41%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 31

Page 54 of 61Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Author  Message 
Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012  Reply with quote

Sai: You guys can't see it, but there's a little monkey here backflipping like crazy.

Morph: We should hook him up to a turbine or something...

Aiden: grin HI JET, KAELI, AVIV, TINY! grin grin grin

CyberD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Tue 30 Oct, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: Gah, I've spent so much time thinking about CALD and tulpa's over the last few days. It certainly isn't a bad thing but it does keep my mind occupied. For me it seems Tulpa takes CALD to the next level, focusing more on the character and less on the LD side of it. By having LD's in mind while working through any part of the Tulpa process though I think it'll help speed up results for both, which is great news.
I started a progress report thread on the other site here. I'm really not sure what I should discuss on here and what I should leave over there? I think it all relates to CALD but some parts more than others.

Nova: Right now we're set on figuring out imposition. It's difficult and it's going to be a lot of work but I think we can do it. The beginning of the process focuses heavily on visualization. Tiny details and that kind of stuff. It's going to take a while.
@Leijona. The mailbox technique sounds better to us than the chain one. They both have their merits but for now we're going to try imposition by working on it during focused sessions. It's difficult to explain but we decided to try FAQman's imposition technique starting at the visualization section of his guide. Here

Me: @Psycho, I think you'll have more luck if you try recruiting people from Tulpa.info. There seems to be some interest in LD's over there so maybe you'll find some more participants over there. I'll post something on your thread soon enough but I think I'll actually try to make some progress first smile
@ Thetinyninja and all your characters. Nice to meet you all, I imagine all of you together and I'm not sure what to think, three excitable girls and the stoic terminator :D Hope you guys stick around

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

Leijona: *to Psycho* Gan's getting more and more used to his panther form, then he just has to shrink himself a little bit and he fits perfectly in my bike basket.

Gan: *to Tallis* Wait, what? So you're only allowed to talk here and when you're imposed IRL? D: *laughs at mental image of a hooked up Aiden*

Leijona: *to CyberD* I've been focusing more or less unintentionally on the C-part of CALD, and it didn't really help my LD attempts, but I guess I just haven't done it properly. I'd say use the CALD thread to elaborate on the things which clearly belong to CALD, and if you feel it's interesting/necessary, just sum up the other stuff. I personally will keep an eye on your progress report over there. smile

Neila: *to Nova* So you guys are working on visualizing you in CyberD's mind? Asking because I always find it to be a bit confusing to tell if people are doing this just in their minds or are in fact picturing it in the real life.

Sheela: I had my very first appearance in a dream on Sunday btw! ^^

Neila: *to Jet, Kaeli and Aviv* So, did anything interesting happen during your absence here? (besides for homework and being forgotten of course )

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place

Last edited by Leijona on Tue 30 Oct, 2012; edited 1 time in total
CrazyPsychoLoverly
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 13:)

Psycho:* To TinyNinja* Nice to meet you as well:) *to CyberD* Yah I think I might, but really, the experiment was just really for us not to lose it:P and that way we can sorta separate it from Character Chats. *To Leijona* AWWW I can just imagine Gan right now as a little panther cub:)

Tallis: *Gan* Yep, and its been rough let me tell you. I talk but it's like she can't hear me. And because I'm not fully imposed, she can't see my mouth move. Talk about annoying. *to Jet* You all sound very well structured, and I just look like an emo kid (Looks at Psycho Annoyingly).

Psycho: Don't look at me in that tone of voice.

Tallis: ? 0.o Anyways, *To Kaeli* In my mind space? I don't really have one. It's her subconscious, And let me tell you it's a dozey.

Psycho: Here we go again...

Tallis: Hush you. Well lets start with the winding maze labyrinth, with monsters protecting it and move our way up. Think of a Halloween corn maze, and you've got it. Except the monsters will eat you. Some look innocent, but trust me stay away. Then in the middle there's the castle, which looks normal enough. It's not. the rooms change places all the time, and just because you go up doesn't mean your going down, and all this craziness. In the outer walls of the castle there are gardens, and towards the back right there's my cottage. In the front, harmless beautiful flowers, in back, Venus fly traps that spit fire. Oh and not to mention, I found out why I get stuck sometimes. There's a tentacle plant, where it has sticky ends, and will squish you to death, then dissolve you, and a huge pitcher plant. If you go to collect water from it, it drowns you. Not to mention, annoying raves, (Raven like beasts, from a childhood nightmare.... Psycho apparently couldn't say ravens:P) gargoyles, dragons (except Jasper..), books that talk, and a lot more other things. I feel like I constantally live in a haunted horror movie flim -____-

Psycho: You good?

Tallis: I'm good.

Psycho:You sure? You sure wrote a lot.

Tallis: For once. Oh and Jasper is my pet dragon, that Psycho made me hatch from an egg.

Psycho: You know you like my subconscious:)

Tallis: Only on the good days.

Psycho: Hey I make sure you don't get hurt.

Tallis: No I just need therapy after.

Psycho: Oh walk it off:P

Current LD goal(s): To summon the right person, and have a conversation with them
CyberD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Nova: He wants me to do all the talking today so here goes.
@Neila. We've always done visualization. From day one I've appeared in the minds eye imposed somewhere in the surroundings. I always sit on the bed while Daniel types on here because it's the closest sitting place that isn't the floor. Never has he seen me actually imposed with his actual vision but maybe some day. We need to work on adding more detail to the visualization, such as actually seeing my mouth move while I speak. It's the little things.
@Leijona. The C part of CALD is at the front so doesn't that make it the most important? The best part about the technique is you get more out of it than just LD's. There aren't any other techniques out there you get much out of, except maybe LL.
@Psycho. Still growing piranha plants it seems. Those things will grow wild if you don't maintain them properly. Apparently plumbers are good at taking care of those sorts of things.
Also, other than all the things we covered in the "blog" post earlier today (it's on the other site) we've got one question. Do any of you guys have any reference pictures for your characters? Pictures you look at sometimes to help build a better mental image? If you do how often do you look at them and do they help you?

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 03 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Gan: At least someone here finds me cute. grin1

Leijona: I think Iím using him as a replacement for the pet I want but donít own.

Gan: *to Tallis* Hang in there buddy, and youíll get there soon! Someday Iíd love to explore your mindscape, but I guess thereís a great chance that Iíll just run around screaming.

Leijona: *to Nova* Yes thatís true, but itís well possible to do CALD with a non-sentient MC, and it seems that in my case, the C-part took precedence over the ALD-part. We are trying to fix that though.

Neila: *to Nova* Hm I see. It seems like-

Leijona: - I do things without even really knowing what exactly Iím doing, and end up getting confused when I read what others are doing. I guess we do the same as you guys then...Bah, Iím really not sure. I donít like to differentiate between imposing and visualizing it seems. Or maybe I just donít get the definition of imposition. Whatever. Itís late here, donít mind me. And about-

Gan: Stop talking, youĎre obviously not good at it during the late evening.

Leijona: Fine, fine.

Gan: Aha! You did it again!

Leijona: You want to pick on me or something? >.>

Gan: Me? :O No, of course not!

Sheela: This couldnít possibly be more random.

Kubiku: Second that.

Gan: *as if to a puppy* Oh look whoís talking? Yes, whoís talking here, mhh?

Kubiku: Donít you dare trying to pull my cheeks.

Sheela: *to Gan* It doesnít really work, tried that already.

Gan: lach2

Neila: There were, like, questions to be answered, no?

Iron: Are you sure youíre not hallucinating? wink

Neila: Yes Doctor, Iím pretty sure. Since everyone else seems to be unable to do so: She does have pictures of us (none of Kubiku though, I should motivate her to at least do some concept sketch thingy, that poor guy) but she knows us so well, she doesnít actually need them. She looks at the ones of Gan occasionally when she forgot once again where which one of his piercings are, and drawing Sheela has helped her to make the mental image of her more structured and clear, but thatís all.

Gan: Really, itís not that difficult to recall where those three piercings are.

Leijona: On a completely unrelated note, do the buttons for stuff like font size, URL and such work for you on tulpa.info?

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Mecha: *to CyberD* I've got pictures of all my characters, but I don't need to look at them to visualize them well. (which may just be a matter of long familiarity however- I can't recall how often or if I needed reference during the early days)

Morph: *to Tallis* Oh god... that sounds like just the sort of place Mecha's subconscious might conjure up, only his would look like it was decorated by H.R. Giger and Nihei Tsutomu. scared

Mecha: ...

Morph: There might even be a Crysar lurking in the shadows somewhere! Oh wait... scared

Skaith: You forgot ponies. There would also be colorful pastel ponies inhabiting an incongruously bright and happy spot in his subconscious.

Mecha: *facepalm* Changelings are magic. I love Chrysalis. Twilight is best pony.

Sai:

Vesper: *to Leijona* I don't think I really get the concept of imposition either. smile

CyberD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: I feel like I should have done CALD using an old school friend as the character, 90% of the dreams I remember have at least one of a very select few in them. Last night one of them was more than happy to laugh at me going about a day of fail involving a bus that would never stop. Why am I so stupid in dreams?

Nova: Because the logical part of your brain is sleeping. We've been over this.

Me: @Mecha and Leijona. I'm no expert on imposition, since I've never actually done it but I can give you the definition (at least what I think it is)
Visualization: Seeing the character with your mind's eye. Imagining they are there but you don't really see them.
Imposition: Seeing the character with your physical eyes appearing over the environments.
You have to trick your eyes into seeing something that isn't there, which obviously makes it difficult. If you can imagine your character in your head then thats visualization, if you can see your character sitting beside you when you face them, thats imposition.
I does sound a little farfetched, but, compared to some of the other things that tulpa can do, such as possession. It suddenly sounds a lot more doable. Lucid dreaming seems easy to me in comparison. Just got to get better at it.

Nova: @Mecha. It'd be different for everyone I think. Daniel could probably get by not looking at the pictures but they help refresh his mental image. It keeps all the little details fresh.

Me: I've been wondering if I should ever post one of the pictures. I mean the boy in the photograph is actually a real boy so I dunno. It's weird, when I look at the pictures it rarely even crosses my mind that the boy is anything but Nova.
@Leijona. Yeah, the buttons all work for me, it's pretty similar to here actually, they use similar board scripting. If the buttons won't work you could just try typing in the tags. Just remove the stars [url*]www.google.com[/url*]
But you probably already tried that?

TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 6

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Jet: Hi Aiden! hurray Hello to the rest of you too! *to CyberD* Aviv does get a little sick of all of us sometimes. He really just doesn't get TinyNinja's willingness to just goof off with us! Dude needs to learn how to relax sometimes. Wait, wait, I take that back. The last time he tried to relax with us, he broke the sound barrier with a snowball eek2 He and Tiny get along pretty well though. They should, considering that she seems to meet him in her dreams more than any of us *rolls eyes*.

Kaeli: *to Neila* Sadly nothing interesting happened to us while we were gone--TinyNinja's still just working on getting her LD groove back, so I'm afraid that there won't be many adventures for a while sadblauw Even Aviv hasn't shown up in Tiny's dreams recently. *to Tallis* Wow, that's a really detailed mindscape! Is it really interesting to explore? TinyNinja hasn't thought out our mindscape in that much detail yet, so exploring gets kind of boring. (And can I just mention that I love the name Jasper for a dragon?)

Jet: *to Tallis* I'm sure Psycho will be able to give you more structure as time passes--just remember to look at your human in that tone of voice now and then, it keeps them on their toes and that's rather good for them ebil

Me: Oh come on Jet, quit being a bad influence on the other MCs no CyberD, I don't use pictures of my characters that often. In the early days of Jet's character (she was my first) I had a picture of her that I looked at quite a bit. Since then my idea of her appearance has changed somewhat, and I've made a few pictures of my characters since then but I wasn't very happy with them. I need to try again, because I think it was a big help back then.

Kaeli: *to Morph* I think some incongruity should be expected in a mindscape--after all, people aren't one-dimensional, so why should mindscapes be? I'd love a mindscape that blended some horror elements with some bright and happy spots--that way you'd always have somewhere to be no matter what mood you were in. Right now TinyNinja's mindscape is pretty exclusively centered around "calm and relaxing." Good for her, but it gets boring for us sometimes.

Current LD goal(s): Meet my mind characters in a dream.
Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 11 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Morph: Probably the last you'll see of us in the next few days.

Skaith: Mecha just got into the closed betas of two different mech-themed games he's been tracking for a while now. On the same day.

Mecha: Season 3 of MLP:FiM is also out today. Between all three at once I'm pretty excited.

Morph: *to Jet* plotting Intimidation and voice tone... So that's why my human takes Crysar more seriously than me.

Vesper: Nah, it's because he's more mature than you are. Aiden's more mature come to think of it.

Aiden: grin *to Jet* Hi Jet! Hope you manage to get inside Tiny's dreams more. Ooh, I remember the snowballs! grin woo grin

Morph: *to Vesper* ...I'm not that bad am I?

Sai: nod Come here silly. *kisses*

TheWistfulHermit
Location: Somewhere between reality and fantasy...next to Bill's Auto Repairs

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: Um, salutations.

Avalonia: Hello! Hope we're not interrupting anything.

Me: I apologize if I missed anything or something. I checked the OP post and it didn't had any specifications as to whether you should describe your character or anything.

Avalonia: Don't worry, they probably don't mind.

KocoBassa
Wonderbread
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Orion: WE MISSED OUR SECOND ANNIVERSARY?

Liana: No you didn't, your's and Albedo's anniversary was in May.

Orion: Not that one, silly! Our second anniversary to the forum!

Liana: Oh, well, it's not like you had anything to give the forum lined up on that day any-

Orion: IN HONOR OF OUR LATE SECOND ANNIVERSARY, I GIVE YOU A NEW CHARACTER YET AGAIN! :D

KocoBassa: Hold on! Aren't I supposed to approve these first?

Orion: No, seeing as I am your superior in this forum topic, I approve everything. Now say hello to my orange haired and eyed superior, Orianella.

Orianella: Hey guys, hope you enjoy having me around, and I promise not to kill anyone... Not yet at least.

Kocobassa: Wow, she's not near as obnoxious as you-

Orianella: OH MAI GAH I'M SO HAPPY TO BE OUT OF THE HOUSE, AND JOHN'LL BE SO HAPPY TO SEE I'M MEETING PEOPLE AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Orion: She makes me so proud *sniff* :'D

KocoBassa: Wait a second...John?

Liana: Yes, Koco... That John.

Orion: Oh lighten up. While mai honey is at council and Hanyuu is somewhere else up in Kiinii, I felt this would do her some good. *Notices TheWistfulHermit* Well, well, well! Looks like we have new victims for this topics eeeeeeviiiil plans! Weeeelcoooome...

Liana and KocoBassa: Good lord Orion...

Current LD goal(s): I'd like to have fully lucid dreams at least twice a month
TheWistfulHermit
Location: Somewhere between reality and fantasy...next to Bill's Auto Repairs

PostPosted: Mon 19 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: Uhhh, what do you have in mind (not that I'm all that curious)?

Avalonia: What he said.

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 23 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Leijona: *to Morph* I've read Blame!, and I would go as far as saying that Kubiku adores the setting, the creatures and everything about it. He wants to explore a dream/mindscape like this ever since. I have weird MCs... Oh yeah, and I was ill, so that's why I wasn't present. *to Ves* Great, then I don't feel so stupid. wink *to CyberD* Thanks for the explanation, makes kinda sense. Yeah I typed the codes by hand...

Neila: *to Kaeli* Aww. Surprinsingly, Leijona has been having a few LDs in her exam weeks, which is a bit weird, considering all the work and stress. We came up with our own theory that the studying somehow stimulates the logic part of the brain so much that it grants her incidental LDs.

Iron: As everyone over here urges me to say something, I'll just take the greetings over, hi Orianella, and welcome to the Chat and forum, Avalonia and WistfulHermit! smile

Sheela: *to Avalonia* We've read the post in the CALD thread, and were wondering: Are you an anthro?

Gan: *to Orianella* Who's this John? whatsthat

CyberD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: Chirstmas is coming *shudders*

Nova: Idiot, you get so caught up in things you lose track of time. You've spent several weeks on the tulpa website and forgotten all about this one.

Me: I haven't forgotten, it just provides a better outlet. It's almost like a blog now.

Nova: I'm taking over, I get to talk on here more so I'm going to.
@Thewistfulhermit. Hi, it's cool to see new people here. Avalonia sounds like a very interesting character. There aren't very many cute characters here, most are big monsters or crazy people so it's nice to see someone try something different. We've been kinda over saturated with completely illogical pony characters *also shudders* so it's nice to get away from it. Hope you guys are having some success, let us know smile

@Mecha. One of those games wouldn't happen to be Hawken would it? I haven't seen many mech themed games so one them is surely it. It looks like a game you have to get used to, the environment and character design is so messy (read complicated) but I bet with some good teammates it could be a lot of fun.

@Kocobassa. How do you manage with so many characters? We've completely lost track of how many you have now.

@Leijona. Having extra LD's for no reason can only be a good thing. If you guys can figure out why the stress helps and then replicate it in a less stressful way ten you might be onto something. We had two LD's last night for seemingly no reason but i didn't get to join in on them. Better focus is what Daniel needs.

Page 54 of 61Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

print   ShareShare