Hypnogogic Images?

Oogh, I feel wierd. Still dizzy right now, as a matter of fact.

I’ve been trying to improve my dream recall over the past couple weeks or so. This night I decided to try self-hypnosis (this specifically) and I didn’t feel much once I hit 0. I thought as little as possible about it so I could make sure I fall asleep.

Then I saw some odd patterns, but they were completely black and white, which is what is making me unsure. It was also kind of blurry and I was unsure about what I was seeing. I probably couldn’t have told the difference between an eyeball and a ping-pong ball with a dot on it.

At first it looked like everything was a bright grey except for a circle in the center of my “vision.” Then there were multiple flashes of brightness on the corners of my “eyesight” followed by some weird spiky flower patterns.

My heartbeat accelerated faster than you could believe (I’ve never noticed myself falling asleep), and after a couple of minutes of doubt between consciousness and unconsciousness, I opened my eyes. Then I muttered a choice word of mine after doing a reality check. :tongue:

I’m about 90% sure that was hypnogogic imagery, but I just want some clarification.

Also, I’m pretty sure this is the right section, but I’m a bit tired right now so I could’ve clumsily gotten it wrong.

I’m quite certain it was. I’ve just recently started to pay attention to the way my mind goes when i’m falling asleep and i found myself in the same situation as you. the hypnogogic images are sometimes so interesting or fascinating and the realization that you’re actually getting this close to falling asleep can sometimes be intense or exciting for me. increase heartbeat and what-not. it’s totally normal

Alright, thankies.

As I said, I was pretty sure already, but I was kind of caught off guard. I hadn’t been planning for it yet at all, especially since my main focus is currently my horrendous dream recall.

Well, that’s enough nighttime web browsing for one night. Night night.