Are you a natural? - Part II

Yes, I remember one lucid dream from when I was a little child. I had a book in front of me and in it were dreams that i could choose to “live”. It was so exciting, I can still remember the dreams :smile:

I taught myself lding as a child to combat nightmares it was like fear was my RC, “am i scared?” “yes” “then im dreaming, screw you monsters.” At one point i was seeing what else i could do and i gave myself a false awakening. i thought it would be cool if i woke up one morning and i hadn’t actually woken up and something cool would happen and what do you know that night i had a dream and when i woke up i looked around and started to get up then BAM! monster flying at me, then i woke up for real and just laughed to myself that it worked. But it soon left me and i suck at lding now but trying to get back into it.

I’m not a natural LDer. Actually, I just started trying it for like… 2 weeks. I’ve had one LD, but it wasn’t really spectacular!

Reviving this dead thread since I haven’t been to this forum in yearsss, but I’ve been naturally lucid dreaming all my life. I remember my favorite dream as a kid 20+ years later. I didn’t even know I dreamed differently than other people until I was in my early 20s, and I think that’s when I found out what lucid dreaming was, and I found this board. Back then I was interested in learning about the subject, now I’m interested in learning how to stop them, if that’s possible. I’m exhausted.

I don’t even remember when my first LD was.I’ve had them for as long as i can remember. I didn’t know what LD was until like 2 years ago. I always thought it was normal so i never really bothered to talk about it or anything. i guess maybe that’s kindof why i can do absolutely anything i want in my LDs with little or no resistence, is because when i was little i didn’t really know much difference between what was not possible and what was in real life. so i started ignorant and it’s just kindof grown in now. i guess i was lucky.

I know it’s because it’s been so long but I can barely remember recalling dreams in the first place when I was younger. I only really remember the nightmares! Sleeping/dreaming hasn’t been a priority of mine until about 6-7 years ago :smile:

I am not a natural, but I would LOVE to be one. Good thing LDing is a skill eh :smile:

Yep, I had them all the time! I would acknowledge it was a dream mostly, and I’d force a wake up but sometimes my SC would glue me to the ground and watch me suffer a nightmare, because I had a lot of fears. But now since I LD, I can control it.

I remember I had about 10 lucid dreams between the ages of 7 and 13, after which was when I first learned about lucid dreaming. Almost all of them came from nightmares except maybe a couple of them. I can remember most of them fairly well because at the time I thought they were very well worth remembering. Unfortunately my control was very limited at the time.

When I was young, there was a small period where I would get them pretty often but after I had 3 I didn’t get anymore until now. Might have been because I was so terrified of dreams back then, most of the dreams I remembered where nightmares. Then I hated them, but now I find them cool, after I wake up at least.

No way I’m a natural, I wish I was though.

I suppose I am one but years of depression and some other things have distracted me from any kind of dreaming.

As I wrote in the introduction thread, I remember having lucid dreams since early childhood. I used to be able to control most of them, but sometimes I just went with whatever the dream had to offer. I remember telling my cousins that before I go to bed, I visit a little shop in my head, where I “buy” whatever dream I wanted to have that night, and I claimed that by holding their hand while going to that shop I could buy dreams for them too. Then I would imagine myself entering a little red car and storming off into white light, as I was falling asleep. I had problems irl, though, because I was constantly questioning my surroundings, not sure of whether I was still inside a dream.

Yes i am a natural( as you call them) but never had them when i was a child?

I remember a lucid dream I had when I was younger. Can’t remember how old, but pretty young.

Most of the dream is lost to me now (but that part was not lucid anyways), I do remember I was in some random relatives house playing with a toy truck. I sort of looked around and came to the realization that the house was sort of a mix of several houses I was in before. I quickly realized that this was impossible so I must be dreaming.

I remember thinking that this was really amazing, and even came to the realization that I could do anything I wanted, nothing was impossible in a dream! I thought about what I wanted to do most in the entire world. Then I looked at the truck I was playing with, and thought “this is an awesome truck, I’m completely happy just playing with this truck”.

So it was, I became lucid, realized I could do anything, but choose to continue in the same direction I was going while non lucid. In my defence, it was a really awesome truck.

Never been Lucid when i was Young :’(

i completely understood every thing you said there , although iv never had one as a child the way you explained how you knew you were dreaming(you said this is immposible so it must be a dream ) is some thing iv said to my self many many times, in with u my friend on the rally awsome truck, just remember your dreams arnt dreams anymore THERE YOU!!

I often just sit on a chair in my dreams content in the fact that i know its a dream and in quite happy to be here, just soaking the awsome feeling of KNOWING

As far back as I can remember, I’ve gone through phases where I have lucid dream after lucid dream, then just normal dreams. When I first found this site I read about the techniques you can use to self induce lucid dreaming, I tried them a few times and they do work for me, although I found on my first attempt to lucid dream (which proved unsuccessful) about a week later, I had very lengthy lucid dreams for about 4 or 5 nights in a row.

I’m not a natural at all. It took me months of learning and practice to be able to lucid dream. I think it makes me appreciate it more!

I’m not a natural too. I don’t remember any LD from my childhood…
But ever since I’ve learned about LDs, I usually wonder if I’m dreaming, even when I’m not trying to have LDs.