Ok. That's it. I've had enough.

4 years. 4 SOLID YEARS.

I don’t know what I did wrong anymore, I would only get one Ld in a forever damn while.

I need help. Badly.

My behaviors:

I sleep regularly, I don’t have access to lucid foods, I do quality RC every time I walk through a door.

I would say more but I’m tired, so if you wonder anything you can ask.

I just don’t get what I did wrong…

So you have been able to get LD’s.
Awesome.
You are on the right track.
Cherish that.

You sound way too desperate, Lucid Dreaming will only become harder if you cannot enjoy the process and the work towards LD’s.
You should feel a constant excitement and untroubled interest, that will be a sign that you are doing it right.

That’s good, but how often do you record your dreams and pay attention to them?
Do you try to find dreamsigns?
Do you make it a habit to actually question your surroundings everytime you see DS’s in real life for real, and not just mechanically?
You should do RC’s of your dreamsigns until you almost do them automatically whenever you see them in real life - it should be a very strong association.
I had a temporary job as an ice cream vendor som time ago and I found that I started dreaming a lot about ice cream vans, and I did RC’s everytime I saw them until I started going “WOW am I in a dream now?” whenever I saw them, and I became fascinated by them because they gave me a very special “LD feeling” - you should try to reach that level.

Yes, you have.
Lucid foods isn’t something mysterious that you have to get at the pharmacy or something, a totally ordinary banana can increase vividness - but make sure you have an ability to recall your dreams first.

Why specifically when you walk through doors?
Do you often dream about walking through doors?
Also remember that RC’s can be anything.
Simply stopping for a while and observing what you see, hear and feel is a RC, because then you ask yourself if everything “feels” like reality.
Another interesting and very natural way to perform RC’s is to “keep an eye” on yourself - where are you now, for example?
Are you at home?
How did you get to where you are now?
What are you going to do later?
Ask yourself things like this with feeling, and eventually this habit will make you start questioning your surroundings in your dreams as well.

Some times it can also be about how stressed you are. I’ve nearly completed year 12 and I had to give up trying for nearly half a year so I could focus. Maybe take a break and come back to it relaxed and a new. BTW I’m back!

I also believe that one big mistake is to let your happiness depend on LD’s.
I often compare this with flirting and being in love with someone, it’s only fun and thrilling for real if you already feel fairly comfortable with what you already have; otherwise it just becomes a desperate struggle without any real excitement, but only a very stressful “mission” of some sort - “I must succeed with this, I won’t feel happy until I do”.

It’s cool enough just to do things like Lucid Living, and look forward to what you will certainly experience one day if you just let it take the time it takes.
There is always the chance that you could turn lucid tonight, so let that fact fill you with a pleasant excitement.
It’s very important to have some actual plans prepared, so you have something to look forward to - “a lucid dream” is not an actual goal, it’s just the place where you experience all the cool stuff, so be more specific.

Did you just not mention it or are you relying on RCs only to get a LD?

@Samadhi

Well as far as I can remember all my LD only happened on WBTB when I noticed that something is wrong (like for my recent one I noticed that my reflection is wrong) and then do RC later.

So no, I don’t rely on RC.

I suggest lucid aids, use supplements or just really… meditate more. Take tablets I mean, how do you not have access? Unless you’re 13 under or older, you can still go to walmart and if you have a few dollars buy those tablets of choline or something.
If you have an itouch 4g+, an Iphone 4G+ or an iPad download the app DreamZ for a lucid aid. It works great I hear. I’m getting it soon. Anyways, good luck :smile:

I struggled with the same frustration it seems like you’re having, Object, back when I was a teenager. The best advice I can offer is (and this sounds odd, I know) don’t try so hard.

Lucid dreaming takes effort, sure. And it seems as though you are doing the important things properly…the thing is, if you let yourself get frustrated by your lack of success, then that’s not going to help very much. I remember when I was younger and I would perform RCs constantly. I kept a dream journal and usually would remember 2 or 3 dreams every morning. I’d do MILD, WILD, you name it. But would never have more than one LD every few months or so. I didn’t understand, because I had been trying so hard. But once I eased off a little, I started having more of them. There was a point when I would have 2 or 3 per week without wracking my brains as much as I was when I was struggling just to have 2 or 3 in a couple months!

Looking back, I think it was a combination of a number of factors. By trying so hard and then constantly being let down, I started to feel like it was impossible…so I guess you could say it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Also, I probably had a little performance anxiety as it were, too. But once I learned to relax and let the lucid dreams happen, I found I would have them more often and, strangely, with less effort.

Anyways, my point is that you’re frustration over what you see as a lack of success could be using up a lot of the willpower and concentration that you need to have lucid dreams. My advice would be to take a break, or, at least not to try so hard for a while. Keep recording your dreams and doing reality checks, but just do that. Also, try not to think about how you haven’t had as many LDs as you’d like to have had…you don’t want to waste all that energy now. Finally, remember that while lucid dreaming is a learnable skill, different people learn all kinds of things at a different pace. Some people are naturals at this sort of thing (I’m not one of those…for me, it took a lot of practice)…so, be patient with yourself, try not to over exert yourself, and if some of the techniques you’re using don’t work, then try some different ones :smile:

The only thing you’re doing wrong is letting this attack your motivation. Think about it, you are so resilient that you have been walking this path four years straight. Failing is the only way you can succeed, and trying harder is not going to
help that. It takes patience, not effort. You are determined, you have such vivid resilience its almost indescribable. Do you remember the first day you became interested in lucid dreaming? That feeling… That first attempt…There was no worry, was there? Has that feeling turned into contemplating what to do differently…? You are trying too hard, my friend. You need to stop frustrating and let it flow naturally. I recommend observing your normal dreams for a while, and setting aside lucid dreaming for the time being. If it feels right, you need to communicate with your subconscious indirectly, through something like dream incubation. Your doing nothing wrong but trying too hard.

By the way, I’ve tried going through a doorway and reality checking, it produced very little lucidity, and I figured out why. I hardly ever go through a door way in my dreams lol. I also recommend going back to square one and improving your recall as well as writing in your dream journal. It becomes very helpful.