ND Challenge 5

Had an ND about a nuclear war attack and after being awake for a while something about a canadian elevator :razz:

Eil: Ceeia is a fictional landscape I have been in once, but this time I will start in it and not enter via a circle :razz:

Well, I did something heroic last night, though I wasn’t exactly successful. Not sure if it’ll count. I’ll post it as soon as possible, hopefully today.

Added an ND I had yesterday, forgot, but remembered it sometime in the afternoon. Was to lazy to write it down yesterday so I did it today. Had an ND and a Fragment from last night. The ND was heroic again. :razz:

February 22 -> February 23

SPOILER - Click to view

In case that’s confusing, I’ve completed the first task, and I’ve had 5 NDs and 1 Fragment so far. In two of the NDs I’ve satisfied the requirements for the first task.

One jumbled up dream about mafia wars :meh:

Last 2 nights have only been jumbled fragments.

Dream posted nothing beats the warm and fuzzy feeling that helping some children brings :happy:

Only 1 fragment this morning, sadly =/

I almost left a bottle of olive oil at a nerf/zombie event at my university from last night, then grabbed it and put it in my pocket.

I had a couple of dream (fragments). No superhero action though. I remeber telling my boyfriend on Sunday about a dream too, but I forgot it now. Maybe it will come back later and then I’ll post it too.

Linkie link

Limitless, you have now been added to the list, please post if you have had any dreams from the time you signed up. On that note, Task 1 is now over. Points will be added up roughly between 20-24 hours from now (so long as I don’t get distracted), once everyone has posted their dreams from last night. If you achieved the task last night, then please be mindful and let me know that it was done before Task 2 was posted. If the task was completed after Task 2 was posted, then please be honest. Newcomers and delayed incubators should note that all tasks completed after their time still award late task points. Also note that you will be awarded points for tasks if you complete them more than once in the period. Please post if you have any questions about any of this.

Anywho. Onwards!

[center][size=150]Task 2:

[/center][/size]

When in a challenge, everyone has that one thing they need. Whether it be a companion or a sword, it is dangerous to go without it. Your task is to find this one thing you can’t go without.

Oh, and don’t forget to take it with you!!

You have three days, as per the last task.

last night i had an ND where i could have saved the world with a forcefield… i could have done the task AND my goal. i don’t know why i didn’t do that.

Three NDs, in the last one I felt brave when I faced the challenge alone, but i wouldn’t call it heroic.

[community.ld4all.com/t/siiws-18th-book-of-dreams/38443/26)

Is it okay if I don’t have a dream journal on the forum and just post short summaries of the dreams I have during the challenge?

Last couple nights haven’t had to great recall but last night I had a “hunger games” inspired dream where I was in a jungle/swamp with a small group. I had to kill a young girl by breaking her neck… (Was very disturbing :eek:) but then I managed to save two young children in our group from being taken by crocodiles and get the group to safety.

I think my SC is making a joke by giving me dreams where whether I am a hero or not is quite ambiguous :neutral: I don’t feel like it was heroic so I won’t count it.

Edit:
Also my task for this challenge is to find out one of my recurring dream figures name. :smile:

I’ve 3 ND’s since I joined, none of which were heroic though.

Only one ND. Even so, my recall has suddenly become quite large. Hopefully I’ll start remembering two dreams of this length every night. :happy:

Books, Zombies, and Ninjas

Somnium, you may do this but it would be easier for you to develop a DJ here. You can make it temporary and only for the NDC, asking a moderator to delete once the task if over if you like. Otherwise, you may post here how many dreams/fragments you have and elaborate on them if you wish.

There’s a few things I should explain. Firstly, if you achieve your personal goal, you may change it if you wish. Loah, your personal goal has been changed in the first post to reflect this (are you really a twin, btw? :o) Secondly, please be aware that fragments count but points for fragments will not stack per night. This means you will get 5 points once a night for ALL fragments you have that night. Just be sure to let me know whether it is an ND or a fragment or a lucid moment or so. Thirdly, as stated in the first post, 15 bonus points are awarded for both Weirdest Incorporation of Task and for Standards of Dream Recall during the overall period of the task. Lastly, task points are awarded if you feel that you have completed the task, so please be honest about whether or not you feel your dream completed it.

This NDC has 21 participants and I am pretty surprised by the amount of recall the 16 active participants have had in the first task. So here is the moment you’ve all been holding your hats for:

The Scoreboard as of the end of Task 1 :cheer:

1. Scipio Xaos 6 ND + 2 Task + 1 Fragment + Task Incorporation= 160
  2. Wulf 8 ND + 1 Task + 2 Fragment= 130
  3. Fate 10ND + 1 Chain + 1 Fragment= 110
  4. BlackKettle 6 ND + 1 Task + 1 Fragment= 105
  5. Siiw 6ND + 1 LD + 3 Fragment= 90
  6. Loah 3 ND + 1 Personal Task + Recall Standards= 70
  7. geekboy 1 ND + 1 Fragment + 1 Task= 55
  8. Paulicus 2 ND + 1 LD + 2 Fragment= 45
  9. Limitless 3 ND= 30
  10. Sandra 1 ND + 2 Fragment= 20
  11. moogle 2 ND= 20
  12. Ysim 2 Fragments= 10
  13. Ghostie11 1 ND= 10
  14. Somnium Viator 1 ND= 10
  15. Mew
  16. MagykKatte
  17. Kache
  18. elnaureth
  19. fennecgirl
  20. Genre
  21. Megadalton

Congratulations to Scipio Xaos who gets Weirdest Incorporation of task points for his dream A Kingdom at War with Candy, an funny Dentist’s Nightmare of a dream. :tongue: Also congratulations of Loah for being awarded the Standards of Recall points for this task.

If there seems to be a problem with any of these points as in something was missed or the calculations, please post here. It is very late, I am very tired, and math sucks.

SPOILER - Click to view

Just as an end note, the last 5 people’s names will be removed from the scorebored if they don’t appear in the next task due to inactivity. They will still be on the list of participants and may still come and earn points if they become active again.

Ok. both painful and successful night last night. ND, completed personal goal. easy actually, since forcefields are like my dream signature power… So I’m going to try something a bit more difficult. Wear a black dress. I’m usually wearing a white dress, never black before, so this should be a good challenge.
And did you say we can get points for a late task? I think I was being a hero in my dream last night.

Questions: What are defined as fragments? And what is Standards of Recall?
Also as far as i know i’m not a twin irl.

No dreams on monday morning :sad:

last night I had 1 ND and 3 fragments. I read a bunch of Pathfinder RPG material, yet nothing heroic, mostly all about playing the game :razz:

So I had another instance of my SC messing with me again. I went to sleep using the mantra “I will notice anything out of the ordinary” of course my dream turned out to be exactly the same as a normal weekend with friends having some drinks at my house… Anything but out of the ordinary considering my recent dreams. :neutral:

Why doesn’t my SC want me to do well in this challenge? :eh:

Whoops. Thanks for reminding me about something I forgot to clarify Loah. Unlike fragments, task achievements points do stack over the night. So you can gain points for doing two tasks in one night so long as they were in different dreams. This also applies to late tasks with the added fact that doing more than one late task in a dream will gain you more points (i.e: Doing tasks 1 and 2 during task 3 will get you late points for both task 1 and 2, even if they were in the same dream).

As far as fragments, personally I define fragments as when you can’t remember what really happened but you know a small part/s of it. As in “Something to do with how bob likes drinks. Then we went fishing”, I would call that a fragment.

I also base the Standards of Recall points on how well and detailed someone can remember their dreams, opposed to how many dreams someone has. I wouldn’t award the points to someone who had 20 dreams that lacked detail, but rather to someone who had 3 dreams that were bursting with it.

Also Somnium, you realise this is a normal dream challenge? Lucidness isn’t required.

Hope this makes sense!

Hey I finally got recall! Yaaay! No tasks completed unfortunately