What Book Are You Reading? - Part IX

:meh: Mandatory Academic Reading: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and How the Other Half Lives by Jacob A. Riis.
…I have yet to read the Fang book of the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson or reread Kung Fu High School by Ryan Gattis

I just finish reading “Closer To The Light” by Melvin Morse,Paul Perry, and Raymond A. Moody.
It was an interesting book, it’s about some people who had seen a light as they go through near death experience.

I’ve been reading William Gibson’s Neuromancer on and off for the past few months. So far, I like it.

Fisherman’s children - The innocent mage. Karen Miller.

Actually just about to finish that one, 10 pages left! It’s the fourth and final book of the serie :3.

Loved the book, as well as the serie <3. Though the third book was not that good in my opinion :tongue:.

That was a good book, I remember reading it a few years back!

I am currently re-reading The Bartimaeus Trilogy. One of my favourites, I highly recommend it if you’re into science fiction/fantasy.

I just started the Dark Tower series, did anybody enjoy it?

Im in the middle of “Name of the wind” anybody else here read that book?

so far it is really awesome for me :smile:

I’m reading this teen novel I just HAD to buy because it was called “Lucid”. Yep, I’m that cheesy xD Didn’t mention lucid dreaming until chapter eleven though. It’s interesting so far, I’m curious to see how it will play out.

I’m reading The Lord Of The Rings by JRR Tolkien

Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz. I love the Odd Thomas books for the casual snarkiness in them. “Alarmed, I got to my feet, as I always do when a building begins to glow inexplicably.” It’s all in the first person, and makes you think “Hmm, this character sure has a way with words”.

The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. I will finish reading it tonight :wink:

I recently read The Wars by Timothy Findley. It was school-required reading, but it was quite interesting. Deals with how war destroys a person (and is slightly biographical of the author’s uncle in WWI)

Amazing book. Surprisingly graphic (sexually) for a high school novel. Never had an interest in war history until I read it.

Also, I finally returned to reading the Hitchhiker’s series. On book 4 now. Then Catch-22. Then Catcher in the Rye. Then… well, who knows.

finished- Finding Satan by Andrew Neiderman, last night.
starting- false memory by Dean Koontz, today.

I’m really interested in reading this too. I read another Lucid Dreaming book called ‘Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self’ by Robert Waggoner. It’s a great book :smile:

Currently though, I’m reading ‘Handbook of the Navigator’ by Eric Pepin. He goes into the sixth sense, connecting with our intuition, and uses simple analogies to explain the often forgotten or ignored reality of the Universe, and who we are exactly.

I could go on about it, but I will keep it short and simple and if that small description sparks an interest. Check it out for yourself, I would highly recommend this book to anyone :smile:

Currently re-reading:

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead

Currently reading:

Exile - The Legend of Drizzt book 2 - R.A Slvatore

Currently starting on:

The Secret Garden

I’m re-reading The Roar and The Hunger Games.

Two of my favorites right there :razz:

Right now, I’m reading The Kitab-I-Aqdas: The Most Holy Book.

I’m also studying a few computer science books. But I don’t think they count. lol

A Tale of Two Cities, and just finished The Scarlet Letter

I am reading:
“Love” by Chuck Smith
“That Hideous Strength” by C. S. Lewis
“Ender’s Game” Orson Scott Card

I just finished reading this book called Spontaneous Evolution, by Bruce Lipton and Steve Bhaerman. It was a really interesting read, especially if you’re into movements like Zeitgeist, and there was a part that could relate to LDing, when they write about how we are “programmed” with a bunch of self-destructive behaviors by the people who raise us where we are young, and because they get ingrained in our subcounscious, they are quite hard to root them out. I am not sure if the authors are familiar with LDing, but I felt like it would be one of the ways to uprooting these behavior at an older age.

It was also a very spiritual book, which believed our next step in evolution is to lear n to cooperate and merge as an organism called Humanty, and they made quite a few fair points using knowledge from several areas.

(I loved it a lot, especially gonna use it and more LDing also as research for the book I want to write.)

I really want to reread Neil Gaiman’s Sandman (WHICH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO EVERYONE HERE) now, but my Neil Gaiman collection is faaar far away :cry: