Passive Control Dream Capsules...

Hi, I just read the article on ‘Active and Passive’ control (https://community.ld4all.com/t/active-and-passive-control-guide/32568). I like the sound of passive control and especially for beginners like myself it sounds like the best way of prolonging your first dreams. The only downside to it I could see is that if you wanted something like a jetpack to let you fly or whatever, and your in the middle of a desert when you realised your dreaming, your going to have to cook something up that might stretch the bounds of passive control and thus endanger the dream by a failed attempt at actively controlling the dream.

Granted this isn’t a big downside at all as the scope for passive control seams massive (not really had much of a go at it yet, my lucid dreams are lacking vividness and have been cut short especially the first few), but it was enough for me to wonder how you could easily make stuff appear whilst letting the dream take care of the bulk of the work.

My thought was to use ‘Capsule Corp’ style capsules as featured in Dragonball Z. For those unfamiliar with Dragonball Z, the capsules are hitech devices that store pretty much anything by reducing it in size to the point it fits inside a small ‘container’ with a button on, which when pressed and the capsule thrown to ground, out pops whatever had been shrunk inside (the full size things have a button on them to return them to the capsule). Rather than hitech devices it will probably pay to think of them as magic or the like.

I then started to think of how it would look so I could confidently visualise it next time I’m lucid and thought it could be neat if you had some sort of small ‘wristbox’ that you could put on your dream wrist (once you’d found it in a drawer or on the floor or inside a melon…), this box would stay on you and hopefully would become instinctive in your LDs to have this box on.
When you want something, all you do is open the box expecting to find the capsules for your canoe and paddle so you can cross a fast river or your jetboots to fly with.

Has anyone tried this? I’m looking forward to trying it, I only though about it today after an LD last night :smile: . Any thoughts always welcome :cool:.

P.S. I’m teaching myself Autodesk Inventor so I thought I would model the box and capsules as an exercise and to aid with visualizing them in-dream. I might have a picture to upload of my progress so far, although i just made an edit that broke it somewhat :grrr: . If I have time I might model some of the full size items too :tongue: .

EDIT: a couple of pictures of the wristbox:

I haven’t heard of that. But, just FYI, to cross a river, you wouldn’t use a canoe, you’d use a kayak.

canoes are more for lakes. kayaks are what go down fast rivers.
:smile:

Wow… this is an excellent idea !
I’ll try it !! :happy:

I’d forgotten I had posted this till another response came through :-p. Still not done the dream capsule thing, I’ve had a bit of a dry spell. What I have done though, to great effect was to find the ‘subtle knife’ as featured in the dark materials trilogy by Phillip Pulman. I tested it then cut a window in the air like in the books and stepped through (imagining the scene that I wished to visit as I cut). Thought it kind of fit with the passive control topic, I lost the dream almost immediately after I stepped through but that was down to my control.
I’d be very interested to hear peoples experiences of this kind of dream control :smile:.
Cheers, Oak.