A Little Bit About Motivation!

I have never thought about this that way. It could actually help. I’il remember that.
Also thank you for rest of the tips you gave me. It’s time to go to bed. Let’s start again :happy:

EDIT: @Scipio Xaos: I woke up and… I must say you had a sensational effect upon me :happy: I suddenly was able to recall 7 dreams, short, yet pretty vivid. Also I got one LD in which I screamed for no reason (it’s a dream, it’s a dream!!! while looking at my 7-fingered hand - that was scary) and two SP. Furthermore in one of my dreams random DC quoted what you posted here about dream recall and motivation. I lost every single opportunity to develop my LDing except for impressive number of dreams I remembered. I know it’s not going to be like that always, but that’s a good signal I think :happy: Regards.

I have the same DJ problem.
Actually although I do remember quite a lot of my last night’s dream (at least 3-4 different places that I could even more or less connect together as a single storyline), I still didn’t care about writing it down, so I’m sure I could remember even more if I lay still for a while and went through the dream some more.
But I guess any piece of DR is great, and I will just need to remember writing things down in the future.

I agree.

Well this is something on what I agree also. People usually jump right to idea of lucid dreaming and everything before that they neglect. But whit time and little bit of research they come back to bases… :content:

That’s the thing. When you are motivated then you DR is amazing. I remember my first days of practicing LD’ing. I’m having my first DJ here and I’m going through and reading my first dreams. And it was amazing. I was so motivated that I would wake up on my own after every dream(I believe that it was almost every dream) finished and I wrote it down in my DJ…

Motivation is almost everything. From motivation you can do whatever you want and it’s so easy that people usually don’t believe stories that motivated person tells!

Good luck to all of you! :content:

Since you’re all talking about DJ I’ll add a bit of my experience :tongue:

1- Typing my dreams out on the computer instead of writing them on paper helped me a LOT in terms of interest, since I can type a lot more before getting tired.

2- Record as MUCH as possible. Instead of “I see a house”, write “I see a small house with a round window. The roof is green and there are birds in the sky. It reminds me of where I grew up.”

3- If you only remember random fragments, write them down. If you only have a vague feeling you dreamed about carrots, write that down. It doesn’t really matter if you did or not dream about carrots, just write it down.

4- Write down what all your senses pick up.

5- If you have to wake up early, do the exact same thing, just don’t expect to have great recall. Be happy with a small fragment and explore it as much as you can.

When I did all this I have to say I got the most amazing recall I’ve ever had and I’ve never had that much fun with my dreams. LD’s came naturally, with little use of techniques. Also, this might seem like “too much to handle”, specailly if you aren’t feeling motivated. I suggest not taking it too seriously, don’t demand it of yourself. Just try it out a few days. For me I was only able to actually type out 9 pages of dreams because it started becoming so much fun!

Anyway, good luck :happy:

Ah, yes, tell me about it…

I can relay on everything except first one. I did have physical DJ and then I switched to computer DJ and I lost motivation. Then I switched back to physical one and things are going much much better. I guess this one is an old story about: every one of us is different story… :content:

Oh, cool! Everyone is different indead. I put it there just in case someone gets their hand tired and that makes them lose motivation… like me xD

Also I would like to add that I’ve noticed that sometimes when I don’t have time in the morning I type my dreams on smartphone and later on I would write them in my actual DJ. It’s not time saving technique but level of details is much better then when recording them only once.

If you have time I would suggest that kind of DJ. In the morning I’m trying to write as many details as possible and later on always something pops up. Whether that’s from the same dream or another one that I will write down or even the one I didn’t even remember in the morning. And also it helps you to remember dreams in physical life better and also you can analyze them in that time when you writing then for the second time…

To me, if when I go to sleep I do something like MILD where I tell myself(repeatedly) that as soon as I wake up I will record whatever I remember dreaming then it’s easy for me.

However, if I simply go to sleep and wake up during the night, recording my dream is the last thing in the world I could give a crap about, :cry:

I’ve only had three extremely brief LDs that all-together lasted something like 10-15 seconds(the most recent being last night via WILD) so my interest is very high, but I can see how obtaining my goal of regular LDing may cause me to lose sight of what got me there/keeps me there.

In the future I will remember this post of yours when I’m recording my non lucid-dreams and wondering why I waste my time when I can already LD fairly regularly(one day soon, lol), I’ll remember the folly of others before me who shared the same thoughts and I’ll keep my records going and hopefully improve ever further. Thank you for your post! :content:

I tend to wake up several times during the night if I go to sleep early, and it’s always the same story:
“wohoo, I remember a few segments of the dream, BUT! it isn’t that much, so I’ll just skip it and fall asleep again :woo:”.

I am usually like that too, but I found it much easier if I record those segments on my smartphone and then later I can record that in my DJ. And when I’m recording it for the second time I usually get more segments then when I record it for the first time.

Dreamers usually think that they will lose sleep and that they will feel sleepy in the morning if they wake up and record their dreams but they will not in most cases. Well it could be that you will feel like that but then you need to work your way around it, I guess…

Same thing with me, but sometimes I do it with even longer dreams. I need to up my game, and start writing every single dream I have again. No matter how boring they are.

I’ll try what QuestingForLucidity is doing (telling himself that he’ll write his dreams as soon as he wakes up). Hopefully that’ll make me less of a lazy butt.

Sometimes for better DR dreamers wake up from a lucid dream intentionally just to record what they dreamed, specially if they feel like they could lose lucidity or that they were dreaming for some time and they might lose first minutes of the dream…

I think that this is good way of actually boost your DR also awareness…

That’s what I usually do with long lucid dreams. Unless I get smacked in the face with an FA.

Yeah, there’s always a FA! :grin:

Thread’s active! :biggrin:

Well, on the subject of physical versus digital DJs, everyone’s preferred and effective techs are bound to differ. For two years I worked with a physical DJ, and one thing that always got me was having to write a wall of text… Twice. My hand would hurt by the time I had finished writing (with my horrible handwriting) out my dreams on paper, and THEN I would have little to no motivation to post them on the forums as I would have had to retype them.

That’s changed now. When my second journal filled up I resolved to switch entirely over to using computer software to record my dreams. As far as I can tell, it’s been equally as effective. The only issue is turning on the compy, loading the program, starting to type. Generally by step three some sort of information loss has occurred and the detail isn’t as fine. Also you can’t do this from your bed in the middle of the night unless your computer’s always on. :tongue:

DreamDiver: Congratulations! Funny how the mind works, isn’t it? :wink:

Why do so many people have something against False Awakenings?
I mean come on, False Awakenings pretty much give you free LD opportunities, all you need to do is perform a few RC’s and you will notice that it is a dream. :eh: :tongue: :content:

Hahah, good one. I mean I don’t hate them, I like them because they challenge you in the ways that no situation can…

Well, I guess FA’s can be quite annoying if you actually want to wake up but keep getting them instead. :peek:

To be honest I’ve never experienced that. There was no time when I wanted to wake up from a lucid dream… Don’t know why would I… (except for DR…) :content: