Lucidity Challenge 36: Winner- HeadInTheClouds! Congrats!

I enjoyed a few snacks in a ND last night, half eggs and little sushi pieces. :content:

In accordance with an incubated dream of Gwee’s design from IRC, I met her (from the LC) and two non-LC LD4all members in a medium-length LD last night, as well as eating something normally inedible (not by Gwee’s design).

[spoiler]It’s late at night, and I’m driving down Connecticut Ave in Chevy Chase, Maryland, heading south towards Washington, D.C. only because you can’t make a U-turn to go north for five intersections straight. I come up on the traffic circle I’ll use to turn around, and briefly contemplate continuing straight into D.C. just to see it. [LD]It suddenly dawns on me that I have no reason to be here: I came here for a day last month to visit friends at Awesome Games Done Quick (a big video game charity telethon), but that was it. This sparks lucidity, so I abandon the car and step out onto the grassy traffic circle.

I remember that in waking life, Gwee had created a group incubated dream for herself, me, and a few other LD4All members. She wanted to have a “dinosaur party” on the side of a mountain. I needed to meet her, and for the first time in, well, ever :razz:, I remembered a way to summon a DC. I reached behind me and took a step back, feeling something grab my hand. I turned around to find Gwee holding my hand, and the setting behind her was a bit more mountainous. The night even gave way to dawn so that I could see better. With Gwee found, the next step for the party was dinosaurs. I remembered that she wanted us to transform just by belting out a large roar and willing it, but I couldn’t bring myself to change. In my incubation/visualization, I had prepared for the possibility of willpower alone not cutting it, and decided that I could slip on a ring that possessed the power to force the transformation. I asked Gwee if she brought the rings, and she took two out of her pocket, handing me one with a red gemstone (just like my high school class ring, which I’d worn IRL to cement the incubation in my mind). I slipped it onto my right ring finger, and my body shuddered a bit, but I still didn’t change. I wasn’t giving up so easily, though; I knew I needed that ring’s power inside me, so I took a more desperate measure and bit the gemstone off and swallowed it. It was powdery when eaten, and I seem to remember a distinct cherry flavor (Ring Pop, anybody?).

This made the transformation start. My perspective began rising, and my body started to lean forward as I’d envisioned a T. Rex, which would have its body in front of its hips and its tail behind the hips as a counterbalance. As I continued rising and leaning, I remembered that Masonc1 was supposed to be joining us and possibly Nicklebrick (Gwee seemed unsure of this IWL). I looked down to see them below me.[/LD] Unfortunately, the dream faded away at this point. I never did get to see myself, nor did I see anybody else change per the terms of Gwee’s party. I also wanted live food as a dinosaur, not just a ring. :razz:

If anybody else wants to join Gwee’s dinosaur party, tell her in IRC and pick a dinosaur. The more, the merrier.[/spoiler]

The final task should be up on Wednesday. Sorry for the slightly irregular updates, school’s been keeping my attention for the last few weeks. Never take 4 writing-heavy classes at once :razz:

About a 2 min LD this afternoon. I forgot what triggered my lucidity, I think it was cause I performed a hand rc, I wasn’t really convinced until I did the time rc. Did a lot of stabilizing and then flew to my backyard. I thought, since my backyard was so grassy it’d help me visualize the Dreamscape I want to be at. So I stood on my grass barefooted and thought, okay, when I turn around I’ll be at the mountains. I turned around to nothing but my house. I try once more without success.

I was frustrated. I decided to try summoning Thorn using the same method he used to find me. I put my hands behind my back and expected somebody to grab it. Then I felt a hand grab onto my wrist. I turn to find ‘nobody’, but Thorn was there just transparent, his form was still somewhat visible. Afterwards I was able to see his head, just not his body (still transparent). I said to him, “let’s go find the mountain!” We both flew off into the sky, there I tried to change up the night to day. Only to fall into an ND

FINAL TASK!!!

ZOMG IT’S HAPPENED! WE’RE GOING TO ACTUALLY FINISH AN LC :happy:

And, in keeping with my Time Lord traditions, let’s end it on something interesting. In dreams, the world is yours to command and control, and that includes time. So now I want you to bend time. Slow it, speed it up, stop it, put it in reverse. AND WE’RE GOING OUT WITH A BANG, BABY

Every way you manipulate time (slow it, speed it up, etc.): +50 POINTS PER VARIATION

Time to catch up for anyone behind. GET ALL THE POINTS!

I had a short LD where I ate a cookie, ate a plastic bottle with syrup in it, and prepared toaster waffles and ate them. None of it tasted like much. :happy:

Medium length ND/LD

Last night was crazy. It has been a couple months since I tried it, but I used the SSILD technique and had multiple bouts of lucidity. My dreams were also extremely vivid. There were at least three or four times that I thought I was dreaming; however, I can only recall having had two clear short LDs last night. Also, I tried eating a trash can, but had a FA right before I got my mouth around it. In my second LD, I tried to eat my watch, which tasted metallic, but had to stop when it was pulling my teeth out and causing me pain.
As a side note, while I’ve only used SSILD a couple times before, it seems to be quite effective for bringing on more LDs, more vivid dreams, and it also helps me to fall asleep. I suggest trying it out sometime.

Two LC related dreams, both NDs though, still no LDs :sad:

First one: The town where I live changed into a theme park. The main attraction was a giant rollercoaster, combined with a water slide. Instead of just sitting in some kind of wagon, you could also simply cling to the rails. Some DC friends and I went into a Haunted House, which had a LOT of rooms and you were supposed to find your way out.

Second one: I was at a mall, and some of the little shops/offices still had chains of lights on the windows (glued on or something). You weren’t really able to see them if the lights weren’t on, and I wouldn’t have noticed them if one DC didn’t tell me about them. The lights were of a bright blue/white and resembled ice.

Had another short LD. I tried eating a tissue, and it tasted sweet and was really doughy. It wasn’t very pleasant so I spit it out. :yuck:

Short lucid last night, no time manipulation :tongue:

I had a short LD last night, but didn’t complete any tasks.

About a 3-4 min LD this afternoon. Mostly flying.

[spoiler]I was standing in front of my friend’s giant mirror observing a random tattoo I had on my neck. I was worried I’d get in trouble cos of a video I saw the night before. Then it hit me… I don’t have a tattoo. I realized it was only a dream and it started to slip away, but I shouted, “Increase lucidity x1000!” Didn’t seem to help that much but my friend DC grabbed my attention by saying that 1000 does nothing, and trying to trick me that it wasn’t a dream.

I soared off and flew high above the neighborhood. I knew what I wanted to do, to find the mountains. I had the choice of using other methods to get there, but I just wanted to find it naturally ~ It was a pretty long flight, I was over a city I’ve never seen before. There was a giant lake in the middle of the city along with many trees that looked like palm trees. The scenery was really beautiful and I couldn’t help but just glide closer to the trees and skim the lake a bit :content: . Out in the horizon I saw many mountains, I set my intention of heading to the one lonely mountain, it was oddly located really close to the city once I got to it.

When I set myself down next to it, I looked up to find a city building looking like it was badly put together with bits of metal chunks. I flew to other mountains only to have the same thing happen. I drifted along the city road. Out of nowhere, a voice comes to my head telling me that the mountain I’m looking for is at Bodo. This just reminds me of siiw :razz:. My lucidity level dropped a lot, a random truck was heading towards me and I was having difficulty drifting higher to avoid impact, it does hit me and I lose most of my lucidity. I continued the rest of the dream in really low lucid. I was being hunted by cartoon characters and the SWAT for knowing how to fly. Lol[/spoiler]

I had 2 lucids this morning. One short and the other med length. The second LD helped me remember the first. :razz:

[spoiler]First lucid (1min or so)- I still can’t remember the beginning of it, or how I got lucid. I just remember that I was flying in the sky to find the mountain, in the midst of it I wanted to transform in the air, into the pterodactyl form I was suppose to be in. It was really difficult to get the bottom half. With my arms stretched out, it easily morphed into a really large set of wings. The bottom half of me remained the same, I felt odd, in a weird bent position while flying with my new wings. It was a new experience/feel, having air collecting under my wing felt strange. But I got the hang of it quick. I never really transformed completely. That’s all I can recall.

Second Lucid ( 4-5 min)- It started off with me and a guy I’ve never really met before lying down on the floor of my parent’s room. We were just chatting around and teasing each other. The room was very well lit by the sun through the curtains, the atmosphere was light and cheery. After a woman comes into the room to find me. I try to hide under the bed but the guy gives me away. She applies makeup on my face, apparently I was to attend some sort of celebration (wedding perhaps?). After she leaves I part from the guy.

Just as I was about to put on a dress I decided to perform my hand RC. I get 6 fingers, I suspected that I counted incorrectly and do so again, 5 fingers, just to be sure, again I counted to 8 fingers! Now I was really confused, so I tried another method of pushing a finger through the wall. It doesn’t work… I get frustrated at this point and recount my finger to 6. I did a final hand through the window glass and soared off into the sky.

Of course I knew my goal was to find the mountain. :razz: This time my dream helped out. While I soared above my neighborhood, I noticed a huge rock pile at the entrance of my neighborhood, thick black smoke blew straight out of the top of it. It was really cool looking, evil almost. While I drifted closer to it I noticed two raptors walking side by side towards the playground of my neighborhood. They were just taller than the average human. I glanced at the peak of the mountain, there was a really huge t-rex that I assumed was Thorn. He was the only dinosaur standing up there, like he was king. :wink: I flew closer and was surprised to find under the mountain a rollercoaster, it twisted and curled with red and yellow metal tracks, kids were actually riding it. I flew around the coaster and was determined to transform once again in the air, into a pterodactyl and join Thorn at the mountain top. But again, I was having difficulties getting it right. I wasn’t focusing so much on flying, so at times I wavered dangerously in the air. Then I wake up![/spoiler]

Last night by luck in medium length, I lucid dreamed that I was in the nanosuit from Crysis 3 on a wave by wave arena mode.
I just made my own modifications that included time.
I started off by walking forward and being surprise attacked by a guard. I turned everything into slow motion and activated the speed mode. Now my enemies would move slow while I still moved normally! I smacked his legs from underneath him and watched him slowly fall to the ground. As he was doing this, I took notice in the little details of the rain that was falling. Every single liquid drop was full of clear detail.
Finally the guard has landed on the ground, but it seems that the slow motion has cushioned the fall for some reason. I’ll need to figure that out.
As he was about to get up, I heard other guards rush to his position. So I turned time into fast mode and quickly kicked the guard far off the bridge or whatever I was on. Best part, I strapped a stasis time grenade to him, so when the grenade exploded while he was in midair, it created an awesome effect of suspended animation!
I hid near a staircase and turned on camo mode… The guards were taking forever and by this time, I figured out that I’m somewhere on an oil rig… Might as well speed this up a bit… Oh, wait, there they are, turn it off, turn it off! Ok.
These two stuck together like rice and any other object, this would be tough.
I got out the bow and turned the strength to full. I strapped a modified time haste grenade that will explode on impact to the arrow. Taking aim as they get further away from my position… Fire!
The arrow glided straight into the guards on the right as the other guard looked away. Right at this moment was when the hasten grenade exploded, which threw the guy with the arrow far into the back wall as if being pulled from the darkness from batman!
Last guard is freaked and calls for back up, my camo mode wears off and he sees me. I deliver a falcon punch that sends him down to the river below.
Now this next part is easy to imagine, but I have to head to school and hurry this up, I also can only somewhat remember this part.
The part I somewhat remember.
Guards come in and surround me. I emp their weapons as they fire and force them to drop their guns, yet they pull out knives. Then an entire matrix like fight happens where tons of different hasten and stasis grenades go off in the middle of it. Armor mode saves my face from being sliced off by a knife. And tons of guys being in stasis in midair and then being smacked by a guy who had hasten strapped to him.
My dream faded away in the middle of the fight…

Had a medium LD. I ate an almond, which tasted the exact same way as IRL.

I had 2 LDs, one short and the other medium length.

[spoiler]First LD (a min or less). I just remember performing my hand RC and becoming aware that I was dreaming. Can’t really remember now what happened. Just remember that it was short. :meh: My fault for not journaling anymore. I believe I was going to go about with my goal but was awoken.

Second LD (4-5 min). After I woke from the first LD, I went back to sleep keeping my intentions to remain aware and perform my RC. I was back in the dream exactly where I was before, at my front door area. The sun was bright just like before. I did my hand RC and counted up to 11 fingers xD.

I stablized the dream and just focused on the realness of everything. I wanted it to feel as real as possible. I didn’t notice in the dream, but the bright sun had gone down and it was just dark like my usual LDs. I decided to just walk through the front door, but I couldn’t. It was solid, no matter how much I tried. I guess this is because of how real the dream felt. I was frustrated and just decided to unlock the front door instead of splating myself into it lol. I walked along my neighborhood sidewalk for a little bit and was worried that I wouldn’t be able to fly cause of how detailed and life-like everything was.

I shrugged off the thought and jumped up and flapped my arms. At first, it was a little difficult, but afterwards just like second nature. Now I wanted to transform again into the pterodactyl, but this time completely transform. I spreaded out my arms wide and easily a set of wings appeared, light brown in colour. I wasn’t too concerned of my wings, I put my focus mostly towards my lower body. I re-postioned my body so that it was parallel to the ground and made my legs shrink, and it did! Now I was flying like never before, it was a completely new feel. I could feel my little legs catching some cool air. It was so strange, yet awesome, can’t really describe it. I flew towards my neighborhood plaza not really thinking about my goal of getting to the mountains. I was already content with the transformation.

Now I can’t really recall what happened after that, my lucidity dropped a little. I find myself in this cabin with some guy. Outside was just a forest covered in snow. The night also changed to day. This man needed me to do something for him, can’t really remember what now…I think it was because I had powers. I regain most of my lucidity and was focused to get out of there and go about my goal. I managed to fly out, through the window but in the form of an eagle…semi-lucid I guess. Then I wake up. Really bad recall…I should get back to journaling :razz:[/spoiler]

Had two short LDs. It may have been one LD, chained to another LD; however, I would count it as 2 separate short LDs. I say this because I know that the LDs happened within a minute or two of each other, so I don’t know if that would be considered chaining.

OK, the LC is officially closed. You can still post any dreams from before this announcement. I’ll give a few days for any late posts and final calculations and I’ll be back with a winner soon :smile:

And the winner is…

[center]
HeadInTheClouds!!![/center]

[b][size=167]Congratulations! You now have the honor of hosting LC 37. Or, if you choose not to, the honor is passed on to the first runner up, [/size][color=red]elnaureth!

Well done everyone! We actually had every task completed by at least one person, some really impressive LD scores and great participation overall! I wish I could have devoted more time to reading your dreams, but sadly school got in the way. Still,

[center]WE ACTUALLY FINISHED AN LC![/center][/b]

For those interested, here are the final standings*:

HeadInTheClouds: 855pts
elnaureth: 775pts
StarryGwee: 705pts
Dragonmind: 450pts
Thorn: 440pts
Loah: 280pts
Leijona: 145pts
drow: 140pts
MagykKatte: 140pts
EllyEve: 100pts
zz: 40pts
DaveTheJoker: 20pts
fennecgirl: 20pts
Nicklebrick

*I did notice a coupe of questions I had missed during the LC regarding how lucid points accumulate. If you have any questions or feel like there was an error, please PM me ASAP.