Lucidity Challenge 36: Winner- HeadInTheClouds! Congrats!

I had a short to medium LD, but its hard to determine. It felt like a medium LD, but I think that it lasted around 1.5 - 2 minutes. I did find and attend a party, but I wasn’t trying to focus on the current task, so I don’t know if that counts. Also, I finally made progress on my second personal dream goal of summoning two DCs. I was able to summon one person; interestingly enough, I somehow summoned two of the exact same person. Quite odd. :tongue:

Had a short WILD this morning, and visited an abandoned theme park of which I could see only the Ferris wheel which was overgrown completely by ivy. A weird mixture of the theme park task and my personal goal to visit a ghost town I guess, but my personal goal wasn’t really accomplished of course. Don’t remember anything else from the dream besides the Ferris wheel. :sad:

2 short lucid moments. I was in a hotel room and there was a party going on, I was getting something and some dc asked me for a bottle of sprite, I turned a Pepsi bottle over and it said sprite on it, then i got low lucid. I tried to leave the room but woke up.
I dreamt i was at the party again, this time i managed to get to the hotel hall, but i felt like i was gonna wake up, so i was rubbing my hands on the carpet. But woke up. :razz: had some scary HH after that, and very dream-full sleep

I had a medium LD last night where I found the LC party. It was a bunch of people sitting at a restaurant booth. I recognized Nicklebrick, StarryGwee, and Rhewin, and I tried to ask Rhewin what the riddle was but only got gibberish as an answer.

Totally forgot to put this on here, but I had two medium LD’s several nights ago.

Had a short LD.

Long lucid last night.

Holy monkeys I could have sworn I updated this… sorry everyone!

Task 6- FOOD!
It’s an oldie but a goodie. One of the most interesting things to do in a dream is to eat something. But hey, who says it has to be edible? I’m sure you guys can be more creative than just ordering a Big Mac!

Eat something- +30 pts
Prepare the food yourself- +20 pts
Every additional thing you eat- +5 pts
Eat something normally inedible- +10 pts

And now to get creative…

Create a new recipe or flavor (that is edible)- +30 pts
Recreate that recipe or flavor in real life- +50 pts

Bon Appetit!

I became lucid last night while talking to a cousin via instant messaging, even going so far as to type in “you’re dreaming”, but I lost it about 10 seconds later. I was kicking myself when I woke up, as I had plans for that lucidity. :razz:

Double post for a second consecutive day with lucidity. This was a thirty-second one, although I took more action this time. The first twenty seconds led to a false awakening, which I immediately realized was a dream, but I woke up for real immediately afterwards. I need more time if I want to get things done. :o

About a minute or two of lucidity. I ‘woke’ up and checked the projected time on my ceiling, noticed i still had time to sleep. Just as I closed my eyes i noticed that my alarm clock’s light was black… Instead of red. So I RCed, got some funky numbers 6-8 fingers. Flew to find a mountain, and changed the night to day. I lost lucidity when some invisible force threw me from the sky to the grounds, I demolished a couple buildings from the fall. Then went into FLD, but it was pretty neat still.

Another short LD. I also had a series of dreams where I thought I was lucid at least twice, but I never actually gained control of the dreams. That was fairly frustrating. :wallhit:

I enjoyed a few snacks in a ND last night, half eggs and little sushi pieces. :content:

In accordance with an incubated dream of Gwee’s design from IRC, I met her (from the LC) and two non-LC LD4all members in a medium-length LD last night, as well as eating something normally inedible (not by Gwee’s design).

[spoiler]It’s late at night, and I’m driving down Connecticut Ave in Chevy Chase, Maryland, heading south towards Washington, D.C. only because you can’t make a U-turn to go north for five intersections straight. I come up on the traffic circle I’ll use to turn around, and briefly contemplate continuing straight into D.C. just to see it. [LD]It suddenly dawns on me that I have no reason to be here: I came here for a day last month to visit friends at Awesome Games Done Quick (a big video game charity telethon), but that was it. This sparks lucidity, so I abandon the car and step out onto the grassy traffic circle.

I remember that in waking life, Gwee had created a group incubated dream for herself, me, and a few other LD4All members. She wanted to have a “dinosaur party” on the side of a mountain. I needed to meet her, and for the first time in, well, ever :razz:, I remembered a way to summon a DC. I reached behind me and took a step back, feeling something grab my hand. I turned around to find Gwee holding my hand, and the setting behind her was a bit more mountainous. The night even gave way to dawn so that I could see better. With Gwee found, the next step for the party was dinosaurs. I remembered that she wanted us to transform just by belting out a large roar and willing it, but I couldn’t bring myself to change. In my incubation/visualization, I had prepared for the possibility of willpower alone not cutting it, and decided that I could slip on a ring that possessed the power to force the transformation. I asked Gwee if she brought the rings, and she took two out of her pocket, handing me one with a red gemstone (just like my high school class ring, which I’d worn IRL to cement the incubation in my mind). I slipped it onto my right ring finger, and my body shuddered a bit, but I still didn’t change. I wasn’t giving up so easily, though; I knew I needed that ring’s power inside me, so I took a more desperate measure and bit the gemstone off and swallowed it. It was powdery when eaten, and I seem to remember a distinct cherry flavor (Ring Pop, anybody?).

This made the transformation start. My perspective began rising, and my body started to lean forward as I’d envisioned a T. Rex, which would have its body in front of its hips and its tail behind the hips as a counterbalance. As I continued rising and leaning, I remembered that Masonc1 was supposed to be joining us and possibly Nicklebrick (Gwee seemed unsure of this IWL). I looked down to see them below me.[/LD] Unfortunately, the dream faded away at this point. I never did get to see myself, nor did I see anybody else change per the terms of Gwee’s party. I also wanted live food as a dinosaur, not just a ring. :razz:

If anybody else wants to join Gwee’s dinosaur party, tell her in IRC and pick a dinosaur. The more, the merrier.[/spoiler]

The final task should be up on Wednesday. Sorry for the slightly irregular updates, school’s been keeping my attention for the last few weeks. Never take 4 writing-heavy classes at once :razz:

About a 2 min LD this afternoon. I forgot what triggered my lucidity, I think it was cause I performed a hand rc, I wasn’t really convinced until I did the time rc. Did a lot of stabilizing and then flew to my backyard. I thought, since my backyard was so grassy it’d help me visualize the Dreamscape I want to be at. So I stood on my grass barefooted and thought, okay, when I turn around I’ll be at the mountains. I turned around to nothing but my house. I try once more without success.

I was frustrated. I decided to try summoning Thorn using the same method he used to find me. I put my hands behind my back and expected somebody to grab it. Then I felt a hand grab onto my wrist. I turn to find ‘nobody’, but Thorn was there just transparent, his form was still somewhat visible. Afterwards I was able to see his head, just not his body (still transparent). I said to him, “let’s go find the mountain!” We both flew off into the sky, there I tried to change up the night to day. Only to fall into an ND

FINAL TASK!!!

ZOMG IT’S HAPPENED! WE’RE GOING TO ACTUALLY FINISH AN LC :happy:

And, in keeping with my Time Lord traditions, let’s end it on something interesting. In dreams, the world is yours to command and control, and that includes time. So now I want you to bend time. Slow it, speed it up, stop it, put it in reverse. AND WE’RE GOING OUT WITH A BANG, BABY

Every way you manipulate time (slow it, speed it up, etc.): +50 POINTS PER VARIATION

Time to catch up for anyone behind. GET ALL THE POINTS!

I had a short LD where I ate a cookie, ate a plastic bottle with syrup in it, and prepared toaster waffles and ate them. None of it tasted like much. :happy:

Medium length ND/LD

Last night was crazy. It has been a couple months since I tried it, but I used the SSILD technique and had multiple bouts of lucidity. My dreams were also extremely vivid. There were at least three or four times that I thought I was dreaming; however, I can only recall having had two clear short LDs last night. Also, I tried eating a trash can, but had a FA right before I got my mouth around it. In my second LD, I tried to eat my watch, which tasted metallic, but had to stop when it was pulling my teeth out and causing me pain.
As a side note, while I’ve only used SSILD a couple times before, it seems to be quite effective for bringing on more LDs, more vivid dreams, and it also helps me to fall asleep. I suggest trying it out sometime.