Tibetan dream yoga

I’m beginning dream yoga. I’m wondering if anyone else here practices it and what the results were.

Isn’t that just another name for lucid dreaming?

No. Dream yoga is more like a lifestyle. It is living lucidly and when you live lucidly you start getting lucid dreams at night. And practicing dream yoga includes meditation and some other practices while falling asleep.

Incidentally, I’m just reading the book also, but I find it a bit hard to connect to the excercises, since I have some basic disagreements with buddhism (the whole escape from samsara thing, I’m more of a roots type and I love this physical plane…). Still, it’s a very interesting read. I think I might appropriate at least some of his teks.

One of the things i like about dream yoga is that you can practice from the time you go to bed until you wake up in the morning. Alot of the western techniques seem to make it that you have to sleep six hours first or wait until sometime until you wake up during the night. The buddhist aspect is no problem for me. I find buddhism interesting. The whole practice of dream yoga is really rewarding. I’ve been doing it and been having really vivid and long dreams. I feel i’m definitely progressing along the path nicely.

Taika-Kim (and everyone else) – Which book are you referring to? I had never heard of dream yoga until I read this thread. I’m about to start reading The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep.

I read this book. It is really worth reading it.

Tibetan Buddhism is very inspiring and I read a lot about it. The idea of dream yoga is to eventually be able to become aware of the dreamlike bado state you’re in after your current physical body has stopped functioning. In order to recognise this specific bado state, one has to practice a lot. I still can’t even remember “ordinary” dreams though, let alone lucid ones, let alone … Nevertheless this practice of heightened consciousness is extremely interesting.

Anyone who becomes seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that there is a spirit manifest in the laws of the universe, a spirit vastly superior to that of man.
– Albert Einstein

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
– Max Planck (father of quantum physics)

[mod]Stacked posts edited together… if you want to add to what you posted, you can use the “edit” button in the top-right corner of your post :tardis:[/mod]