I need help and suggestions with acheiving LD

Hi. My name is Wolf waves I didn’t post in the intro section cause… well I’m not good with hellos. Okay… down to business:

I have just spent the past two days looking up all sorts of things about Lucid Dreaming, Out-Of-Body experiences, Astral Projection… some stuff on Binaural Beats, sleep paralysis. Basically just researching all of this stuff as a whole. So I have a basic understanding about WILD, MILD, WBTB ext. Of course knowledge and doing are two totally different things.

Now I really want to have a lucid dream. Like… if there was an experimental drug on the market that is meant to cause a lucid dream I would totally volunteer to try it. =P The thing is to actually get to a lucid dream seems extremely hard, stressful and in my case probably pretty much impossible. At least unless I do a complete re-working of my entire life which I’m really not about to do right now. So I suppose I could say I’m asking for advice/methods?

Let me explain, maybe you can help. These are the problems I find barring me from being able to do this.

— I’m the kind of person that needs to actually have a result relatively quickly and proof that it’ll happen. For example: I want to be a writer but I never will be because I don’t want to delve into all the work and time of writing a book - hoping that it’ll sell. Just as I don’t want to spend months of a dream journal (Which would have close to nothing in it might I add) and reality checks just on the off chance that maybe HOPEFULLY I will get a lucid dream out of it someday.

— I know everyone dreams but I don’t dream like I wake up and I KNOW I had a dream but can’t remember it. When I sleep, I go to sleep and the next thing I know it’s tomorrow. If I dreamed at ALL there is no recollection of it. Though that might be part of the next point.
– Let me add on with this is sometimes I DO vaguely remember that I dreamed but the only times that ever happens is when I take a nap in the middle of the day. But I live with extremely loud people in a room downstairs that hears everything and often I just don’t have a chance to nap so napping isn’t a reliable time to LD.

— My sleep cycle is kinda weird. No I don’t have a sleep disorder it’s just… how I am. I have a tendency to go to bed at like… 3am. I can NOT go to bed before 1am (firstly, I have a show that I refuse to miss and secondly my body will keep my lying awake all night if I try) This of course causes me to sleep well into the day unless I have work. But that sleep is interrupted usually.
–To top THAT off… I am terrible at falling asleep. I can’t do it easily. The method of back to back is waking up for a while after x amount of hours of sleep? Well usually that x amount is all the sleep I get in a night and secondly if I try to do that I wont be back to sleep for hours if at all.
-I also live in a very loud and obnoxious house (a little brother and two dogs who think it’s their goal in life to fill the world with barking) =/

So I think that pretty effectively causes MILD and WBTB to be a little less useful for me. So how about WILD?

Well… there’s problems with that as well.

-I am not good at falling asleep as I already said. Keeping my mind active basically makes it so I can’t fall asleep. I think I Might be able to accomplish it though. Because I have experienced SP. But the problem mainly comes in the SP…

Let me set off with that, if you believe as such, my house is haunted and I’m in the basement. That doesn’t help.

Secondly my mind like… hates me. Yea I think that’s a good description for it. My mind hates me. I can’t think to a time that my dreams didn’t have, at the very least, a feeling of fear or danger even if it wasn’t actually a nightmare. (Like I could go to the store in my dream but with a feeling like something is just off) My nightmares always have some demonic, gruesome, evil, depressing or just bad theme like that. The stereotypical “someone is chasing me across a field” dream is “there is a demon chasing me throughout a field of corpses in hell as something is trying to posses my soul and I’m suffering from some sort of poison”

So, as I searched through this site I have seen that feeling of shaking, being unable to breath, and other scary sensations and noises pared with hallucinations are quite common and actually expected alone with the basic being unable to move.

That won’t go over well with me. I know it won’t. That is just opening myself up for some scary stuff. I have felt SP before. I didn’t get to seeing or hearing things but I couldn’t move and it was scary as heck. I’ve also more than once felt a falling sensation on the edge of sleep and even if I try to not act on it I still jolt awake. Though neither have happened in ages.

So… yea. What can I possibly do? Is there any way I’ll be able to get to a lucid dream?

((Oh… a random cool piece of information I wanna add on is once I had a dream that I was falling asleep due to some sort of gas and if I allowed myself to fall asleep someone I cared for was going to be killed. So obviously I was trying to stay awake in the dream, forcing my eyes to stay open. I somehow actually dragged myself fully awake… I remember forcing my eyes opening and seeing a mix of the real world inside of the dream world and finally at one point I fully woke up, exhausted. At no point did I realize it was a dream so that wasn’t a lucid dream. It was weird though.))

Sorry this is so ramble-y but I figure if anyone can help they need to know as much as possible.

Tag-on info: I can’t meditate. I’m to stressed and anxious so saying about practicing meditation is the same as suggesting a dream journal. =P

I have been trying to LD since December of 2012 and it is now Feb 1, 2013 In this short month and a half I have had about 7 lucids…4 of which happened last night! So in some regard I am a beginner but I seem to have a handle on what it takes to induce lucids.

It seems to me that you know what you Need to do to help with LDing. Things like meditating and keeping a dream journal. Meditating can help you also releive those anxieties and stress for you. I am not going to pretend to be an expert on meditating as I am a beginner on that as well but the stress and anxiety you talk about makes me feel like you would REALLY benefit from meditation!

Even though you cant remember your dreams you seem to remember that they are scary, fearful, dark gloomy or an over all feeling. Use your dream journal to record what feelings you can remember. Even if you dont remember images and scenes you can record how you felt upon awakening or tidbits of things. It doesnt have to be perfect. This will help your dream recall and the more you do it the more you will be able to remember.

Now, reality checks…Do them! Don’t be so negative. If you want to have a lucid dream you WILL have to put in some work, you are already on the right track by reading about LDIng and incubating the thoughts about how to have LDs. So RCs are a really easy thing to do to get you started on your dream journey, they really dont take any time at all and you don’t have an excuse not to do them. They may take some time to become routine and seep into your dream reality but it is worth it because if you do realize you are dreaming then you will remember to do your RC.

Another thing about lucid dreaming, you have to know and believe that you WILL achieve lucidity. You have to know that it takes practice and that you WILL do it eventually if you stay committed. If you already are so negative and sure that you WONT have one…then you wont. Our minds are tricky things and that is a lucid dreamers downfall. You must know that it will happen if you try and you need to also be aware that it may take time…or that it may happen quickly. You wont know until it happens!

I highly suggest MILD and RCs for you since they are the easiest to start off with and get you into the flow since your sleep schedule is so wacky.

Also, check out the SSILD 2.0 tutorial in the forum, I have had great success with this as well and it is pretty much fool proof. It is about paying attention to your senses before falling asleep to heighten your senses in the dream world. In my case it is working so look into it!

No matter what is going on at your house it is possible to LD still…I work part time and my husband has weird hours that wake me up sometimes AND I have a 6 month old that wakes randomly during most nights that I need to get up to feed…oh ya I also have a 4 year old that keeps waking up and coming to my bed crying because she has night mares…AND I have a dog that snores insanely loud and wakes me up often. I am also a light sleeper. Even with all these factors I still can, have and will continue to lucid dream!

If you are a lucky person then maybe it’ll happen soon, i’ve known people who’ve had lucid dreams the first night they’ve tried. On the chance that it doesn’t happen I can only say that you’ll have to try and be patient, find a way that works for you.

I’ve been trying to lucid dream since September 2012 and have had no success yet, but with the belief that it’ll come and keeping a good DJ i’m well on my way.

You guys are awesome. Seriously.

Last night I had a dream and I think it might point towards it being possible for me. I do remember it a little even though I’ve been up for hours. Thought can’t really remember details I do remember a premis of what was happening and that was about the topic of lucid dreaming LOL I dreamed about wanting to lucid dream.

However, I wasn’t able to asleep long enough for anything to happen. The dream was kinda rushed. It was even kinda blurry in the dream itself. Asif somehow my mind knew it would be waking up soon lol So maybe my subconscious telling me that it IS possible? It was shortly before I woke up in the morning cause I only got about 4 or 5 hours of sleep.

I think that if I had more time in to dream I would have thought to do some sort of RC. However I have a question about those. The only “RC” I’ve seen really is trying to breath through your nose when you plug it or writing something on your hand.

Thing is, I do know that I’ve had dreams which I’ve been unable to breath if I shouldn’t be able to breath and I’ve had stuff on my arm which was how it should be. In the dream, with someng written on your hand/clarity of your hand which is what somepeople use. A RC… Wouldn’t your mind easily be able to fake it or make it seem logical that you’re seeing blurry? Same with breathing through your nose. I KNOW your mind can easily make that impossible in the dream thus rendering it a failure.

What other RCs would I be able to use?

Anyway,thanks to that dream I think that yea. I’ll make a dream journal. Im gonna get a nice pen and notepad and keep it on my headboard.

I always didn’t remember my dreams, and basically had the same thing you described. Within 3 days of trying to remember my dreams, I remembered some dreams up to about 10-30 mins. long. Yesterday, I remembered about an 45 mins. of dreams, only about 3 weeks after I started trying to remember dreams.

You can remember your dreams!

Good luck with LD’s!