Different styles of flying

Sure you can if you believe you can and if you imagine that you can… :content:

I might try some of these out.

One method that I use which works really well is flying Peter Pan style. It’s a nice leisurely style that allows you to maneuver really well and you can fly as fast or a slow as you want.

In relation to the other styles, I’ve noticed that, for me at least, it depends on the dream. Some styles work in some dreams while in other dreams they don’t work at all. But that’s what’s great about having so many different styles.

Well the Peter Pan style is the most natural I would say, everything else has the “style” in it so to speak…

I think it’s what should be most natural. But, at least from what I’ve read, people tend to turn to more complicated styles to begin with.

I guess whit which style you associated with from your probably childhood this is the style you often choose so if superman is cool to someone he/she is going to try the superman style no matter how hard could it be…

I used to have problem flying in my non-lucids. Had to jump up a few times while fapping my arms furiously, untill I got higher. Now in lucids, I fly like a hovering hummingbird.

What is this, I don’t even…
On topic: I rarely get lucid dreams but I did manage to fly once after I got a running start and jumped through a window. I don’t really know how though… Might’ve been something like iron man w/out assistance :o

I actually don’t fly in my LD s, I usually super-jump. The lack of gravity in my dreams (once in the air) makes it seem like flying, though. XP

What Starry said, going to try and do this once i can achieve lucidity.

I just had my first LD and I tried to fly by jumping, that didn’t really work so I tried to “swim” instead and that worked better, but I couldn’t stay up in the air for a long time. So I tried to jump on top of a house and then jump off the house and try that way. That didn’t work either I just started gliding down to the ground. :sad: Then a DC tried to help me flying by telling me that I should focus more and relax my arms, this time it worked better but I still couldn’t fly! Then she(the DC) teleported me to the centre of the universe(I think so at least) and we started racing around the galaxies :content: I still want to learn how to fly on my own!

I think I have a method that might be helpful. I apologize if this has already been suggested.

Ride a bike or stand atop a moving vehicle. Then, once you’re moving at a roughly constant speed, or in a smooth acceleration, focus your attention away from the vehicle. Pretend it’s not there, and instead focus on your movement itself. You should feel like you are flying just above the ground. Use that feeling to convince yourself you ARE flying, and then start to ascend.

I discovered this technique in the only lucid dream where I successfully flew. I was standing on the roof or hood of a moving car, and I stopped paying attention to the car. It started to feel like I was hovering above the road, and I was able to easily rise higher and higher.

In LDs I can fly however I want by just imagining it. It’s a pretty natural ability to me.

But in NDs I found that the method of flying I use the most is definitely the “Witch” style, aka using a broom or anything similar that’s just lying around. It’s ridiculously fun.

does anyone else just glide, like they are a ghost? Once I’ve figured out that i’m dreaming i can just lift my feet off the ground and i’ll float there, then I can gently glide around!

When I’m in flying mode I often float/hover above the ground. It’s usually at the beginning of the adventure. I would fly up like 100 meters and just hover there and observe what dream offers me and then I choose in which direction I wanna go.

I recently noticed the way I fly. I fly very often, like 60% of my dreams, in both LD and normal. The way I do it is like in minecraft creative mode :happy: I jump hard and then lift of, basically just by thought.

I do just that EVERY TIME. Actual flying is very rare for me, probably beacause I don’t have much awareness in my dreams, I loose lucidity quite fast :sad:

Heh and invisible motorcycle that can fly

For those using Peter Pan style if you remember in the movie they sprinkle fairy dust first and say a magic word like butterfly or rainbow. Perhaps if you just imagine that each time you sleep you are automatically sprinkled with the dust so all that’s left is to say the magic words :happy:

My favorite experiences with flying have been flying superman style at light speed, flying into outer space, and skimming the water of an ocean with my hand. I also flew down into the ocean and back out again. Pausing mid-air and doing a few backwards somasaults before freefalling through a thick atmosphere is uber fun. Something else you can do is fly with a lover much like in the original superman movie.

The thought occurred to me earlier today in IRC that using a giant flying jell-o man as a flying tool may work. Kind of like a magic carpet.