It was an interesting book, it’s about some people who had seen a light as they go through near death experience.

I’ve been reading William Gibson’s Neuromancer on and off for the past few months. So far, I like it.

Fisherman’s children - The innocent mage. Karen Miller.

Actually just about to finish that one, 10 pages left! It’s the fourth and final book of the serie :3.

Loved the book, as well as the serie <3. Though the third book was not that good in my opinion :tongue:.

That was a good book, I remember reading it a few years back!

I am currently re-reading The Bartimaeus Trilogy. One of my favourites, I highly recommend it if you’re into science fiction/fantasy.

I just started the Dark Tower series, did anybody enjoy it?

Im in the middle of “Name of the wind” anybody else here read that book?

so far it is really awesome for me :smile:

I’m reading this teen novel I just HAD to buy because it was called “Lucid”. Yep, I’m that cheesy xD Didn’t mention lucid dreaming until chapter eleven though. It’s interesting so far, I’m curious to see how it will play out.

I’m reading The Lord Of The Rings by JRR Tolkien

Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz. I love the Odd Thomas books for the casual snarkiness in them. “Alarmed, I got to my feet, as I always do when a building begins to glow inexplicably.” It’s all in the first person, and makes you think “Hmm, this character sure has a way with words”.

The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. I will finish reading it tonight :wink:

I recently read The Wars by Timothy Findley. It was school-required reading, but it was quite interesting. Deals with how war destroys a person (and is slightly biographical of the author’s uncle in WWI)

Amazing book. Surprisingly graphic (sexually) for a high school novel. Never had an interest in war history until I read it.

Also, I finally returned to reading the Hitchhiker’s series. On book 4 now. Then Catch-22. Then Catcher in the Rye. Then… well, who knows.

finished- Finding Satan by Andrew Neiderman, last night.
starting- false memory by Dean Koontz, today.

I’m really interested in reading this too. I read another Lucid Dreaming book called ‘Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self’ by Robert Waggoner. It’s a great book :smile:

Currently though, I’m reading ‘Handbook of the Navigator’ by Eric Pepin. He goes into the sixth sense, connecting with our intuition, and uses simple analogies to explain the often forgotten or ignored reality of the Universe, and who we are exactly.

I could go on about it, but I will keep it short and simple and if that small description sparks an interest. Check it out for yourself, I would highly recommend this book to anyone :smile:

Currently re-reading:

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead

Currently reading:

Exile - The Legend of Drizzt book 2 - R.A Slvatore

Currently starting on:

The Secret Garden