How long?

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to have a lucid dream for a few months (since early September) and am just wondering, ‘How long is this going to take?’

I’ve done WBTB every night/morning for over a month, i’ve tried MILD and do a reality check every time my digital watch beeps on the hour. I’ve kept a dream journal ever since I started trying and my dream recall has been up and down, but it’s gradually getting more stable and most nights I remember one or more dreams. Despite all this i’ve never had a lucid dream, the closest i’ve ever had to having the theme of lucid dreaming in my dreams was being on this forum in a brief dream I remembered.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process, I know it requires patience and i’m not going to stop trying but I hope to have a lucid dream before 2013, that’s 11 days away and everyday my aim becomes less and less likely.

it took me about 8 month to have a full blown LD. some people take very naturally to it, and are successful right away, sometimes it can take years.

my hindrance was the technique i was trying was not the right technique for me.
my unsolicited advice would be mix it up!

continue the rc’s, but do them randomly, you may be training your mind only to dc when your watch chimes, which may or may not happen in a dream. i poke my palm so frequently during the day i do not even realize i am doing it most the time…if rc’s are second nature Irl, they will be in dream life as well.

i would suggest, that perhaps once a week you try a new technique, or a variation of what you are doing currently.

remember, you are training your mind to ignore a lifetime of habit by introducing an entirely new style of dreaming that it is not accustomed to, and that takes a lot of time and hard work.

stick with iT! Your efforts will be rewarded during your first LD, no matter how long it take to get there!

I started with lucid dreaming 9 month ago, but i got my first fully stabilized and long LD this morning, so yeah, it can took a long time, keep trying :smile:

Thanks for the advice, i’ll try some new techniques every so often, mix up my RC’s and keep trying