My Dreams aren't exciting

Hey guys,
so actually my problem is, that in my dreams there isn’t any Dreamspecific stuff like superpowers or skills or any things that can’t be in real life.
It all began, when I was about to research things for LD. I didn’t started like all with different techniques but with my Dream Reall, Dream Journal and Reality checks.
I started to really recall a few dreams each night. I realised that they aren’t really “unnormal” or “non Reallife” like. They ARE like RL ! They have different storys but these storys could happen just like that in RL.
I remember, before I started to invest time in LD , I could remember some dreams, that weren’t like RL. I had different powers and it wasn’t like RL.
And now I want to ask you, what this may be and how I could get really exciting and nonRL like dreams. Of course I want to be just once Lucid. But first I need to get over this problem.

Greets from Germany :wink:

Hi there,

Well, what are you doing on your free time?

Are you watching any TV show?

Do you play video games?

If your dreams are like RL, try to put some Fantastic in your real life :content:
Do something unusual, that you would normally never do.

Like spending your night watching SF movies and then go to bed thinking about thoses, that usually works for me.

Actually this week I was in school or in front of my PC, but last weekend we made some funny things and in other freetime I do stuff like Freerunning (flips).
I think my live is (actually) exciting enough. But I will try your tipp as soon as I can :wink:

Well, a dream doesn’t have to be exciting to be full of dreamsigns. Even when my dreams aren’t fun per se, I still notice, upon waking, that many things were different than they are IRL.

For instance, once I became lucid in a dream where I was folding laundry with my girlfriend. What could be more boring? We were folding laundry and putting it away in our closet when I noticed a window in our walk-in closet. I knew IRL that we didn’t have a window in our closet, so I became lucid, burst through the ceiling and went flying.

So a dream can be normal, mundane and boring and still lead to lucidity—it all depends on how activated your attention, working memory, and ability to make sense is during sleep.

You have a natural flow of curiosity and excitement towards your own mind and dreams, the trick is to discover how every dream can be exciting because every dream is an intimate look into the vast living being that is your own mind. Every little feature in a dream can be a significant element to understanding yourself better. The more you try to understand these elements the better you become at translating the language of the mind. The better you become at translating the language of the mind the more you can understand yourself. The more you understand yourself the more likely it is that you unlock abilities that exist within the unknown parts of your mind.