WILD but keep falling asleep?

It’s not even that I’m very tired, I go to bed and get into my regular position, I zone out. Then tune back in a bit later and my body is numb (not paralyzed yet), then I try and focus on something such as my breathing. But I end up falling asleep, I haven’t ever reached a full paralysis before. I know WILD is hard for beginners, but I like the numb feeling, and effects that com with it. Any help and tips would be great :content:

Practice! The way you’re going with enjoying the experience is the best way to go in my opinion, although do take advice from the more advanced dreamers!

Lots of practice.

One thing that may help,would be to Practice meditating outside of WILD once or twice throughout the day. It will help you build those “meditation muscles”.

I also argue that the better physical condition you are in, the easier it will be. So I would also encourage regular excercise as an aid.

If you take any stimulants (nicotine, caffeine etc) they should be fully metabolized by the time you plan on beginning wild. (Arguable, but it works for me.)

Good luck.

Alright, so I agree with quiXote on the stimulants part and the meditation part. I know that certain stimulants in general inhibit lucidity. From what I’ve found, meditation skills help with WilDs because gettin in the state of that comfort and tranquility is the first step of acheiving one type of WILD. Let me tell you of the two different mindsets/body conditions I was in when I had my WIlDs (I’ve had about 4 or 5 so far): 1 was when I was super tired after a full day of doing things. I fell nearly unconscious quite quickly. I was half focusing on random thoughts that passed through my mind and half focused on sleeping. I started thinking about playing lacrosse and felt myself playing it. My friend said something (I was sleeping at his house) and I said dude I was dreaming screw you shut up. I continued the random thought process and felt the same type of feeling-what-I-was-thinking kind of thing again then my friend said another thing. I said seriously just let me go to sleep. Later in the week my friend said that he said those two things about 2 seconds apart from each other. I thought like 15 minutes went by before he talked the second time. That made me realize how tired I was and how I definitely was in that threshold of counsciousness (that’s what WILDs are). The second mindset/body state accounts for all the rest of the WILDs I had. My most vivid was when I was listening to scary kids scaring kids (band) and was lying on my bed. I wasn’t tired at all but drifted off while in a meditative state of mind and focused on the music, just let it carry you away. It was a textbook WILD. Very strong and cool. The rest was when I was in religion class when we have meditation sessions randomly throughout the semester. I just find a comfortable spot in my uncomfortable desk and doze off. I’m not really tired but just a bit tired from the school day (I have religion as my last period of the day).

Summary: have a meditative state of mind, don’t try before you go to bed, soothing music helps me a lot, try when you aren’t tired enough to fall asleep

I hope this insanely long post will help at all. Post any questions if you have em

Thanks for all the help, I don’t take any medication or drink or smoke. Nothing like that, so I will definitely try some of your methods. I think I just need to practice some more on keeping my mental awareness just barely there, and fall asleep.