Lucidity Challenge 36: Winner- HeadInTheClouds! Congrats!

Yippee, I had a somewhat short LD! 4-5 mins

I got lucid from my time RC, the time changed from 8:57 to 8:75. Once I was lucid the dream got all hazy and unstable, so I rubbed my hands together without panicking until it was stable again. Then, I proceed to run/jump out of my house and fly around in the sky. I noticed some odd DC at my front door trying to break in, I try to form a fireball with my hands together to shoot at him, but it didn’t really work… He turned around to see me and mimicked my action.
I decided he was just wasting my time. So I thought of what I wanted to do in the dream, the LC came to mind. My plan was to drill a large hole into the ground and place a bomb into it to blast the way to the center. So I flew up into space where I could see the entire earth, I was trying to find a good place to drill. While I was up there looking at the Earth, texts appeared next too each continent just like a map. I found an area that was circular in shape, and next to some ____ ____ springs. Can’t remember what it was called now. So I flew back down, but I ended up waking up.

Wait so these ‘challenges’ are how you get the quest bar on your profile? im new so… what is it?

No, that would be the monthly Quest. You can find that at the top of Lucid Adventures. You do, however, get bonus points if you do the Quest during the LC.

The LC is more of a way to challenge yourself and find motivation/goals for your lucid dreams. Even though we have started, we’re not at 20 spots yet so you can join, but you will be behind by a week.

Task 2- Christmas Lights!

Do you think I’d really let a Christmas time LC go by without exploiting the Holiday seasons :tongue:?

I love Christmas lights. In fact, going around and finding the house with the best display is one of my favorite family traditions. The bright colors, intricate designs and holiday cheer really show me that it is most definitely Christmas time!

Now, take all that color and creativity and add in lucid dreaming. The possibilities are endless! What I want for this task is to see your best designs! You’ve got a lot to work with, so go ahead, impress me. Remember, these don’t have to be just electric lights or anything with bulbs. You could illuminate things from your own will, create impossible light sources or even change the very stars to add to your display!

If you don’t celebrate Christmas, that’s perfectly time. Now is still a great time to show off your creativity with any other kind of display as well. Add in something of your own Holiday tradition, I’d be interested to see what you can come up with.

Also, it’s time for a little Christmas bonus. I’ve had a present special wrapped and delivered right into your dreams. Find my present, open it up and see what’s inside. I’m sure it’ll be perfect for you. Of course, I love seeing people happy, so make sure I’m there to see it for myself (my avatar is perfectly fine, but as long as you know the DC is me, that’s all I’m looking for).

Make your very own light display: +20pts
Add in decorations for your Holiday of choice: +15 pts
For every additional unique display you make in a single dream: +10pts per tick

[center]BONUS
ONLY AVAILABLE WHILE THIS IS THE CURRENT TASK
[/center]
Find my present to you and open it (it must be wrapped!): +50pts
Receive it from me directly: +20pts

I’ll have current standings up soon!

I had a dream last night that might be applicable to the christmas lights… I don’t know, but it was pretty spactacular. Medium LD

[community.ld4all.com/t/loahs-realm-dream-journal/38035/31)

and i’m not sure if this morning counts or not, since the task was posted today…

@loah the task had to be posted before you went to sleep.

I respect her integrity!

I had a medium LD lasting about 3 minutes. I completed my personal task. I asked my reflection in the mirror who was the fairest of them all, but my reflection only gave me a smirk. I thought I would get something more exciting. I attempted the Quest of the month, but I couldn’t find or summon a present. Oh well. :sigh:

I had a very short lucid and had very little control. Hopefully I will be more successful tomorrow morning.

[spoiler]The parking security guy at my old high school stopped me as I was getting ready to leave and go meet my parents at home so we could go out to dinner or something. He looked at my driver’s license and told me I needed some kind of thing and I said that I had graduated and I needed to leave and he eventually let me go, but I was already late. As I get into the car to leave, the dream begins to fade and I become lucid for a short moment I became lucid—I tried to move but I couldn’t and I lose lucidity as I slipped into the next dream. A missed DEILD chance for sure…

I was walking into this building. It looked like the front of a Wal-Mart. I came in looking for the restaurant that I was supposed to meet my parents at.

The next thing I knew I was in a restaurant and we were waiting to be fed. As we sat in the booth, this annoying fat black lady kept putting her arm over the back of the booth. My mom asked her to stop several times, but she refused and the restaurant called security and threw the entire violating group out. The young lady who was doing our waitressing said something to us; I don’t remember what, but soon after we left. We ended up in the Wal-Mart store again, my parents got a couple of things to buy, and then we attempted to buy them with these automatic checkout machines but they were being screwy. As we attempted this, we saw or lovely young waitresses walk out into the night. We walked through a door at the foyer of the building and found a room that looked like a hotel lobby, there was my grandma there, and my aunt. [/spoiler]

I just want to ask anyone can participate yea? But not this time anymore. I have to wait for next challenge?

I totally forgot! That dream i posted earlier completed my personal goal of interacting with my dream twin.

I had another medium LD last night, with more winged flying. Despite not counting the last such LD for my personal goal (control a fifth limb), I will count this one for it, as I finally had some proprioception and I feel that I could claim control of the wings only if I could know where they were.

Sorry for the late reply. We still have spots so you can still join, just make sure you post like in the sign-ups :smile:

Considering it’s Christmas and none of you have gotten any presents from me, I’m going to extend this Task through next Wednesday. Merry Christmas :razz:

I had an LD this morning where I only accomplished the part of recieving and exchanging gifts with you. :razz:

The lucid dream itself was quite long, probably 10-15 mins. I went back to sleep in the morning after waking up with about an hr more to sleep. I dreamt of being driven by my older brother (irl, he can’t drive), and on a very unfamiliar road. What struck me lucid was the fact that the sky looked a little odd, animated almost. I performed two hand RCs to confirm.

I left the car to do the LC task, but I had a FM of the task being to ride the USS Enterprise from Star Trek. :razz: So I pretty much imagined up the ship and got to actually sit in the captain’s seat, I also met with Spock and he was really tall for some reason. I didn’t forget about the part of the task to find my gift. So I tried to find you and just imagined you behind a set of doors on the ship, you made an epic entrance by emerging from the darkness as a shiny green scaled dragon/human. Everyone on the ship was really afraid of you aha. I gave you a quick hug and told you I was StarryGwee and as soon as we parted from the hug I saw a silver wrapped up package on a table. I opened it to find a red cloak, then I gave you a gift back. I ended up spending the rest of the dream making gifts for DCs in low lucidity.

Had a very short LD.

Ever since I started this LC, I’ve been having a dry spell of LD. :cry: I guess I will have to start trying to WILD again.

I had a short LD halfway through sleeping last night, later followed by a lucid moment at the end of sleep.

Another extremely short LD.

I had a short LD where I created 3 Christmas light displays and tried to find Rhewin, but woke up before I could find him. (This happened more than a week ago; I’m really behind in my record keeping.)

Last night I had a long LD where I tried to find a new composition, but it didn’t come out well and I couldn’t remember much of it when I woke up. I’m going to keep trying.

This dream wasn’t lucid, but it was… remembered, which is more than I can say for so many dreams this year!

And I did interview a DC. It was actually quite sweet, I think. It was of my high school teacher that I used to have a such a huge crush on, and the sort-of interview was about this person’s wedding and dream me was completely okay with it, no jealousy or anything, and when the interviewer asked how I was doing hearing all of this, I even made the remark that, “I like to hear more about your life. What flowers did you have at your wedding?” For some reason, the interviewee couldn’t answer that last part. And I’d get question right back, like how old I was by now. Dream-me was very moved to remain a teen, so the answer was nineteen, even though I’m actually twenty-something :dingy:

Nothing Yule-themed, pity.