Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SSILD) Part II

This is quite common with SSILD and no need to worry. It indeed is a low level lucidity.

I woke at 5am and did the cycles. I felt quite awake during the cycles - mind didn’t really wander like it has done when I tried SSILD at 4am - and after I was too awake to get back to sleep. Waking at 5am is quite unusual for me so I’ll keep trying for 5am (unless you advise otherwise).

Last night I think I was on the verge of an OBE again: I felt this energy and ringing in my head, I tried to go with it but nothing happened. Am I doing anything wrong?

Last night I had a burst of awareness but the dream collapsed almost instantly, and I ended up in a fuzzy state between sleep and being awake, only aware of my paralysed body. Am I getting closer?

Just something I wanted to share with you all:

Last week a very good friend of mine died, and I really couldn’t accept it. There was just so much I wanted to say to her. So I then I thought of lucid dreaming, and I wanted a quick result. So I thought, let’s try this easy sounding technique, SSILD.

And it worked better than I could have imagined. Woke up at 5, did the cycle 5 times and fell asleep straight into an LD. I called my friend and there she was. We had a good conversation and said goodbye. She really comforted me, told me I was the one who was sad, and that she never had any pain. Now I can finally move on. I promised not to go to her again.

I really want to thank the person who started this thread. I recommend it to all of you.

And, this is a great example of how LD’ing can help you with dealing with problems.

Really sorry for your loss. Congratulations with your success though!

Wow… Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us. We spent a great deal of effort to develop this technique, and your post single-handedly made all that feel worthwhile!

That’s a nice story. Thats pretty awesome, Wings.

Would a good way to awake the brain is use the bathroom and stare into the mirror for 30 seconds?

It’s hard to say, you need to try it and see. Maybe you’ll need to stay longer awake if this is not working…

Okay will try

Success! I had my first lucid dream. Only problem I experienced was going to sleep after getting up for the first time. I think it was caused by look outside my window which has a view of a bright lamp post.

EDIT: It was a DILD

Congratulation! :happy:

I wish I had’ve found this technique earlier. Very reliable, hassle free, always throws me into a dream in an interesting way.
I’ve only tried it for the past two days, but it’s worked both times. First time I just kind of appeared at the start of a dream, lucid, and thought “huh that’s weird”
Second time (last night) I did some weird OBE thing where I floated out of my body then was stretched and distorted. That was fun.

Just one problem. Though it’s not really a problem because I can still use this technique with it, but… when I get to the stage of doing the steps, concentrating on the things, I keep getting distracted. I always get a song stuck in my head and/or get really twitchy and have to move a bit. Any good ways to clear my head completely?

It’s 5 o clock in Hong Kong now and I am trying WBTB at this moment (not joking), what can I do?

Hi Golvellius,

Well if you ever practiced WILD you may stumble on the same problem. With SSILD this isn’t that a big of a problem. But if you want to get rid of it you need to practice how to clear your mind or how to stay calm in bed. You can do it, everybody can do it, it just takes time.

For clearing your mind meditation can help or you can use focusing techniques where you focus on one thing and you keep your awareness focused on that one thing, although I prefer passive observation technique where you try to become aware of as much things as you can but as you become aware of something you acknowledged it and let it go.

This 2 techniques might not seem like techniques that will help you clear your mind and you are right, there are techniques for clearing your mind but in my opinion with lucidity the key is awareness and those 2 techniques I mentioned do exactly that, they raise your general awareness and you might have WILD because you will acknowledge the change in your environment from hearing few sounds and body sensations to actually seeing whole dreamscapes and feeling them.

I hope I helped you a little bit but you should look into meditation and relaxing techniques…

Good luck! :content:

Thanks for the advice. The part of SSILD in which you concentrate on sounds always seems to help, so perhaps I should sit there and listen to the tinnitus for a bit to clear my head. Meditation would likely just put me to sleep.

Another question, I sleep like a drunk, so, do I have to stay completely still while doing the steps?
Since I always fall asleep when I try this earlier in the night (after 4 or 5 hours of sleep) I was thinking I could do it while moving some fingers or toes to keep myself awake until I’m done.
Oh, and can I do it while sitting up instead of lying down? That would help quiet these intrusive thoughts.

when i get an itch… i usually imagine as good as possible myself itching it

You can try adjust your schedule and the length of time to stay awake prior to doing the exercise. Not sure sitting up would work as that will prevent you from falling asleep. After all the goal is to be able to sleep quickly after, if not during, doing the exercise. You shouldn’t try to quiet down those random thoughts though. That’s the absolutely wrong thing to do with SSILD. Those thoughts are your friend.