ND Challenge 5

Sadly, only a tiny fragment last night :sad: I was getting water from my fridge and had to press some buttons to turn off the “change filter” light.

completely forgot my dreams from this morning. and the notes i made to remember them are gibberish…
Tho i feel i completed the task already as I’m not a very physical wanting person. my friends and companions are the most dear to me. and what i have notes wise from this morning tells me i had another dream where my friends were the stars in it.

[center]Task 3:

[/center]

Uh oh! It appears that your filling in for Mario has caused you to become the target of some very unwanted attention. Now every evil guy and his minion is out to get you! It’s time for you to face the approaching challenger and kick his butt!

Don’t forget to take your item with you, it’s supposed to be there to help!

Please note: Doing a heroic deed or taking that specific item you can’t go without with you will be considered late tasks, as this task is about defeating your challenger.

You again have three days to do this task, and points for task 2 -should- be up in 24 hours. Again, if task 2 was done, please be sure to state whether or not it was achieved in a dream had before the new task was released. I apologies in advance for any slowness or delay as I have some things going on right now.

Only a couple fragments…

Fragments (2)

And I highly doubt I’ll ever see that watch again, but here goes. :razz:

Wait… do you read all our journels each day, or do you only read when we post we had something? I was thinking you just read them all, or was I just being silly?
If you only read when we post something here, i think i’ve missed out on a lot of points :tongue:

She does read them all. But I make it easier for her by keeping a track of all my dreams in one post here, with notes. I also have various accomplishments marked in my dreams (stuff like chaining or task completion).

I read them all when I count points. I match them to what you say you did and add in the things you forgot to say happened. You would indeed miss many points if I only read when you post something here :peek:

Also… are we supposed to use the same item we had before (if we had something) to defeat a villain? That is going to be really tough… especially when my instict to defeat my enemies is to zap them with a bolt of lightning, a beam of light, or bolts of energy. I’m not confident i have the discipline to defeat them with a portal gun.

now that i think about it. that and my forcefields, i have a lot of energy manipulation in my dreams.

Totally forgot to mention it doesn’t have to be the exact item you had before, just something that will help you defeat them. As in, something that is not already a part of you, like already having super magical powers doesn’t count unless super magical powers were given to you by some random person so you could defeat your challenger. Does that make sense?

Look basically, it’s just a bonus chance for people to do task 2 again. If you knew what you were doing during task 2, then you’re fine. If you think you complete task 2 during task 3, then you get late task points, so yeah.

Having an item with you is not a part of task 3, again, it’s just a way to score late task points.

oh i get it. ok then :smile:

Aha! Now this is a challenge I can do! (hopefully;; ) The only thing I’ll probably have trouble doing is finding the thing to beat him/her/it since I usually already have it. I’ll try my best though.

Also, great idea with incorporating task 2 with this task. It’s very generous of you :smile:

As said BlackKettle, you don’t have to beat them with something, I just thought it’d be a good idea because you could get the late task points for task 2 if you do it that way. :razz:

I recalled one dream last night, no tasks. It was very strange :razz:

I think Eilatan is saying that this part is just flavor text :razz:

I fished a number combination out of a locked safe this morning. A DC confirmed that i should keep it for the future. Will post and link after work.

Had an ND last night that I skip to share in forum

My dream recall is poor. Bah! I gotta buckle down. Grad school stress doesn’t mix well with LDing :razz:

I’m still in the game, just without many entries :tongue:

Well made short work of that task. A guy attacked me I took care of him so to speak lol see mah dj :happy:

I had a huge amount of dreams tonight, I hope I made up for the lack of dreams I had this round :happy:.

Also, what is considered chain dreaming? Waking up whilst having dreams and then falling back to sleep and again have dreams or continuing a certain dream you had after you woke up?

Chaining is the same thing as in LDing. Basically it’s where you wake from a dream, go back to sleep and re-enter that dream, even if at a different moment of dream time. As in, I woke when we were setting a bomb up, but I re-entered the dream in a point where we were looking at the aftermath of that bomb. Does that make sense? I’d like to point out that this only counts when having dreams directly one after another, not when you have one dream one day and then go visit the same place the next.

I should point out that I don’t think the points will be up until the end of this task, in which case I should have both task 2 and 3 points up. In a worst case scenario, they won’t be up until the end of task 4, but I’ll try and get on it so that is not the case. Again, I’m sorry for the delay.