I wish I had some artistic ability!

I have had some amazing dreams lately, both lucid and normal. There have been some scenes and colors in my dreams that were so amazing that I wish I could share with others. I have considered trying to sketch them and guess what…I can’t draw! My 4 year old is better than me! :tongue:

Once I even dreamed of a song that I had never heard before but by the time I got up and out of bed I had forgotten most of it.

Any ideas or suggestions from other dreamers out there that capture their dreams in real life?

Haha, that reminds me of an LD where I dreamt of the most beautiful sky… I even contemplated in the dream to take a picture, but realized, duh the camera won’t be with me when I wake up. :content: I would draw out my dreamscapes…if I weren’t so lazy hehe.

I suggest you type it out, describe it through words that would help others easily visualize it! Put it into poems … stories etc. Maybe a good artist could draw it out for you. :wink:

I dunno, I’m not sure that there is such a thing as can’t draw. Certainly I agree some people have great skill for drawing and can make magnificent works of art, but I don’t think this comes from some ability they are born with. At least in all but the most rare of exceptions of autistic savants. Those who are ‘talented’ seem to me to spend a lot of time doing what they are good at, and usually love doing it. It’s not that they are innately good at it, it’s that they are driven to learn and improve.

My point with all that is, if you feel driven to draw the scenes from your dreams, I’d not let fear that you will produce something embarrassing stop you from drawing. You don’t need to share your work, and if you do it’s actually surprising how many people look and see the improvements you are making in skill, aplauding you for it. Those who do otherwise usually aren’t worth listening to. (There is a reason that an honest good-hearted critic is every artists best friend.) Plus those who make wonderful works of art, started out drawing those very same embarrassing pictures where they messed up so many elements of it. In a few years time, you could be the one producing those fantastic pieces that others look at and say, you are so talented. All it takes in my opinion is motivation and drive, something that you seem to have since you express a wish to be able to draw. So my suggestion would be, why not give it a go, you might surprise yourself. :smile:

I always liked drawing, my mother draw a bit and my grandmother was artistic in some way too. My brother is also artistic in some way. In my opinion we need to find ways to express our own creativity.

My drawing were, well, good for me. I was satisfied with what I could draw but never quite satisfied… Then when I discovered photoshop I could express myself in ways I could never with pencil and paper. Digital art is just some way of artistic expression.

Maybe you could try it and see for yourself.

But I always like more when I draw things from my dreams on a paper, it more personal, more tangible then digital art. In any way I support you to continue expressing yourself. Experiment and use all means necessary.

Here’s my last creation from a dream!

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I do well with writing and recording my dreams because I do well with words.

I have this inner “urge” (Maybe that is the right word) to try and sketch some of my dreams, even if I could just manage to capture the color of the dream then I think that would help. My father and my brother are both very good at sketching and painting and they just seem to be talented and naturally good with it.

I love photography as well and its funny because my last lucid was induced because I was trying to take a photo of a deer that turned into a griffon but my camera would not work…no of course a griffon would not strike me as weird BUT pictures that were showing up on my camera that I did not take, induced my lucid dream!

I think I will get a sketch pad- just for me right now. It will be something that I won’t share at first so I can start trying to project my emotions and dream images into something tangible. I might even post some of the sketches- or whatever I do, it is hard to talk to the hubs or my Dad and siblings about lucid dreams or just dreams in general because they think it is “out” there!

Also, the digital imaging is a great idea too! I have seen some great images that people have created and they seem inspiring as well.

dB-FTS that image is beautiful! I wish I could see the larger version because just in that small image I can see the stars and detail. <3

[color=olive]I understand where you’re coming from on that one. Ive had dreams where I would want to try and sketch something amusing and get a watered down result. (For example my space walk :neutral:) I would try a 50/50 approach, drawing a rough sketch as best as you can then identifying what’s what on a side note, until your art skills reach the level you want to be at.[/color]

That’s great. Being good with words is really helpful specially with dreams. Well sketch pad is great idea. I thought about getting one too. When it comes to DR I’ve realized that sketching really helps. Dreams that are having some drawing or sketch next to it in my dream journal those are so much easier to remember. Just one simple drawing can help me to remember the dream that I recorded some goo time ago.

Thanks for liking my image. You can click on it to enlarge it but it will get a little bit larger. Sadly photobucket will resize it to smaller then original…