Lucidity Challenge 36: Winner- HeadInTheClouds! Congrats!

1. EllyEve, 5 minutes, interview a DC
  2. Leijona, 3 minutes, go to a “ghost town”
  3. MagykKatte, 5 minutes, time-travel
  4. Thorn, 4 minutes, control a fifth limb
  5. Loah, 10 minutes, interact with mysterious twin sister.
  6. HeadInTheClouds, 3 minutes, Ask my reflection in the mirror “who is the fairest of. them all?”
  7. Dragonmind, 3:00, spawn at least 3 objects
  8. elnaureth, 5 minutes, bring back a musical composition
    9 Nicklebrick, 30 minutes, Find something in a Lucid Dream that does not exist in WL but can be created.
  9. zz, 4 minutes, visit another planet.
  6. HeadInTheClouds, 3 minutes, Ask my reflection in the mirror “who is the fairest of. them all?”
    9 Nicklebrick, 30 minutes, Find something in a Lucid Dream that does not exist in WL but can be created.
  10. DaveTheJoker, 1 minute, talk to a DC about lucid dreaming

I know I bailed last time, but this time I’m bringin’ it for the real deal!

11. fennecgirl, 3 minutes, fly the TARDIS

OK, we hit the magic number! I’ll get the first task up on Wednesday since I don’t want to wait all the way until next Sunday. We still have room for 7 more in the meantime if anyone else is interested.

12. StarryGwee, 6 mins, ask a DC bout their first memory/or where they came from

The first task will be up later tonight, so everyone get ready! To get you guys ready, let me give you a quote from the first LC I hosted :content:

The first task will be up tonight at 05:00 GMT (that’s 5:00am on a twelve hour clock; 12 am EST for those of us in the USA)

12. StarryGwee, 6 mins, ask a DC bout their first memory/or where they came from
  13. drow, 10 minutes, meet elves

Alright people, it’s time to get started!

Task 1- Journey to the Center of the Earth!

What is actually beneath our feet? Dirt? Rocks? Layers of magma and an iron core? Or… or is it possible something else is down there?

Now is the time to find out! Your first task is to make your way to the core of our planet. But going to the center is only part of the fun. There are so many things you could find on the way. Mole men, lost civilizations, clues to the start of life on Earth… the possibilities are endless!

Sure, you could transport your way to the core, but what’s the fun without the journey? You could make it in a lot of different ways. Maybe you’ll explore an extensive cave system, or perhaps you’ll invent a giant drilling machine.

Make your way underground: +20pts
Reach the center of the planet: +30pts
Find a lost/unkown species or civilization: +20pts
Find additional lost/unkown species or civilizations: +5pts per tick
Travel through the core to the other side of the planet: +15pts

Remember, I am giving creativity bonuses as well. In this task I am looking for the most creative way to get to the center, but you could also earn points for anything else that catches my eye!

Almost somewhere this time! I got as far as massively speeding through a jungle by using soap shoes to grind on the vines. I almost reached a cave when my alarm woke me up to start reading 8 plays… I’m tired at this moment.

Almost forgot! There was this small and really wierd chewbacca that was in front of me. It turned around and it’s head came off and ran away!
Genuinely freaked me out like the swamp monsters in Sly Cooper and the Thievous Raccoonus!

Edit: The dream lasted 1 minute, but I only remember 30 seconds.

Edit 2: The parts I remember are the LD parts, so yes, an LD!

Not sure if I’m supposed to paste here or not.

[community.ld4all.com/t/drow/38336/5)

Just a short LD.

Dragonmind, was that an LD?

And yes drow, this is the right place :smile:

OK ^^

WBTB after 4.5h of sleep, stayed awake for about 20 minutes, failed WILD after getting to a deep trance. I’m on the balcony of my previous house in Poland and get spontaneously lucid almost immediately. I fly out, make a slow circle over the yard and very satisfied with the vividness and lucidity. No difficulty getting above the rooftop level. Wondering how the roofs will look like from above, so flying at about 30-40 metres above the ground. They have a slightly mismatched side texture with windows spaced on a grid. I easily remember the Lucid Challenge. I continue flying around the neighbourhood for a few more minutes being quite amazed that all the buildings from real life are there and wondering how to access the center of the earth. I decide I should find an access either from a cellar of one of the buildings (I like those cellars IRL), but then I thought I’ll find an elevator in one of the garages. I land next to one of them and it turns out to be the community rubbish dump building. I decide it isn’t anymore, and that it has an elevator that will take me to the center of the earth. I go inside and press a wall next to me pretending it to be a switch. I hear a creaking sound and a rectangular part of the floor on which I’m standing begins to descend. The elevator was painfully slow, took about 10-15 seconds to move 1 meter down. Also it’s quite dark and I feel I might get close to the end of the dream (being in one small dark place just waiting doesn’t help), so I start rubbing hands focusing on them, and touching and licking walls to get sensory input from the dream to stabilise it. It seems to work, but the elevator is still going painfully slow, so I decide to accelerate time until it’s done. On the bottom I find a very long well-lit tunnel. About 10m across, at least 100-200m long. I run along it curious where it leads to. I don’t run too fast because I want the dream to be very stable now. At the end there’s a door to an underground train station. First I noticed 2 sets of tracks and 1 platform, but the dream must have glitched because after a while there were 3 sets of tracks and 2 platforms (I was standing on the left one looking from where I came). It’s quite busy and new trains are coming and going every minute. Each has a weird name indicated on the front (one of them was John Cash). I’m amazed that I found a train station in the center of the earth, and think it must be quite big if it needs a transport system like that! I spend a few minutes looking at the trains seeing if any has a destination I’d like to go to. I notice (name hidden) from high school and start talking to him. He has Marvin’s vibes and starts talking about programming. He starts to tell me what commands I should type, but it makes no sense and he realises that as well. I don’t remember the commands, but I think they were supposed to work using the LD API of the mind. The commands used place and time as some of the arguments. I feel I’m about to wake up, so I stop the talk and focus on remembering everything and staying aware in case I get a FA. Woke up. ~20 minutes total, high lucidity all the time, high vividness all the time except the elevator bit.

I had a short LD last night due to noise outside seeping into my dream. A later ND was one degree of separation away from remembering the task – maybe next time. :smile:

I went underground through a cone in a ND. Ended up at some party with a whole lot of people.

I had a lucid moment last night.

I was lucid for about half a minute last night.

Was lucid for about 5 minutes this morning. Didn’t remember the challenge though.

Medium LD, no tasks accomplished (curse you alarm clock).

I had a medium LD with no tasks accomplished this morning, but it did have one of the most exhilarating dream flights I’ve ever had so I’m satisfied. :smile: